PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Thread for Those Going to Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a terrible area by any means. My dad used to own a really cool bar just a bit south of there on Penn & St Joseph called The Living Room Lounge. It's super eclectic, with a really random mix of people.

I've never had a negative experience in that neighborhood.

Thanks, that's good news!

Are the bars to hang out in between this area and the stadium or are they on another side?

Thanks, that's good news!

Are the bars to hang out in between this area and the stadium or are they on another side?

The Living Room Lounge is probably the closest bar... If you get down to Georgia & Penn The Pub and Howl at the Moon are great (this is also inside Super Bowl village)

So I am parked a bit away from the stadium because I wanted reasonable parking. From Market and North New Jersey to the stadium, is it a "safe" walk?

It's a safe walk - but it's sort of a long walk. I'll be completely honest, there isn't anywhere in the immediate downtown area that I would consider unsafe. Indianapolis isn't a very dangerous city.

Also - the police presence downtown this week reminds me of Capitol Hill. There are cops on nearly every corner.

Last edited:
The Living Room Lounge is probably the closest bar... If you get down to Georgia & Penn The Pub and Howl at the Moon are great (this is also inside Super Bowl village)

Joe, thanks for all of the help. Stupid question, but Super Bowl village is at LOS, right? Would you suggest that I head towards there Saturday night to hang out? You say that The Pub and Howl at the Moon are there, right?

Thanks so much again for all of your advice!

Bump.

What'e everyone doing Saturday night?!?

Service charge of $300-plus per ticket?! What's up with that?! So, a ticket quoted at $1,800 actually costs you more than $2,100. Damn greedy bastards.

Parking at "Tavern on the South" is $300 on game day. Lots South and West are going for $60 and the walk is only .5 miles (if that) to the $300 lot.

I would wait - been tracking ticket prices for a week now since we decided to go and there are some seats in the uppers for under 2K now; but think they may be partial obstructed view. Others that aren't obstructed that were going for 2,600 last weekend are now a little over 2K. Just be careful and print out the sections / rows that you would want to avoid. Ironically I found a list on a Giants site!! Getting there Friday morning and plan to start looking around for tickets on Saturday. I would wait until Sunday, but my husband would have a freaking heart attack. Going to shoot for the upper deck / low row - on the Pats side - looking for them to fall to about 1,500 per.

DLM, do you have that link for the Giants website?

Scottie, are you guys going to Broad Ripple Sat night?

Are you going there? I was thinking about it but ut's about 6 miles from where I'm staying and I kind of hate to drive on Saturday night.

Are you going there? I was thinking about it but ut's about 6 miles from where I'm staying and I kind of hate to drive on Saturday night.
Me too.

Lets meet someplace downtown.

Joe, thanks for all of the help. Stupid question, but Super Bowl village is at LOS, right? Would you suggest that I head towards there Saturday night to hang out? You say that The Pub and Howl at the Moon are there, right?

Thanks so much again for all of your advice!

LOS in part of the village - there is a heavy concentration of bars in the vicinity including The Stadium Tavern where I'll be. I don't want to try to steal people away from Broad Ripple but I'm staying downtown to avoid the insanity.

There are tons of good bars in that area.

One last bump.

Just found out two hours ago that I'M GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! The buddy who I take with me to most of the games has a friend who pulled a favor with a VIP, whose luxury box we'll be sitting in. Looking at a 15-hour drive, but who's complaining? Still pinching myself! GO PATRIOTS!!! :rocker:

Just found out two hours ago that I'M GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! The buddy who I take with me to most of the games has a friend who pulled a favor with a VIP, whose luxury box we'll be sitting in. Looking at a 15-hour drive, but who's complaining? Still pinching myself! GO PATRIOTS!!! :rocker:

Holy crap, grats dude!

Fantastic! So happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference