PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

400 people holding real Super Bowl tickets denied entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea that it was a "Total embarrassment" is a joke and just reinforces the propensity of Pats fans to totally blow things out of proportion. All the garbage you mentioned is the extraneous garbage that has nothing to do with the actual game.

Let's talk about the GAME. The game was AWESOME. The only thing that would have made it better is the Pats being there.

The game was GREAT.

The outcome was GREAT.

The fact that Steeler fans had a miserable time was GREAT.

But, lets be honest. This Super Bowl was a fiasco. How could they not have the stadium seating ready? Why werent plows and salt trucks called in from neighboring cities? Its the damn Super Bowl.

Very few, that Ive seen, cared for the half time show. Yes, the music is not what its all about, but its the biggest entertainment event of the year - excluding the World Cup - and you know a good show when youve seen one - U2 and Prince.

People have a lot of opinions about this which is no surprise. But let's talk brass tacks. If this goes to court and a judge awards each of the 400 people $10k in damages that's going to end up costing the league a cool $4 million plus lord knows what in attorney's fees.

That's chump change for the NFL. They probably could fund it from last season's helmet-to-helmet fines alone.

The game was GREAT.

The outcome was GREAT.

But, lets be honest. This Super Bowl was a fiasco. How could they not have the stadium seating ready? Why werent plows and salt trucks called in from neighboring cities? Its the damn Super Bowl.

Very few, that Ive seen, cared for the half time show. Yes, the music is not what its all about, but its the biggest entertainment event of the year - excluding the World Cup - and you know a good show when youve seen one - U2 and Prince.

The NFL (game, music, commercials, etc) part was great.

The Dallas part was an epic fail.

They did get to watch, did they not??
I heard they received standing room only seats.
The seats they ended up getting were probably better than their original seats!!
Those 400 seats were crammed in the highest possible corner, probably an obstructed view. Anyways though, you have a point, I would be pissed too, for a little while. Then I would look back at all the stuff I'm getting and realize, hey it could have been a lot worse.

They got to watch TV, that's it.

Some of the other 1200 fans were given standing room only. The 400 were ushered down to a basement and told to sit in front of TVs.

I wouldn't take this deal if I were a fan. No way. Time off from work, hotel, travel, food, cost of tickets. I'd need to b reimbursed for all of it to be happy.

Future Super Bowl promises? The Packers were in the SB last 16 years ago, and before that, it was almost 30 years. Twice in 45 years, good luck with waiting or another Super Bowl. The NFL is being cheap here.

I heard someone on the radio this morning say that the ticket holders did know in advance the seats wouldn't be available. I haven't heard that anywhere else though.

That's chump change for the NFL. They probably could fund it from last season's helmet-to-helmet fines alone.

Four million is four million. That wouldn't stand at any Fortune 500 company without some form of discipline being dished out.

The game was GREAT.

The outcome was GREAT.

It's in fact just a game.

People in other parts of DFW have a life to live, a job to go to, kids to take to school, and etc. The whole state of Texas shouldn't just be devoted to a game. C'mon.

So apparently the NFL just announced that these fans can not only attend another superbowl, but they get to CHOOSE which one to go to. On top of that, they can wait until after the conference championships to decide whether or not to go.....doesn't get much better than that, I officially do not feel bad for them.

So apparently the NFL just announced that these fans can not only attend another superbowl, but they get to CHOOSE which one to go to. On top of that, they can wait until after the conference championships to decide whether or not to go.....doesn't get much better than that, I officially do not feel bad for them.

So they can die waiting for their team to make it again. I can tell you I'd have no interest in attending a Super Bowl that didn't include the Patriots, and we're three years and counting. I think the NFL should give each of those fans $10k and be done with it. Goodell already has taken blame for what happened, admitting that not having those seats ready was the league's fault and not Jones'.

Last edited:

People in other parts of DFW have a life to live, a job to go to, kids to take to school, and etc. The whole state of Texas shouldn't just be devoted to a game. C'mon.

Dallas should have.

Have you ever been to a Super Bowl? Houston did an outstanding job on SB38.

Man, you like getting screwed over or what?

Green Bay Packers go 22 years between Super Bowls on average.

Don't be silly.

So they can die waiting for their team to make it again. I can tell you I'd have no interest in attending a Super Bowl that didn't include the Patriots, and we're three years and counting. I think the NFL should give each of those fans $10k and be done with it. Goodell already has taken blame for what happened, admitting that not having those seats ready was the league's fault and not Jones'.

Because Jones doesnt have any axx left to chew out.

Jones wanted to break the SB attendance record, not Goodell. Jones was indirectly responsible for waiting until the day before the game to call the Fire Marshall to see if the temporary seating was even safe.

The wagon was put before the horse.

Jones had people sitting outside in the parking lot. Jones had people sitting in the basement.

Because Jones doesnt have any axx left to chew out.

Jones wanted to break the SB attendance record, not Goodell. Jones was indirectly responsible for waiting until the day before the game to call the Fire Marshall to see if the temporary seating was even safe.

The wagon was put before the horse.

Jones had people sitting outside in the parking lot. Jones had people sitting in the basement.

Actually, the NFL ran the SB operation at the stadium.....not jones

This issue is going to loom during the CBS bargaining......it makes the NFL look like they're willing to screw anyone....fans and players

You don't know much about the state of Texas, do you?

You don't know much about the state of Texas, do you?

My brother lived there for a few years. He said instead of "It's like a whole other country" the motto should be "It's like a whole other country, and stay the hell out of it!"

:D

Actually, according to ESPN, the aggrieved ticket holders now have two options:

(1) $2,400 in cash + free tickets to SB 2012 that they can re-sell if they want
- or -
(2) Free tickets to any future SB, electable after the championship games, plus free airfare and hotel accommodations. These tickets cannot be resold, and they don't get the $2,400, either.

They got to watch TV, that's it.

Some of the other 1200 fans were given standing room only. The 400 were ushered down to a basement and told to sit in front of TVs.

I wouldn't take this deal if I were a fan. No way. Time off from work, hotel, travel, food, cost of tickets. I'd need to b reimbursed for all of it to be happy.

Future Super Bowl promises? The Packers were in the SB last 16 years ago, and before that, it was almost 30 years. Twice in 45 years, good luck with waiting or another Super Bowl. The NFL is being cheap here.
You're entitled to your own opinions, but you not entitled to your own facts. There have been 45 Super Bowls, 5 of which the Packers played in (not "twice in 45 years"). So that's far from an average of 22 years between Packers appearances.

Heck, if we want to use GB history as an indicator, they go to Super Bowls in groups of 2. So maybe there's your 2011 NFC Champs right there.

Having said that, I think the NFL should get reamed for what they did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes