PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

400 people holding real Super Bowl tickets denied entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're entitled to your own opinions, but you not entitled to your own facts. There have been 45 Super Bowls, 5 of which the Packers played in (not "twice in 45 years"). So that's far from an average of 22 years between Packers appearances.

Heck, if we want to use GB history as an indicator, they go to Super Bowls in groups of 2. So maybe there's your 2011 NFC Champs right there.

Having said that, I think the NFL should get reamed for what they did.

I forgot about the Broncos SB. I wasn't trying to deliberately mislead. Also, I was looking at years between appearances. Take SB2 to SB 45 and divide by 3.

Last edited:
Actually, the NFL ran the SB operation at the stadium.....not jones

Yes and no.

Eric Grubman, the NFL executive vice president for business ventures, indicated that while the league has control of the stadium leading up to the game, the Dallas Cowboys' role will be reviewed, too.

"It's a shared responsibility," Grubman said. "It's our overall ability to manage it. We have to look carefully at the key steps along the way."

Somebody contracted with a NY Company to install the temporary seating. The question is, who signed the contract?

Hmm, its Jerry Jones stadium and property.

Seat Gate - NY Company to blame

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Im hearing that Seating Solutions still hadnt submitted architectural drawings to the city of Arlington 3 weeks prior to the game. The drawings are needed to acquire a permit to install the seating.

Also, word is that Jack Hill, who was hired by Jones to mange the stadium, may have hired and signed the contract with Seating Solutions making Jones liable since Hill is employed by Jones.

Company defends its work on temporary seats at Super Bowl | Super Bowl XLV News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW

So they can die waiting for their team to make it again. I can tell you I'd have no interest in attending a Super Bowl that didn't include the Patriots, and we're three years and counting. I think the NFL should give each of those fans $10k and be done with it. Goodell already has taken blame for what happened, admitting that not having those seats ready was the league's fault and not Jones'.

Ok let's be honest....the chances that all these people will die before their team makes it again is ridiculous. Yes, it could happen, but lets be reasonable, they will get their chance to go again. You seem to not realize that these people will get to watch 2 Superbowls and MAKE MONEY from doing so...

Man, you like getting screwed over or what?

Green Bay Packers go 22 years between Super Bowls on average.

Don't be silly.

Yeah I love getting cheated and screwed over....I live my life to be swindled, no better feeling in the world.

I just fail to see how these people are getting screwed....don't play the averages game, that's a load of BS. The pack are favored to go next year, and will be strong for years to come...Look, the point is, the NFL is trying to make this right....what else can they really do? I would not be upset about the deal if I were one of those fans.

Ok let's be honest....the chances that all these people will die before their team makes it again is ridiculous. Yes, it could happen, but lets be reasonable, they will get their chance to go again. You seem to not realize that these people will get to watch 2 Superbowls and MAKE MONEY from doing so...

I read an article where those people were treated really well, including going on the field after the game. But, there is nothing that will equal rooting for your team all year long and having the opportunity (we do not know what sacrifices were made) to go to THE GAME and see your team play (and possibly win) the Superbowl. For some people, the stars were aligned and they did everything right, and were denied entrance. A future Superbowl may never materlize for some of these people, for it was a once in a life time experience.

I read an article where those people were treated really well, including going on the field after the game.
I think the only articles saying that are on NFL.com. All other articles talk about how they were treated like crap, no one knew what in the heck was going on, they were herded around from place to place, and many didn't even get to the TV's until the 2nd quarter. That wasn't a typo: Some of the people who lost their seats and were told to watch it on TV in bar still missed the 1st quarter.

Yeah I love getting cheated and screwed over....I live my life to be swindled, no better feeling in the world.

I just fail to see how these people are getting screwed....don't play the averages game, that's a load of BS. The pack are favored to go next year, and will be strong for years to come...Look, the point is, the NFL is trying to make this right....what else can they really do? I would not be upset about the deal if I were one of those fans.

What else can they do? Cover the costs incurred. That's what.

BTW - In a follow-up by News8 here in Dallas, it turns out that the issue with the seats was known about for WEEKS prior to the SB. :eek:

Company defends its work on temporary seats at Super Bowl | Super Bowl XLV News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW

But the NFL took control of Cowboys Stadium to set up for the Super Bowl on Jan. 8, and league executives said Monday that they knew of the complications by the middle of last week.

WFAA-TV reported that Arlington city records show there may have been concerns with the temporary seating setup as early as three weeks ago.

And here is the breakdown of the compensation:

So, it seems like the issue was Jerry Jones, Roger Goodell, and everyone on the SB Committee...

And, as we've seen, the lawsuits are already rolling in..

What else can they do? Cover the costs incurred. That's what.

Every one of those people got to see the game from inside the stadium. And they're being compensated more than fairly, having received merchandise as well as what's being offered in terms of cash and the SB ticket for next year or the SB ticket to a future SB and travel expenses..

The game was GREAT.

The outcome was GREAT.

The fact that Steeler fans had a miserable time was GREAT.

But, lets be honest. This Super Bowl was a fiasco. How could they not have the stadium seating ready? Why werent plows and salt trucks called in from neighboring cities? Its the damn Super Bowl.

Very few, that Ive seen, cared for the half time show. Yes, the music is not what its all about, but its the biggest entertainment event of the year - excluding the World Cup - and you know a good show when youve seen one - U2 and Prince.

Clearly, you've never been to Texas. I live here, now, after 24 years in New England. I moved south to get away from the snow/ice. Let me explain something to you. When it snows or ices, even lightly, this place all but shuts down. It's a running joke between myself and many of the people who come from real winter climates like New England, Northern New York, Canada, and Wisconsin.

Dallas is lucky if it has 50 trucks that can plow/salt. People here don't have snow plow hitches on their trucks.. You'd be lucky to find 200 trucks that can plow/salt in the DFW Metroplex, which is about 3500 square miles has probably 500K miles of roadway. And that covers large cities like Irving, Arlington, and Fort Worth. So, where are they supposed to get these plows from when they are all tied up with their own issues?? I'm fairly certain that in the same area of Massachusetts, you'd find about 750-1000 DPW trucks as well as an equal number of people with plows of their own..

As for salting the roads, this area isn't like New England where the towns stockpile 1000s of tons of dirt and salt to throw down during a storm. I'd bet that most places (if they have salt/dirt at all) only have enough for 1-2 storms.. Not 4-5. And last week, we had 3 in one week come through..

Now, you add in the fact that snow/ice this late into the year is very uncommon for the DFW Metroplex, and it's very easy to see how they got caught off-guard by everything. Especially since, in the 3 previous years that I'd been here, the coldest it got was about 30.. and that was for one day. It's been years since they've had more than 2 weeks of below freezing weather. So, when it's snowed this late, it's lasted maybe a few hours.. Not a few days..

Should they have planned for a week long snow event? Yes, the SB committee should have made certain that Arlington, and the surrounding counties (Dallas, Tarrant, etc) would be prepared for such an event because of Murphy's law.

As for the seating, well, that's Jerry for you since he and his cronies were the ones who said they could easily fit in all those temporary seats.

Clearly, you've never been to Texas.

Wrong, I lived there 10 years.

I live here, now, after 24 years in New England. I moved south to get away from the snow/ice. Let me explain something to you. When it snows or ices, even lightly, this place all but shuts down. It's a running joke between myself and many of the people who come from real winter climates like New England, Northern New York, Canada, and Wisconsin.

Which is exactly my point. Snow and ice storms are not some fluke event that happens every 10 years. Its also not Murphys law or uncommon to have snow and ice in February since the Dallas area receives its highest accumulation in the month of February.

Climate of Dallas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dallas is lucky if it has 50 trucks that can plow/salt. People here don't have snow plow hitches on their trucks.. You'd be lucky to find 200 trucks that can plow/salt in the DFW Metroplex, which is about 3500 square miles has probably 500K miles of roadway. And that covers large cities like Irving, Arlington, and Fort Worth. So, where are they supposed to get these plows from when they are all tied up with their own issues??

Arkansas, Okie.

Every one of those people got to see the game from inside the stadium.

Yeah, on TV.

Not sure I would consider this view an acceptable alternative to a seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl1I6AT_r0E&feature=related

And they're being compensated more than fairly, having received merchandise as well as what's being offered in terms of cash and the SB ticket for next year or the SB ticket to a future SB and travel expenses..

What if the team they were there to see is not in the SB again in their lifetime? One guy brought his 80 year-old dad from Green Bay. For many the SB is a perishable, non-substitutable good.

Last edited:
Yeah, on TV.

What if the team they were there to see is not in the SB again in their lifetime? One guy brought his 80 year-old dad from Green Bay. For many the SB is a perishable, non-substitutable good.

Bingo! A once in a lifetime experience.

Every one of those people got to see the game from inside the stadium. And they're being compensated more than fairly, having received merchandise as well as what's being offered in terms of cash and the SB ticket for next year or the SB ticket to a future SB and travel expenses..

They didn't get to see the game live from inside the stadium.

Every one of those people got to see the game from inside the stadium.....

Wow, that one would make a corporate lawyer proud, Dabruinz.

Care to elaborate whether they watched it live and not in a room with a tv set?

Maybe this was the NFL's focus group study on whether or not to offer up for sale in the future "live - viewed from a TV in the basement of the stadium" event tickets.

Maybe they could jam another 1k folk in and make that much more $.

Maybe this was the NFL's focus group study on whether or not to offer up for sale in the future "live - viewed from a TV in the basement of the stadium" event tickets.

Maybe they could jam another 1k folk in and make that much more $.

Don't give them any ideas!

Wrong, I lived there 10 years.
Then you clearly have forgotten what it's like. Either that or you are talking out your rear end.. Or both.. I can't figure out which.

Which is exactly my point. Snow and ice storms are not some fluke event that happens every 10 years. Its also not Murphys law or uncommon to have snow and ice in February since the Dallas area receives its highest accumulation in the month of February.

Climate of Dallas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, but your point is flimsy at best. Having that many storms (3) in that short amount of time (4 days) IS a fluke. As is the extreme cold weather that we had to go with it (the HIGH for 2 of the 4 days was 19. The others were 23 and 26). The last time Dallas was as cold as it was the week leading up to the SB was back in 1981. And even back then, it was only for ONE day. Not an entire week.

Arkansas, Okie.

The same states that got hit with snow and ice as well?? Yes, Oklahoma and Arkansas are just going to ignore the safety of their own citizens to lend plows and sanders to the Dallas area because of the SB.

You really need to do a better job of thinking things through because, so far, you're horrible at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes