PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This guy got free tickets to the Superbowl........

So a guy who murdered someone and was convicted of it is being rewarded for working to change the criminal justice system that rightly convicted and imprisoned him.

As far as I'm concerned the reform should be that he should still be in prison.

So a guy who murdered someone and was convicted of it is being rewarded for working to change the criminal justice system that rightly convicted and imprisoned him.

As far as I'm concerned the reform should be that he should still be in prison.
This guy should have been executed

I really don't get what people's issue is. He was 15 and he did something terrible. Paid for it for the next 30 years. Turned his life around and became a positive member of society who is helping an NFL player make the world better. NFL player wanted to make a point about second chances and gave his buddy a Super Bowl ticket.

Like at some point you just have to accept we have a system, the man did what he needed to do, and changed. I feel like it's more rooted in a jealously that someone people feel is "undeserving" got tickets they would love to have and just an overall desire humans have to judge other people.

People do change and can work to redeem themselves. If you don't believe that then maybe we should just execute everyone in the criminal justice system. This is a non story to me at best.

I think what's interesting is that the guy was given a mandatory life sentence without parole, yet still tried to rehabilitate himself with no expectation of ever getting out. It wasnt until much later that the SCOTUS declared mandatory life sentences for juveniles unconstitutional and opened the door for parole after he served 30yrs.

I think the parole board saw that effort he made when there was no payoff of possible freedom in a good light.

Regards,
Chris

I get it... 2nd chance, rehabilitation, atonement, etc... I get all that but IMO it's really disrespectful to the family of the victim.

I don't think you're in a position to make that claim. If the family themselves don't feel that way. For all you know, they have forgiven him after all this time.

Just imagine the scene if Ray Lewis and him would meet. Just a slight nod to each other but both know: Game recognizes Game.

Speaking of Walter Payton Man of the year award. What's the deal with the Texans nominating JJ Watt for the award.

The award is meant for excellence on and off the field. JJ Watt does not qualify. No doubt JJ Watt is going to win. Not that he should. Then again, HGH Sexual predator and E-LIE won the award, so we know this award has been corrupted and tainted.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
You think Songster will take a stab at Super Bowl squares in the week leading up to the game?

If he stabs those ******* eagles fans who threw un-opened beer cans at vikings fans I might be ok with it. As long as the victims survive. I mean come on that **** is ****ed up too! They need some karma.

This is not about celebrating somebody who has done wrong. It is about celebrating hope, redemption and the capacity for human beings to change and do better. This guy changed his life from a troubled, nasty, drugged out 15 year old murder to something else. Think "Red" from Shawshank redemption.

That's cool man, hopefully the victim was able to experience hope...oh wait...:rolleyes:

Speaking of Walter Payton Man of the year award. What's the deal with the Texans nominating JJ Watt for the award.

The award is meant for excellence on and off the field. JJ Watt does not qualify. No doubt JJ Watt is going to win. Not that he should. Then again, HGH Sexual predator and E-LIE won the award, so we know this award has been corrupted and tainted.
Solder should win it. I'm pretty sure he's not even a finalist, which is egregious. He won 2 Super Bowls in 3 years while battling cancer among himself and his infant son, all while playing left tackle at a high level & protecting the league's best QB.

JJ Watt will win it though. All he did was post a donate button online where a bunch of celebrities eventually contributed tons of their money for hurricane relief (a great thing overall, but that's more about social media/other celebrities than him personally), all while he sat in a tub for for the last 2 seasons.

I really don't get what people's issue is. He was 15 and he did something terrible. Paid for it for the next 30 years. Turned his life around and became a positive member of society who is helping an NFL player make the world better. NFL player wanted to make a point about second chances and gave his buddy a Super Bowl ticket.

Like at some point you just have to accept we have a system, the man did what he needed to do, and changed. I feel like it's more rooted in a jealously that someone people feel is "undeserving" got tickets they would love to have and just an overall desire humans have to judge other people.

People do change and can work to redeem themselves. If you don't believe that then maybe we should just execute everyone in the criminal justice system. This is a non story to me at best.

Congrats on him changing his life around! But guess what man. In most cases, the victim is still suffering from the effects of this. In this case the victim is dead. And he gets to be rewarded for damaging another person's life, in this case ending it. How is that fair? it's not! I really don't give a **** about going to the Super Bowl. I'm not jealous man.

I don't think you're in a position to make that claim. If the family themselves don't feel that way. For all you know, they have forgiven him after all this time.

Maybe you should ask how the victim feels about this. Since really it's up to him. Oh wait, you can't. He's DEAD!

Here's cool/sad story

It was the year of 89. My mom was in Miami for a work conference. It was a pretty big deal, as she received a couple of gifts from the organizers. Between those, two tickets for Super Bowl XXIII.

My mom didnt know crap about Football. Few days before it, she was in the lobby of the hotel, and she saw a kid crying with his father. He was crying because he couldnt get SB tickets.

So my mom gave those tickets away.

I havent spoken to my mother since she told me this story

That's cool man, hopefully the victim was able to experience hope...oh wait...:rolleyes:

Yes, hopefully he does. I know one person that is happy and glad this person changed his life around and found redemption.

If he stabs those ******* eagles fans who threw un-opened beer cans at vikings fans I might be ok with it. As long as the victims survive. I mean come on that **** is ****ed up too! They need some karma.

Those fans were probably dependent on some sort of government assistance. I highly doubt they have the discretionary income to throw down on a Super Bowl game.

You're missing the point. I can't help you.
You can't help him because if you convince him of your viewpoint, you would be harming, not helping.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Malcolm Jenkins gives Super Bowl tickets to man who spent 30 years behind bars

As one of the 32 nominees for the NFL’s Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award, Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins received two free tickets to the Super Bowl. Via the New York Daily News, he’s giving them to Kempis Songster.

Seriously?? This is the guy who will be seating in the free seats he got for being nominated for being the "Man of the Year"? These players really need to start thinking, for all their crying about black lives matter, you invite a drug dealer convicted of murdering a black kid because the kid did not bring him his dinner in a timely fashion?

They really can't be this tone deaf, can they?

Good on Jenkins for supporting someone that turned around his life in prison.

Here's cool/sad story

It was the year of 89. My mom was in Miami for a work conference. It was a pretty big deal, as she received a couple of gifts from the organizers. Between those, two tickets for Super Bowl XXIII.

My mom didnt know crap about Football. Few days before it, she was in the lobby of the hotel, and she saw a kid crying with his father. He was crying because he couldnt get SB tickets.

So my mom gave those tickets away.

I havent spoken to my mother since she told me this story

Wait, I don't get it.

Did that kid and his father murder someone?

The goal of incarceration is to keep people behind high walls and to rehabilitate... apparently from what I read Songster took advantage of whatever the PA corrections system had to offer...

Songster has spent 2/3 of his life behind bars, in what the SCOTUS has ruled is an unconstitutional sentence... 15 year olds do stupid things, in this case an incredibly stupid thing..

I spent 30 years as a corrections professional and this type of case is ok with me.. some inmates make some nice changes, many do not. When you go to any public venue you never know who you are sitting next to..

Never understood the american "christian" ethos about forgiveness, as there are some amongst us who want to keep on punishing this guy.. he did his time time to move on..

The usual suspects are here in the thread saying the usual stupid ****.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back