PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 12 (8-10-16) [Joint Practice Session #2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding booing. I'm almost certain that BB doesnt mind it. These are grown men, they don't want a cookie for doing a bad job.

Regarding booing. I'm almost certain that BB doesnt mind it. These are grown men, they don't want a cookie for doing a bad job.

BB doesn't care one way or the other, I think. The fans are going to do what they want. Doesn't make it any less dumb though.

I believe they were referencing a game situation. And not for nothing, but there have been times when I've complained that the crowd isn't cheering loud enough...almost like winning is guaranteed. Legit, there have been times I've wondered if we were up in a game based on the indifference of the crowd. High standards or not, I don't feel you should boo if you're not going to cheer. I know I compared the booing to Philly fans, but you never have to wonder if one of their teams is doing well. It's always obvious.

There are times when the team has deserved it, but it's ridiculous in a practice seeing...a FREE session. You pay for tickets. You don't pay for practice. F+ck off (not you Nikolai:))!

Nikolai, I'm not attacking you at all. I'm just annoyed by it.

If you've been to a game, disregard, but I think the whole "quiet crowd" thing is a bit overblown. The loudest cheer (and hell, one of the loudest non-artillery sounds) I've heard was the cheer when the pass got broken up at the end of the Ravens game in 2009. Sometimes the stadium gets really loud, and then I'll go home, watch the replay and you can't hear it at all on CBS.

And I get the whole thing about it being a free session of practice, and I would tend to agree with you that it's a little messed up. At the same time, I don't think BB minds. It's more practice with "ignoring the noise".

If you've been to a game, disregard, but I think the whole "quiet crowd" thing is a bit overblown. The loudest cheer (and hell, one of the loudest non-artillery sounds) I've heard was the cheer when the pass got broken up at the end of the Ravens game in 2009. Sometimes the stadium gets really loud, and then I'll go home, watch the replay and you can't hear it at all on CBS.

And I get the whole thing about it being a free session of practice, and I would tend to agree with you that it's a little messed up. At the same time, I don't think BB minds. It's more practice with "ignoring the noise".

The regular season 09 Ravens game? Or the 2011 playoffs (I only ask because that's a very famous broken up pass)?

The regular season 09 Ravens game? Or the 2011 playoffs (I only ask because that's a very famous broken up pass)?

The regular season 09 game. Alas, I wasn't there for the 2011 game.

And I understand that. But it's still practice and being booed in a practice setting is overdoing it. I'm surprised these things are even open to the public, though I'm still happy that they are. My bball coach would kick the bystanders to the curb every time they got too roudy. People have a right to an expectation in a game because they pay for those. Practice is free. Go home if you don't like what you see. The team hasn't even played a preseason game and I'll say again that this is their first competition against new guys. And as JM stated, it's not like Brady had been leaps and bounds better, even when he's gotten reps with the "ones." We see this one differently, Kontra.

He's a professional athlete. If the fans booing him after he throws a pass off his back foot and into double coverage unnerves him that much, then we have much bigger problems to talk about for the first four weeks, Houston. New competition or not, the kid has to make better decisions with the football.

We're starting to act like Philly fans. They're booing a kid who is obviously still learning? That's bad, especially since it sounds like his receivers haven't been doing him any favors.
Hey isnt that kind of double standard. You are against Dobson and you are saying Garrapolo is just learning. Just teasing could not help myself:p

looks like zo is playing. steve deossie, too.

CphaBTmWgAAM9vr.jpg

Hey isnt that kind of double standard. You are against Dobson and you are saying Garrapolo is just learning. Just teasing could not help myself:p
Nope. I'm against a receiver who was a day one starter and still can't catch a football. Good one though. Lol:p

looks like zo is playing. steve deossie, too.

CphaBTmWgAAM9vr.jpg

I know Jeff Howe, Kevin Duffy and Chris Price are playing. Tom Curran and Phil Perry too. Perry caught a TD from Zo just now lol

Wasnt sure where to Post this but I guess Reggie ragland has a torn ACL and will miss the season

He's a professional athlete. If the fans booing him after he throws a pass off his back foot and into double coverage unnerves him that much, then we have much bigger problems to talk about for the first four weeks, Houston. New competition or not, the kid has to make better decisions with the football.
I never made any claim that it affects Jimmy or whether it should or not. I simply think there's no place for it in a practice setting. That's a player's time to look good or bad as they learn to perfect the craft. I'm a photographer and will purposely take bad pictures at weird angles to see the result when I'm practicing the craft. I couldn't care less what someone says about it. This is vastly different from sitting before a bride who has paid me with a portfolio of bad images. That's my analogy. I never mentioned anything about Jim's feelings, or BB's, for that matter.

I, as in ME, don't think there's a place for it in a setting where throwing off your back foot into double coverage can be a product of QBs doing things they perhaps wouldn't do in a game because it doesn't necessarily matter if things go poorly, especially considering it's free and fans don't have to be there. Brady, himself, has said numerous times he takes more chances in a practice setting. You, as a fan, have no idea if it's Jimmy making bad decisions or doing precisely what Brady described. To you it may look like simply a bad decision, when it could be something that was discussed prior to maybe see if he's capable of doing something similar in a game situation if necessary. I, for one, had plenty of bball coaches challenge me to do things in practice that they wouldn't call on in games, or at least not frequently. Again, it's practice and there's always a certain level of experimentation that goes on. Either way, we'll know more tomorrow night when it matters more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes