PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already make enough threads my friend ;) Last thing I wanna do inundate the forum with more lol

A simple exercise for threadacholics .. publish every second (or third) thread you come up with.;)
Converting thread into a post and squeeze it into another thread is also a good idea.
In any case, keep up the good work.

Here is a question on post season eligibility. If a team is eliminated in the post season are all of their players ineligible for further play?

Say the Cowboys released Cooper and the Pats suffered an interior OL injury.

Would Cooper be an eligible replacement?

Was asking myself the same question yesterday..

Here is a question on post season eligibility. If a team is eliminated in the post season are all of their players ineligible for further play?

I think releasing a player under any circumstances simply makes him free to sign immediately. I remember there was a CB a few years ago who sparked a bidding war and signed before free agency even started because he was released. Not sure who, think it was someone who either signed with or came from KC.

EDIT: Guy I'm talking about is Stanford Routt.

While I understand your point . we used this thread for Pats related moves before . and I think its a good idea since there are so many threads flying around at the moment and this one is an anchor that stays.

Kudos for the great job with this thread by the way..

Let me second that. This is a Go To thread for me. Makes it easy to keep up with the revolving door.
Props to the OP and the participants.

No. Once your season is over, the only thing you can do is cut players who fail their exit physical or sign players to a futures contract. You can also sign players to extensions, as the Jets did with their guard, Brian Winters.

@Miguel should be able to shed even more light on this

I think releasing a player under any circumstances simply makes him free to sign immediately. I remember there was a CB a few years ago who sparked a bidding war and signed before free agency even started because he was released. Not sure who, think it was someone who either signed with or came from KC.

EDIT: Guy I'm talking about is Stanford Routt.

Routt was released by the Chiefs in November of 2012. He was signed by the Texans in December of 2012. B

I wonder if BB would consider bringing in Godsey as a helping hand in preparations for the SB?

May offer some perspective on attacking the Pats D?

I wonder if BB would consider bringing in Godsey as a helping hand in preparations for the SB?

May offer some perspective on attacking the Pats D?

My first thought was that Godsey would be brought back if any of the Patriots Offensive coaches left.. With McDaniels staying, that seems less likely..

My first thought was that Godsey would be brought back if any of the Patriots Offensive coaches left.. With McDaniels staying, that seems less likely..

I think he'd be considered. I don't necessarily blame him for all of HOU's offensive woes.

Routt was released by the Chiefs in November of 2012. He was signed by the Texans in December of 2012. B

What I was referring to was his brief free agent period between Oakland and KC. Released and signed in Feb.

What I was referring to was his brief free agent period between Oakland and KC. Released and signed in Feb.

That was after the season was over. Again, doesn't apply to this situation..

That was after the season was over. Again, doesn't apply to this situation..

No, it doesn't, but I was trying to think of other situations when you "can't sign players". Maybe McDaniels joining in 2012 is closer but still not there.

Hopefully not replacement for the current #88

He's the 2nd TE technically under contract after Gronk next year.

6'5" 250 lbs, also played with the Cardinals and Browns before going to camp with the Bears and being cut before the season.

Some additional notes from Patspulpit article:
Patriots sign TE Rob Housler to future’s contract

The Patriots had brought Housler in for a workout on January 4th.

Housler was one of the more athletic pass catching TEs in the 2011 class, picking up top finishes in the 40-yard dash (4.55), vertical (37”), short shuttle (4.21), long shuttle (11.69) and 3-cone (6.90). His athleticism plus big catching radius (34 1/2” arms) have not translated into production in the NFL (109 catches 1166 yards 1 TD) and has only appeared in 10 games since the start of the 2015 season.

The Patriots may see Housler as an athletic move TE that can at least perform as a camp body. Housler is not a good blocker, which puts him in an uphill battle to make the 2017 roster unless he can separate himself as a receiver.

I guess Belichick felt guilty for getting on Lewis for ball-security in front of reporters LOL

All kidding aside, the Patriots' Run defense were very prepared, and the practice RBs played a role in that for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes