PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should Pats try to get Cooper on their practice squad?

Scar did like him initially. Reports said they were expecting to bring him to PS after release.
So no, I wouldn't be surprised if they take him over Farris f.e..
Depends on the health picture though.

Scar did like him initially. Reports said they were expecting to bring him to PS after release.
Is he PS eligible?

First time on waivers, he didn't make it past the first team. Second time on waivers, he made it past all 32. Guess his stock went down. Or the Browns were the only team to claim him the first time...

Two big guys with some experience visiting. SB XLIX not forgotten.
Simon was a good customer.

Have the Pats given any player a futures contract yet? Because i saw that the Vikings gave almost everybody on thier PS one and i would think the Pats would do the same.

If the lowly Browns didn't even keep him for their final 4 week "look ahead to next year" period of evaluation, that can't be a good sign for him.

To take it one step further, he was making the league minimum in base salary, so he would've been a cheap player with high upside.

Have the Pats given any player a futures contract yet? Because i saw that the Vikings gave almost everybody on thier PS one and i would think the Pats would do the same.

They have a small business of winning the Superbowl first.
It can only be done when the team's season finishes.

Here a good read how it works: How Do NFL Futures Contracts Work?

If the lowly Browns didn't even keep him for their final 4 week "look ahead to next year" period of evaluation, that can't be a good sign for him.

To take it one step further, he was making the league minimum in base salary, so he would've been a cheap player with high upside.

Cooper was working out for Dallas today and thats not a bad line there ..

So, now that the regular season is finished and Alex Mack is still healthy and taking most of the snaps, does that pretty much lock in the comp pick to Cleveland which the Pats get for Collins?

Just for some perspective of Pats overboard depth ..

Cooper was working out for Dallas today and thats not a bad line there ..
That's kind of what I mean though. It's the time of year where evaluations can be made, which is what CLE stated that it was doing over the last 4 games.

For them to determine their evaluation and cut bait when the season wasn't even over yet could be telling. Then again, who knows? It isn't like CLE is known for being great evaluators of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes