PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 12 (8-10-16) [Joint Practice Session #2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree. The crowd is booing him because he hasn't played well. Most understand that Brady will return after 4 games and are fully supportive of JG for the first month. They wouldn't be booing him if he was playing better.

Pretty much. He's firing picks left and right in practice. That's the reason he's getting booed. Sure, he's not Brady. It's unfair to expect him to be. But he has to play at a level somewhat better than dog ****.

I like that the Saints are giving us a hard time on practice. Tough training, easy fight.

Ouch, that's pretty bad. I think it's just a confidence thing at this point.

Courtney Fallon doing a good job, lots of tweets from camp by her. And she's pretty hot too ;)
Definitely a confidence thing which means we as fans should support him instead of f'ing booing him at practice. I think @Gronkowski123 needs to update his definition of pink hat. THAT is the act of a pink hat.

Patriots Nation has your back, Jimmy.

Pretty much. He's firing picks left and right in practice. That's the reason he's getting booed. Sure, he's not Brady. It's unfair to expect him to be. But he has to play at a level somewhat better than dog ****.

Except outside of that one scrimmage Brady hasn't exactly been that much better

Definitely a confidence thing which means we as fans should support him instead of f'ing booing him at practice. I think @Gronkowski123 needs to update his definition of pink hat. THAT is the act of a pink hat.

Patriots Nation has your back, Jimmy.

And I feel like I must reiterate that booing him on a day with TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS where it's hard to complete a pass (unless you're TB) is plain dumb. If you are there and you don't realize that then that's doubly dumb. I can understand the last 4 practices not being his best but this one should allow him a bit off the firing hole.

Completing less passes but same INT numbers.

And I feel like I must reiterate that booing him on a day with TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS where it's hard to complete a pass (unless you're TB) is plain dumb. If you are there and you don't realize that then that's doubly dumb. I can understand the last 4 practices not being his best but this one should allow him a bit off the firing hole.

Sounds like there was a free practice that fans attended when a Patsfans game day thread suddenly broke out.

Last edited:
And this is where I have to disagree. It's practice and this is where mistakes are supposed to be made. That's partly the point of practice. You're trying different things and learning. This is also the teams first competition against other guys. I expect for them to look somewhat bad. The guys on the other side get paid too, as the saying goes. If you don't experience these moments in practice, how will you deal when they inevitably happen in games?

If we were in midseason or even the third or so week of training camp and he looked as bad, then maybe I'd get behind the booing...maybe. But it's only week 2 of TC and this is their first look at different competition. These guys are still getting acclimated to playing a faster pace and being hit. And as stated before, it doesn't sound like Gronk and co. are helping the cause much either. I don't know. I feel all the booing is premature.

What's up with JG? Holy cow

Except outside of that one scrimmage Brady hasn't exactly been that much better
Brady's also been given crap to work with as far as receivers go and has still been better. Why are you comparing the two anyway?

And this is where I have to disagree. It's practice and this is where mistakes are supposed to be made. That's partly the point of practice. You're trying different things and learning. This is also the teams first competition against other guys. I expect for them to look somewhat bad. The guys on the other side get paid too, as the saying goes. If you don't experience these moments in practice, how will you deal when they inevitably happen in games?

If we were in midseason or even the third or so week of training camp and he looked as bad, then maybe I'd get behind the booing...maybe. But it's only week 2 of TC and this is their first look at different competition. These guys are still getting acclimated to playing a faster pace and being hit. And as stated before, it doesn't sound like Gronk and co. are helping the cause much either. I don't know. I feel all the booing is premature.
He's had weeks now to get acclimated and is working with the ones. He's making bad decisions and forcing the ball into traffic. Practice or not, that's not a good thing.

I'll say it again, NO offensive lineman has ever made me more afraid for Brady's safety and health than Marcus Cannon. He showed such promise very early on in his career. But he has been ABYSMAL the past two especially.

Canon is not great. But... He has also been forced to play with bad turf toe. Simply because there was no one else. Filling in is tough, but filling in while injured yourself is even worse.

Playing what should have been 16 for 22, is NOT DOGSHIT !

Playing what should have been 16 for 22, is NOT DOGSHIT !

His decision making in the last few practices has been, by all reports. Hopefully it looks better in the coming weeks.

Canon is not great. But... He has also been forced to play with bad turf toe. Simply because there was no one else. Filling in is tough, but filling in while injured yourself is even worse.
Respect. The turf toe was last season. He was awful in 2014. And to say "[He] is not great" implies he's even adequate, and I just don't see that either. It's now been two seasons of him being atrocious. I respect your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

He's had weeks now to get acclimated and is working with the ones. He's making bad decisions and forcing the ball into traffic. Practice or not, that's not a good thing.
And I understand that. But it's still practice and being booed in a practice setting is overdoing it. I'm surprised these things are even open to the public, though I'm still happy that they are. My bball coach would kick the bystanders to the curb every time they got too roudy. People have a right to an expectation in a game because they pay for those. Practice is free. Go home if you don't like what you see. The team hasn't even played a preseason game and I'll say again that this is their first competition against new guys. And as JM stated, it's not like Brady had been leaps and bounds better, even when he's gotten reps with the "ones." We see this one differently, Kontra.

The fans at camp are out of control. The other day I heard them cheer when Jimmy threw an interception. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST