PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Free Agent WRs - Who would you want the Pats to bring in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious everyone here keeps talking about VJAX, Bowe, Desean Jackson, Lloyd, Manningham

The guy we need to go get is Marques Colston. The End !

This is not a fantasy. It very well might happen, unless SP trys to pull the friend card with BB. WE simply do not have the money to pay Colston, Meachem, porter, etc.. after we deal with Brees and Nicks, and Nicks is going to be #1 on SP's agenda. Colston wants a big time deal, and he deserves it.
He's one of the toughest WR's I have ever watched and is definitely elite. In NE he would probably put up 1200-1500, he's that good, and it really doesn't matter if he's open or not. Plus Colston is immediate. He knows the game, and even as a rookie he played like a season vet, so the impact would be immediate, not like ocho. He knows exactly what to do, and a very serious player.
We are very aware of what Colston wants
Marques Colston wants a big contract to stay with the New Orleans Saints

I think under Brady he would even be better. Knowing Colstons work ethic Id say he's productive for 7 more years.

Colston is not a diamond in the ruff, he's complete and can give you the deep threat you need. There is no down side to him. He will not let you down, and will kill himself to make big plays. In 2 years it wouldn't surprise me at all to see many NE Colston jerseys. He's a home run player, works hard, and never says a bad word. But you have to be prepared to pay him. He deserves that much.
NE is one of the teams that can, and after we copied your system of coaching and development , Im sure the transitions would be easy for him.

and no we really don't want him to go. But better NE than some gad awful situation with big money, at least we will know he's happy there.

Last edited:
Would love to see V.Jackson, D.Bowe or M.Colston, but the price will be steep. The WR who would add a lot is S. Johnson, and he probably wouldn't cost as much as the top guys.

This is not a fantasy. It very well might happen, unless SP trys to pull the friend card with BB. WE simply do not have the money to pay Colston, Meachem, porter, etc.. after we deal with Brees and Nicks, and Nicks is going to be #1 on SP's agenda. Colston wants a big time deal, and he deserves it.
He's one of the toughest WR's I have ever watched and is definitely elite. In NE he would probably put up 1200-1500, he's that good, and it really doesn't matter if he's open or not. Plus Colston is immediate. He knows the game, and even as a rookie he played like a season vet, so the impact would be immediate, not like ocho. He knows exactly what to do, and a very serious player.

I think under Brady he would even be better. Knowing Colstons work ethic Id say he's productive for 7 more years.

Colston is not a diamond in the ruff, he's complete and can give you the deep threat you need. There is no down side to him. He will not let you down, and will kill himself to make big plays. In 2 years it wouldn't surprise me at all to see many NE Colston jerseys. He's a home run player, works hard, and never says a bad word. But you have to be prepared to pay him. He deserves that much.
NE is one of the teams that can, and after we copied your system of coaching and development , Im sure the transitions would be easy for him.

and no we really don't want him to go. But better NE than some gad awful situation with big money, at least we will know he's happy there.
IMO pherein, Colston is a legitimate A grade game changing receiver. I'm not sure anyone could see him as anything less than that.

pherein,

good summary. Yep, like in FA era means teams that draft well eventually pay the price. It just amazes me Colston is on nobody's radar...all you hear is VJAX, Bowe, Lloyd, blah blah blah, or primadonnas like MeShawn Jackson

If BB is serious, he has to make this move to take the pressure off the TE's, and take the pressure off Brady. Prime example was SB46 loss. With a hobbled Gronk, Gints took Hernandez and Welker basically out. Even if it means forking over $10mill for Colston, this has to be the primary target. In a sadistic way BB also knows NO has too many other FA to focus that no way they can pay Colston. Better to pay him the Dime than watching the misery of Stinko. Branch is done.

In the draft they then need to pick a physical receiver. NFL is now for sure a passing league given the # QB's that surpassed 4000 and 5000yards this year, and if BB is serious to make runs for the next 3-4 years window Brady has left, he has to roll the dice now.

Maybe Pats and Saints meet up in 47 next Feb in Superdome !!!!!!!

Last edited:
IMO pherein, Colston is a legitimate A grade game changing receiver. I'm not sure anyone could see him as anything less than that.

:) Well I wanted everyone to be very sure of what they would be getting, as a product. I think some NE fans are nervous about big signings, for good reason. But, If Colston signs with NE for a Big Deal, I don't want anyone to be nervous about it. He will produce and earn his money. I promise that.
your a pretty good authority on Colston and our WR's aus, having Colston in NE would be.. and I shutter to say... better than the moss years...collaboration and team wise. Its a very good fit.

were not getting colston.............

that would make me to happy so it wont happen....... :(

but god damn lloyd colston and welker...........they would destroy people

:) Well I wanted everyone to be very sure of what they would be getting, as a product. I think some NE fans are nervous about big signings, for good reason. But, If Colston signs with NE for a Big Deal, I don't want anyone to be nervous about it. He will produce and earn his money. I promise that.
your a pretty good authority on Colston and our WR's aus, having Colston in NE would be.. and I shutter to say... better than the moss years...collaboration and team wise. Its a very good fit.

Greetings,
I will say out of all of the top receivers that Colston is the most underrated of the bunch in my opinion. Being that the Saints do have a lot of weapons it could be nice to see him easily come to New England.

Celticboy04

I may be out of line pherein, but everytime I see the Saints Colston appears to be Brees' go to man in difficult spots, not Graham or Sproles. That's good enough for me.

FWIW, I think he'll stay with the Saints.

Last edited:
Unless something wacky happens (and it always does) I can't see Lloyd NOT following McDaniels here, and playing for a contender with a HOF QB. Seems like a no-brainer. The guy is legit.

Colston would be amazing, but I don't see it happening.

- Resign Welker for $7 mil per yr for 3 yrs

- Offer B. Lloyd $4 mil per yr for 3 yrs
or
Offer S. Johnson $6.5 mil per yr for 6 yrs

- draft a WR

- Offer D. Branch $1 mil for 1 yr. to be a backup

- Get rid of Ocho

Does anyone see the Pats as being cheap in this area? I fee like once they sign Welker..they will focus on the D which is understandable because it's a mess.

I see maybe 1 WR coming in..but not sure if it's a Wayne/Colston type of guy

pherein,

good summary. Yep, like in FA era means teams that draft well eventually pay the price. It just amazes me Colston is on nobody's radar...all you hear is VJAX, Bowe, Lloyd, blah blah blah, or primadonnas like MeShawn Jackson

If BB is serious, he has to make this move to take the pressure off the TE's, and take the pressure off Brady. Prime example was SB46 loss. With a hobbled Gronk, Gints took Hernandez and Welker basically out. Even if it means forking over $10mill for Colston, this has to be the primary target. In a sadistic way BB also knows NO has too many other FA to focus that no way they can pay Colston. Better to pay him the Dime than watching the misery of Stinko. Branch is done.

In the draft they then need to pick a physical receiver. NFL is now for sure a passing league given the # QB's that surpassed 4000 and 5000yards this year, and if BB is serious to make runs for the next 3-4 years window Brady has left, he has to roll the dice now.

Maybe Pats and Saints meet up in 47 next Feb in Superdome !!!!!!!

Nice of you to say. I know, but we are happy he isn't. Revis even has a colston jersey,lol. He's a special player. But I think it says a lot if BB doesn't go for him either. BB knows we can't beat a NE deal. Colston is done, a prime rib on the market, and a damn good person, not many of those. Most are divas.
I can only contemplate SP pleading to BB not to pay Colston, is the only reason why,lol. But , as much as people talk of the other WR's , I am no authority. I can only confirm , you will not be disappointed with Colston, he's a force, and special person. I think BB going for him will show a lot about what we wants. Because I fear other will.

were not getting colston.............

that would make me to happy so it wont happen....... :(

but god damn lloyd colston and welker...........they would destroy people

its 50/50, we can't pay him, and you can, so very possible, sadly.

Mike Wallace is a RFA....

I may be out of line pherein, but everytime I see the Saints Colston appears to be Brees' go to man in difficult spots, not Graham or Sproles. That's good enough for me.

FWIW, I think he'll stay with the Saints.

No, your right. Colston has always made those impossible catches. Brees trust
Moore #1
Colston #2

and you understand the moore thing, he's our welker, moore never drops a pass. But if Brees is being sacked or blitzed, 9 x out of 10 its Colston, without even looking for the throw. And Brees has complete confidence throwing a TD to Colston with 3 defenders covering him. Yes, Colston is our go to guy.

Resign WW....... I'll say it again because it's that crucial, resign Wes W.....

Colston and Lloyd..... We are all set!

Wanna really put the fear in all foes next year. Sign a big back that can pound out the 5 to 7 yards on average and the Pats are hitting on all cylinders....

Great plan. None of the deals is likely to be accepted. That would leave us with Edelman, Slater and a draftee.

- Resign Welker for $7 mil per yr for 3 yrs

- Offer B. Lloyd $4 mil per yr for 3 yrs
or
Offer S. Johnson $6.5 mil per yr for 6 yrs

- draft a WR

- Offer D. Branch $1 mil for 1 yr. to be a backup

- Get rid of Ocho

Resign WW....... I'll say it again because it's that crucial, resign Wes W.....

Colston and Lloyd..... We are all set!

Wanna really put the fear in all foes next year. Sign a big back that can pound out the 5 to 7 yards on average and the Pats are hitting on all cylinders....

Hey BB, stop trading away picks to next year and use all 4 picks in the first 2 rounds on defense! DL, OLB, S and best available athlete on D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back