PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Free Agent WRs - Who would you want the Pats to bring in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's resign Welker and then sign Colston and Lloyd. We'll see how many Pats haters are laughing then.
Where's the cap space coming from? In all honesty, I would love the Patriots to go after someone like Jared Allen. He's a game changing match winner who always brings it. An energy player like that on the Patriots Defense would be most welcomed.

I might be wrong on this and I am often wrong but I have a vivid memory of reading something or hearing something to the effect that BB and crew had VJax as the highest rated wr in the league a few years back. I actually hope I am wrong on that can anyone shot me straight?

Well, first off lets resign Welker. Then cut the cord on Ochostinko by cutting him. (What would we get for him in a trade??) Then resign Branch if the price is right. As for signing a guy in FA the most likely candidate would seem to be Brandon Lloyd, since he did say he was interested in joining where McDaniels went. But you never know if we went for a V-Jax, Colston, or even a lower market guy like Braylon Edwards (lets hope not though). And in the draft get a guy in the 2nd 3rd round range. (A guy that intrigues me is Marvin McNutt from Iowa) Oh, and also resign Slater because he's a stellar ST guy.

Why do we need wide receivers when we have Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Joey Galloway, Torry Holt, and Chad Ochocinco?

Oh...that's right. Maybe we should let someone other than BB be in charge of drafting/signing wide receivers.

Why do we need wide receivers when we have Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Joey Galloway, Torry Holt, and Chad Ochocinco?

Oh...that's right. Maybe we should let someone other than BB be in charge of drafting/signing wide receivers.

Nice solution genius, someone? who Polian? maybe you? You couldn't pic better than a Spergon Wynn looking at the 1 or 2 lines of bitter BS supplied in your posts.

Just more trash Mr. Positive.
http://gifsoup.com/

Last edited:
I'm on the Lloyd bandwagon. I think he's in the upper echelon in terms of raw talent but he's spent the majority of his career playing with mediocre QB's in mediocre offensive systems. This guy could absolutely be a beast in our offense.

Lloyd and his familiarity with our system is a big plus not to mention his game speed and hands are outstanding.

I know they won't bring him in because BB values the versatility from guys like Woodhead and Welker being able to return kicks. But i wouldn't mind seeing Ted Ginn Jr being brought in as a kick/punt returner and spot duty as a wr as well.

But i wouldn't mind seeing Ted Ginn Jr being brought in as a kick/punt returner and spot duty as a wr as well.
Thanks but no thanks, especially since the New England Patriots cut kick returner Brandon Tate for Chad Ochostinko.

Lloyd and his familiarity with our system is a big plus not to mention his game speed and hands are outstanding.

I know they won't bring him in because BB values the versatility from guys like Woodhead and Welker being able to return kicks. But i wouldn't mind seeing Ted Ginn Jr being brought in as a kick/punt returner and spot duty as a wr as well.

I agree with you, I want Lloyd so badly but I just can't see it happening. I didn't know Ginn was a FA, that would be so sweet if we could snag him. Dude can flat out FLY. In general however, with that much talent at WR in the free agent market couple with our draft picks, it will be an absolute disgrace if we can't bolster our wide outs this off-season. I have faith that BB and the boys will do just fine.

I know (A) they won't bring him in because (B) BB values the versatility from guys like Woodhead and Welker being able to return kicks. But i wouldn't mind seeing Ted Ginn Jr being brought in as a kick/punt returner and spot duty as a wr as well.

Huh? What does (A) have to do with (B)?

BB didn't ask Moss to take on any significant roles other than play WR (yeah, he occasionally played deep safety, but that's basically the same as playing WR).

Last edited:
So any one agree with this..... Lloyd and Royal or Robinson..... as realistic dream signings

Hillis and McDaniels have a negative history and Hillis has the makings of a diva...why would we ever want him here. I'd rather grab DeSean Jackson or Stevie Johnson, who are both bat**** crazy but can produce the deep speed.

Hillis would be great for the Pats. He put up great numbers 2 years ago with no passing offense for the Browns. Hillis was basically the Browns offense that year. I still remember how he burned the Pats that year with a long TD run to ice the game. I could only imagine what he could do in a great passing offense like the Patriots have.
He is also a great catcher in backfield.
Can push the pile on his own 2 or 3 yards.
He's a monster at the goal line.
Can block very well.
Still young.
It takes more than one guy to bring him down.

Hillis would be great for the Pats. He put up great numbers 2 years ago with no passing offense for the Browns. Hillis was basically the Browns offense that year. I still remember how he burned the Pats that year with a long TD run to ice the game. I could only imagine what he could do in a great passing offense like the Patriots have.
He is also a great catcher in backfield.
Can push the pile on his own 2 or 3 yards.
He's a monster at the goal line.
Can block very well.
Still young.
It takes more than one guy to bring him down.

didnt he fake being sick to not play bc of his contract or did I read an article wrong.

Hillis is overrated. He's living off the hype of exactly one game from last year. Unfortunately, that game was against the Patriots, so we all remember it. That one game is literally the difference between a 4.4 YPC in 2010 and a 4.1 YPC. And then there's all of the contract issues, the fumbling issues, and all that.

On topic, I like Lloyd. Lloyd, Welker, Branch, half of Edelman, and a rookie or two would make me happy.

give me Peyton Hillis and Jerome Simpson on offense and Rashean Mathis and Dashon Goldson on defense and i will be very happy

Hillis is overrated. He's living off the hype of exactly one game from last year. Unfortunately, that game was against the Patriots, so we all remember it. That one game is literally the difference between a 4.4 YPC in 2010 and a 4.1 YPC. And then there's all of the contract issues, the fumbling issues, and all that.

LOL what BS you write here. Maybe you should mention that he ran in the toughest division to run against in the NFL, where the other 3 teams all have top10 run defenses, with Bal and Pitt easily top5 run defense. And he still put great numbers.

Contract issues? Great for the Pats, that the Browns had contract issues with him. I'm sure Hillis would be glad to go from a completely sucky team to one of the contenders, to be in the spotlight, so his demands should not be too big.

AP also suffered from fumblitis early on, then he got better at securing the ball. I see no reason why Hillis should not improve here.

And the Pats badly need a powerback to take the heat off Brady, to help control the clock, to limit the time their average defence takes on the field.

Hillis and Patriots would be a match made in heaven.

So any one agree with this..... Lloyd and Royal or Robinson..... as realistic dream signings

Probably a long stretch, if Lloyd could come in at a reasonable price, we resign Welker, and we get Robinson somewhat cheap due to having 1 good year, hole smokes that would be awesome.

Is this too optimistic on price points? Welker at 7 million, Lloyd at 4 million, Robinson at 3 million? Cut Ocho/Branch immediately and boom, what a WR corps!

Last edited:
I know hes not a free agent but imagine what we would achieve if we could trade for Megatron.

Just throw a few picks to Detroit and we'd score in the 40's every week.

I know im dreaming but it would be unbelievable!!

Out of the FA's listed Lloyd seems like a no -brainer given that hes worked with McDaniels and thrived in the system.

Colston and Meachum would bo good additions, of course presuming that they could get the system!

No 1 priority though is to get Welker signed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back