PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

100% Health - Amendola or Edelman in the slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: 100% Health - Amendola or Edelman in the slot?

... Edelman and Amendola have not played with comparable QBs.

True, Amendola has also not spent a season playing nickle cornerback in order to help his team make it to the super bowl.

It never ceases to amaze me that people would use combine numbers as a basis for evaluating a pro player's career. Once a player has spent a couple of years in the NFL those numbers are as useless and meaningless as their high school SAT scores.

What are those NFL coaches and general managers thinking wasting their time at combines and pro days...

Considering how Edelman has stepped up in Amendola's absence, this is a very reasonable question. And whilst I instinctively think Amendola's is the better, Brady6 has used stats to support his case very well. Which is more than those who have ridiculed his original question have done.

"Na-na" *sticks fingers in ears* is not an intelligent response to a reasonable question.

Considering how Edelman has stepped up in Amendola's absence, this is a very reasonable question. And whilst I instinctively think Amendola's is the better, Brady6 has used stats to support his case very well. Which is more than those who have ridiculed his original question have done.

"Na-na" *sticks fingers in ears* is not an intelligent response to a reasonable question.
He did list stats.
I'm not sure however how you consider making half the catches in 52 games that the other game made in 42 is a supporting case.

That is pretty much exactly how I viewed your opinion.
I definitely disrespect that opinion. If you take that personally, I can't help it.

I did not offer an opinion I asked a question, hence the question mark at of the thread title. I offered a comparison of their athletic metrics and career stats to provide data to answer my question. I suggested a case could be made for Edelman and assumed that the $5M annually combined with being the incumbent starter implied a previously laid out case for Amendola.

Personally I finish my opinions with periods, sometimes explanation points, but never a question mark.

As far as your view on the question it is common human courtesy to offer a justification along with a negative response which is to serve to educate rather than just degrate. So unless you have terrets sydrom by way of a keyboard you can certainly help it. Andy do you truly believe that I have never scrolled past something you've written that I felt inclined to respond something like you've written in here? Because I can tell you I have but I did not respond to you as you have me, because I like you and respect what you offer in here whether in agreement or not, my fail was expecting a mutal level of respect and appreciation. There are no bonus points for making others look or feel bad Andy and to be honest it just takes away from you. Do what you want but don't lie and say you can't help, you choose not to help it.

He did list stats.
I'm not sure however how you consider making half the catches in 52 games that the other game made in 42 is a supporting case.

What??? :confused2:

It never ceases to amaze me that people would use combine numbers as a basis for evaluating a pro player's career. Once a player has spent a couple of years in the NFL those numbers are as useless and meaningless as their high school SAT scores.

Of course 40 times are useless if you can't catch or track a ball in the air but if a player is able to apply some of those combine measurables into NFL production I think they can be a useful tool for comparison.

He did list stats.

I'm not sure comparing the lone decent receiver on the
Rams and the understudy to Welker is a particularly good comparison. However, Brady6 did point out that on a per pass basis, Edelman was more productive than Amendola's. Admittedly that comparison doesn't necessarily work ideally either in that Edelman is catching passes from Brady, Amendola's was from Bradford.

All I'm saying is that considering Edelman's success in stepping into Amendola's void, it's not an unreasonable question. Perhaps "who provides the better value?" Might have worked better.

He did list stats.

Well he as half catches with less then half the targets, less opportunity doesn't make you less of a player.

Of course they will switch up every now and then, because really who here can imagine giving 100% of snap to Amendola?

No disrespect to a servicable player like Edelman but asking this question is like asking someone what do you want for dinner....

Tuna Fish with potato chips? or Lobster with a baked potato?

What are those NFL coaches and general managers thinking wasting their time at combines and pro days...

Yeah, I am sure they are scouring their 3 cone drills and benches after they have Been in the league for four years. "you know Bill he's only caught 6 passes in 4 years but his 3 cone was awesome in 2009...."

Yeah, I am sure they are scouring their 3 cone drills and benches after they have Been in the league for four years. "you know Bill he's only caught 6 passes in 4 years but his 3 cone was awesome in 2009...."

pwned.gif

It's coincidence that most skill position players BB signs have good 3 cones then?

My first thought is you have ignored that I also outlined career stats in the NFL, convient I guess.

My second thought is am I really taking the time to explain to fans of a professional sports team that the athletic ability of the professional athletes does matter.

I have to assume you don't think your doctor having a college degree matters either?

aarmindola is great receiver, but he is made of glass :mad:

Calvin Johnson is a great receiver, he had more receiving yards last season then Amendola has in his entire career. Welker needs 1 more touchdown this season to tie Amendola's career total.

Amendola is a good player when healthy but far from great.

He did list stats.

I think you may have chugged to much of the Amendola Koolaid this year, he considered marginally better and Greg Salas a year ago.

Calvin Johnson is a great receiver, he had more receiving yards last season then Amendola has in his entire career. Welker needs 1 more touchdown this season to tie Amendola's career total.

Amendola is a good player when healthy but far from great.

He is great buddy, you will see. He is on pats :rocker:

I think you may have chugged to much of the Amendola Koolaid this year, he considered marginally better and Greg Salas a year ago.

I think you haven't watched him play much. The guy is excellent...now if he can stop getting freak injuries that would be cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes