PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Days 2017

WaterfallJumper

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Let's kick this thing off!

2017 NFL Draft: Pro day schedule, by date

Davis is a really interesting guy from Georgia State. In terms of measurables alone, he compares pretty well with Julio Jones. Is he that kind of monster as a blocker, along with the polished routes and circus catches? Probably not. Is he worth a late round gamble? Maybe!

Georgia State’s Robert Davis draws Julio Jones comparisons at NF

Height: 6026
Weight: 220
40 Yrd Dash: 4.42
20 Yrd Dash: 2.54
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
225 Lb.Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 6.66

Height: 6026
Weight: 219
40 Yrd Dash: 4.44
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 41
Broad Jump: 11'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.28
3-Cone Drill: 6.82

Deangelo Yancey doing his best Zay Jones impression.

HT: 6'2
WT: 220
40: 4.46
10:
BP: 21
VJ: 36
BJ: 121
Shuttle: 4.26
3 cone: 6.84

He looks like Zay on tape, so this would be your bargain bin version for your 5th-7th round

Edited with official numbers

Last edited:
Oklahoma, Colorado, Temple, and Alabama today, among others. Should be a lot of info available for these schools.

Jumps and 40 times for the Oklahoma guys. Perine ran a 4.65 at the Combine, and a 4.62 at pro day, so we can probably accept the times as fairly accurate (his second run was 4.59 though, so scouts were kind on his home turf). Expected Mixon to jump better but run slower. Interesting.

Dakota Austin 9-4 29.0 4.80/4.83
Jarvis Baxter 10-1 35.0 4.58/4.56
Daniel Brooks 9-5 33.0 4.59/4.59
Jordan Evans 9-11 38.5 4.50/4.56
Geno Lewis 10-9 38.5 4.60/4,63
Joe Mixon 9-10 35.0 4.43
Samaje Perine - - 4.59/4.62
Austin Roberts 9-0 30.5 5.16/5.19
Ahmad Thomas 9-10 36.5 4.69/4.66
Jordan Wade 7-9 24.5 5.16/
Charles Walker - - -/-
Dede Westbrook 10-0 34.5 4.38/4.34
Hatari Byrd* 10-2 35.0 4.78/
Chika Madu* 9-10 35.0 4.55/
Casey Walker* - - -/-
Dominique Whaley* 10-4 36.5 4.60/

Deangelo Yancey doing his best Zay Jones impression.

HT: 6'2
WT: 220
40: 4.46
10:
BP: 21
VJ: 36
BJ: 121
Shuttle: 4.26
3 cone: 6.84

He looks like Zay on tape, so this would be your bargain bin version for your 5th-7th round

Edited with official numbers

Brandt had a 4.58 and 4.53 for Yancey. Pro day numbers are always so hard to nail down. Still, I like Yancey pretty well on tape. Looks like a nice player.

Purdue pro day: 25 teams show up for star-lacking workouts

Great picture .. since there's a real chance we'll see it again in a few months in Foxboro..
(its Tomlinson btw)

EDIT: ditto!

Last edited:
my UDFA binky and his pro day:

At Pro Day, Alabama WR Gehrig Dieter reminds NFL of player he once was

ran the 40-yard dash in 4.58 seconds

does this sound good or what?

"Special teams and blocking," he said. "I kind of did that here at Bama. It was more special teams and blocking than getting catches. That's OK with me. Whatever helps the team win.

"I am a great team player," he continued. "You can put me anywhere and I will give my best effort and perform."

WANT, on our practice squad at least

Last edited:
Great picture .. since there's a real chance we'll see it again in a few months in Foxboro..
(its Tomlinson btw)
I hope not.
We have more pressing needs in the top 100 than a run-plugger.

I hope not.
We have more pressing needs in the top 100 than a run-plugger.

To be fair, he's very good at stopping the run, and for some reason he's not as highly rated as the Alabama linemen were last year. I think he's better than either of the guys who were in the 2016 draft (both went in the 2nd round). He might go in the 3rd, and still be a long term starter. I'm not saying that NT is high up on my list, but he's a good football player at least, with a clear strength and role on a team.

Give me some pass rushers and DBs early, though. :)

Pro Day March 8: AM Report | Draft Analyst

Cover guy to keep an eye on later in the draft:

Linebacker Jordan Evans won’t receive the headlines of Mixon or Westbrook, but one can argue he improved his draft stock more than anyone else.

Evans, who entered the season graded by scouts as a street free agent with 4.8 speed, timed in the low-to-mid 4.5s in the 40, 7.03s in the three cone and 4.28s in the short shuttle

He also touched 38.5 inches during the vertical jump. His vertical jump bettered any linebacker mark at the combine.

Evans looked terrific in position drills. He was quick-footed in cover drills, flipped his hips with ease and got great depth. Presently graded as a free agent by just about everyone, there are several teams who now stamp Evans as a fifth or sixth-rounder.

Deedee westbrook will be a bargain in the later rounds. You can put him in the slot or on the outside. Hope the pats look at him.

Any idea if ryan anderson ran the 40 time again on pro day?

Deedee westbrook will be a bargain in the later rounds. You can put him in the slot or on the outside. Hope the pats look at him.

If people have concerns about Mixon, then there's no way they could consider Westbrook. The guy is a headcase.

If people have concerns about Mixon, then there's no way they could consider Westbrook. The guy is a headcase.

Maybe so but that guy's very talented. All he has done is produced in college. He will be a steal.

Maybe so but that guy's very talented. All he has done is produced in college. He will be a steal.

Plenty of people are talented. Westbrook already has multiple children out of wedlock in his teens, and multiple assault and domestic violence arrests, including for biting and punching his children's mother. Breaking and entering. Not paying child support. Considered lazy in the classroom by former coaches. The list goes on. No thank you.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back