PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

100% Health - Amendola or Edelman in the slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: 100% Health - Amendola or Edelman in the slot?

I just read the first few and the last few pages of that thread, and it is nothing close to what you describe. I didn't see even a single comment expecting him to even start a game.
I think you are on tilt now and just making things up. Sad.

I call BS.. Either that or you need to put on your glasses and read it again.

Break it down then Andy, what makes Amendola a superior player?
He runs better routes. He gets open more readily and more often. He has better hands. He beats a jam better. He finds the hole in the zone better.

No I am saying if you go around making such bold and sure of yourself statements I would expect you to be right a lot more often, the way you deliver your opinion leaves zero room for error so when your wrong it looks pretty foolish.
Clearly I am right more that you realize. If you feel I'm wrong, it boosts my confidence in my opinion.
I'm not sure how your opinions are sweet and rosy, and mine are bold. My opinion leaves the same room for error as anyone elses. Some of my opinions are made with a lot of certainty and others are made without as much confidence. That is because some I feel strongly about and others I do not.

I expect that you offer a justification for why you expect it not just some one liner with no merit to support the opinion, and go back read some of your posts,
Its funny, because when there is an actual argument to be had, I post more detail in justification of my point that virtually anyone on this board. When it is blatantly obvious why would I bother.

Dennard, Talib, Ninkovich you consistently provided this bold and confident answers that lack context, justification or anything to validate your opinion.
Yeah, you made that one up.
I don't recall posting opinion on Dennard hardly at all, if at all, and certainly not an unsubstanitated one, because my mind is not made up on him at all.
Talib? The only real discussion I had on him was an extremely detailed one about how his impact last season was very overrated. It was bouyed with stats, comparisons and analysis, in fact, refuting the 'we got better when he got here' argument.
Ninkovich. You must be kidding here. I probably have one of the lowest opinions of him on this board (not because I think he sucks but because those that are vocal overrate him IMO) and I have posted volumes about why I feel differently than the consensus.
That sentence by you was an epic fail.

So if your going to disagree with someone or something at least explain why because you are not right enough that you opinion on its own without any explanation hold merit. I am not insulting you either I don't think my opinion holds merit without explanation either which is why I explain myself.
Sorry, but I don't think disagreeing with such a silly notion needs explanation.

Either way I'm not fighting with you about nothing anymore, like I said I hold you in high regard and respect you despite my finding you to be overly aggressive at times, so let's just agree to disagree here and move on.

Whatever, you just need to stop this persecution complex and act like your feelings are affected by someone on a message board thinking your viewpoint stinks.

I call BS.. Either that or you need to put on your glasses and read it again.

I read it, like I said the first few and last few pages anyway, and you are 100% wrong. Feel free to cite examples. Remember your standard is that people said he was as good as the guy we just signed to a 6year 30 million dollar contract, not that someone said, he caught a lot of passes in a few games and could maybe help us.

How do you get open when your not on the field Andy? Wes Welker was in front of Edelman so he was not on the field, go look at how many offensive snaps they played in their first 4 season, Amendola played more then 6 times as many snaps then Edelman on offense, don't tell me about getting open and don't tell act like you have a better understanding of football because you don't on this, you've ignore so many facts in order to support you bias its borderline insanity.

Please show me where Amendola played more than 6 times as many snaps. You made that up to.

My bias? You just tried to give Edelman credit for catching passes that he didn't because they should have thrown to him more, so lets just pretend they did.:rolleyes:

He runs better routes. He gets open more readily and more often. He has better hands. He beats a jam better. He finds the hole in the zone better.

Clearly I am right more that you realize. If you feel I'm wrong, it boosts my confidence in my opinion.
I'm not sure how your opinions are sweet and rosy, and mine are bold. My opinion leaves the same room for error as anyone elses. Some of my opinions are made with a lot of certainty and others are made without as much confidence. That is because some I feel strongly about and others I do not.

Its funny, because when there is an actual argument to be had, I post more detail in justification of my point that virtually anyone on this board. When it is blatantly obvious why would I bother.

Yeah, you made that one up.
I don't recall posting opinion on Dennard hardly at all, if at all, and certainly not an unsubstanitated one, because my mind is not made up on him at all.
Talib? The only real discussion I had on him was an extremely detailed one about how his impact last season was very overrated. It was bouyed with stats, comparisons and analysis, in fact, refuting the 'we got better when he got here' argument.
Ninkovich. You must be kidding here. I probably have one of the lowest opinions of him on this board (not because I think he sucks but because those that are vocal overrate him IMO) and I have posted volumes about why I feel differently than the consensus.
That sentence by you was an epic fail.

Sorry, but I don't think disagreeing with such a silly notion needs explanation.

Whatever, you just need to stop this persecution complex and act like your feelings are affected by someone on a message board thinking your viewpoint stinks.

Your opinion stinks Andy point, blank, period because it offers nothing to support it, you'd be a ****ty lawyer I can tell you that much. Clearly your not right all the time so don't make stupid statements that leave no room for error, Amendola average under 9 yards per catch, the guy he was signed to replace needs 1 touchdown this season to tie Amendola's career total, he has played in less than half his games over the last 2+ seasons and your sitting here suggesting my questioning if the player currently tied for the league lead in receptions should be starting in the slot over him is a dumb question to you, are you drunk? Football players play football Andy and Amendola doesn't play very much football he spends most of his time inactive so you calling him a better football players is just dumb.

Hernandez is still a top 5 tight end in the NFL based on how you judge players, so what if he isn't on the field right now he was a better route runner and beat the jam well. :lol:

Please show me where Amendola played more than 6 times as many snaps. You made that up to.

My bias? You just tried to give Edelman credit for catching passes that he didn't because they should have thrown to him more, so lets just pretend they did.:rolleyes:

Go to Google, type in St Louis offensive snap counts by player for each year, add them together, then do the same thing for the Patriots, then divide Amendola's total by Edelman's total and you will see that I did not make anything up.

I'm trying to say what Amendola did last year means jack crap, I'm am talking about 2013.

I said last year and if you go back through this thread you will see that what I said is in fact true, when Salas arrived via trade last season people were talking him up and saying he was almost as good as Amendola, some compared him to Boldin even. This year Amendola is being labeled as GREAT. Ping pong around.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...939981-patriots-trade-rams-wr-greg-salas.html

This forum was ready to send Zach Sudfeld to the Hall of Fame last month. We're not a reliable source for this sort of stuff.

Your opinion stinks Andy point, blank, period because it offers nothing to support it, you'd be a ****ty lawyer I can tell you that much. Clearly your not right all the time so don't make stupid statements that leave no room for error, Amendola average under 9 yards per catch, the guy he was signed to replace needs 1 touchdown this season to tie Amendola's career total, he has played in less than half his games over the last 2+ seasons and your sitting here suggesting my questioning if the player currently tied for the league lead in receptions should be starting in the slot over him is a dumb question to you, are you drunk? Football players play football Andy and Amendola doesn't play very much football he spends most of his time inactive so you calling him a better football players is just dumb.
Relax bro its only a message board. You are gonna blow an anuerism.
So your response to me telling you what Amendola does better than Edelman in a discussion about who should play when both are healthy is to cite Amendolas injuries, when Edelman is equally injury prone, and bring up Welkers stats in Denver?
You are all over the page.
Why are you demeaning Amendolas ypc average and career TDs in one breath and saying you don't care about other years in the next?

Hernandez is still a top 5 tight end in the NFL based on how you judge players, so what if he isn't on the field right now he was a better route runner and beat the jam well. :lol:
Yeah, I said that didn't I?:rolleyes:
YOU TITLED THE THREAD 100% HEALTH.

Go to Google, type in St Louis offensive snap counts by player for each year, add them together, then do the same thing for the Patriots, then divide Amendola's total by Edelman's total and you will see that I did not make anything up.

I'm trying to say what Amendola did last year means jack crap, I'm am talking about 2013.

I'm not going to do your work for you to prove you made it up. Sorry, no sale.

Here is my assessment of both athletes. Danny Amendola when healthy is a phenomenal player and does everything exceptionally well both in the slot and outside. People need to understand that he is a great player all around and not just one area. Julian Edelman is an excellent talent as well that the only knock on him had been his health. But they both understand coverage, leverage, how to read defenses and are both Lightning quick in their routes and cuts and super explosive so i would take both

Actually I don’t have a bias for Edelman at all, scroll back to some preseason threads and I was someone who argued against him being a roster lock, you need to stop manipulating the posts in here to fit the scripted needed to make your posts sound accurate. You use 33.3% of an actuality and leave out 66.7% and then present your argument as if the 66.7% doesn’t exist – is this Ron Borges undercover?!

I'm not going to do your work for you to prove you made it up. Sorry, no sale.

I did not make anything up Andy, let me tell you something I spent 10 years overseas fighting real wars and killing real men, so if you truly believe that I have the desire to fight with another grown man in a message board you’re out of your mind. I am done going back in forth I have don’t fight for fun I fight to kill that’s what they train soldiers to do, so when I come into this forum I am looking to correspond with others for enjoyment, this is not enjoyable for me it is ridiculous so you know what you can have the win, you’re the smarter football fan – I will be happy with the being the bigger man and taking the high road award. Have a good night.

Here is my assessment of both athletes. Danny Amendola when healthy is a phenomenal player and does everything exceptionally well both in the slot and outside. People need to understand that he is a great player all around and not just one area. Julian Edelman is an excellent talent as well that the only knock on him had been his health. But they both understand coverage, leverage, how to read defenses and are both Lightning quick in their routes and cuts and super explosive so i would take both

He really isn’t or at least he has never proven that, phenomenal receivers don’t have career highs of 689 yards and 3 touchdowns for a season, Amendola through 4+ seasons has only proven he can lead a team in games missed point, blank, period. We can twist the facts or hide from the reality all we want but it doesn’t change anything at the end of the day. Rob Gronkowski is a phenomenal player he played in 10 games last season he had 790 yards and 11 touchdowns, those 11 touchdowns are 4 more than Amendola has scored in his entire career. All this hype for Amendola needs to stop, he has been a complete and utter disappointment in his time here all he has done is confirm that he is not durable and incapable of staying on the football field, if he doesn’t get on the field tomorrow and remain out there the rest of the season I would not be surprised to see him leave town on the same express train as Brandon Lloyd last season, we’re not going to pay $5 mil a year of a player that dresses 20% - 30% of the time.

I was not making fun of the military, I was making fun of the guy who decided to post on a football message board about killing people.
I have a feeling most military veterans would be more offended by his post than my finding it immature and inappropriate, maybe not.
How about refraining from making any comment as such Andy? It's both classless and denigrates the very high standard that Patsfans sets for discussion.

The mods allow you liberties not extended to many posters here. You should thank your lucky stars you haven't been banned yet because your conduct, in my opinion, is unbecoming of this board. We've had our run ins and I accept my part in them, but this is simply too far. Brady6 needs to chill out but this is more than one rodeo for you.

Under no circumstance do you ever make fun of a single veteran or current servicemen or servicewoman from any allied nation. Ever.

I was not making fun of the military, I was making fun of the guy who decided to post on a football message board about killing people.
I have a feeling most military veterans would be more offended by his post than my finding it immature and inappropriate, maybe not.

I agree. Why in an online discussion do you bring up the fact about killing real men? On a sports forum? Seems tacky and on the borderline of needing help if it gets you this worked up

Never said I was a tough guy and I never threaten any violence certainly not shooting someone.
Then why post about killing people?

The way I post, I have more likes on here over the last two months then you accumlate in a year and your the only person I have ever had longer than a 2 post back and forth with in here, while you on the other hand are one of the most disliked posters on this board and constantly in some type of confrontation with someone, I can believe you even come in here because you get along with nobody so I can't see how it is even fun for you.
You are the one making personal attacks. I do not do that, except in response to personal attacks. There was never any reason for you to bring it down to that level.
You told me earlier you enjoyed my posts, not I am the most disliked?
I told you earlier you can post your way, and I will post mine. You must have missed that one, but your advice is not needed or wanted.

The Hoo-ra comment is cute though, where were you when 9-11 happen funny man?
No matter where I was I wouldn't type into a disagreement about football that I killed people.

Embarrassment to this country is what you are,
I'm an embarrassment to my country because I disagree with you on Julian Edelman and you get so worked up about it you post about killing men, and I find that so bizarre I laugh about it? Really?

don't talk to me or quote my posts ever again your a pathetic bum with zero respect or appreciation for anything
What is it that I am supposed to be respecting that I dont? Your football opinion? Or is it that I laughed because you talked about killing men in a football discussion?

you actually make me want to throw up, I have never seen a more vile or disgusting poster, your Hernandez level scum in my mind. Punk
Wow. You need help.

How about refraining from making any comment as such Andy? It's both classless and denigrates the very high standard that Patsfans sets for discussion.

The mods allow you liberties not extended to many posters here. You should thank your lucky stars you haven't been banned yet because your conduct, in my opinion, is unbecoming of this board. We've had our run ins and I accept my part in them, but this is simply too far. Brady6 needs to chill out but this is more than one rodeo for you.

Under no circumstance do you ever make fun of a single veteran or current servicemen or servicewoman from any allied nation. Ever.

I disagree. The fact that he claims to have been in the military does not give him license to say whatever he wants without ridicule.
It was totally inappropriate to say I don't want to argue with you because I kill people.

I said I was not going to fight with another guy on a message board because I have fought enough wars in my life, you have a big mouth you cause problems and honestly I'm not sure why your permitted to be a member on this board I would bet if this site was polled who should be banned you'd easily lead the pack. I only assume Ian and mod's feel badly for you and you clear lack of social skills so they allow you a pass, eventually that pass will run out and I will and most others will smile when we see banned under your name.

Until then this will be the last time I quote one of your posts, you and I do not need to speak ever again starting now so have a great night and a great life.

I said I was not going to fight with another guy on a message board because I have fought enough wars in my life, you have a big mouth you cause problems and honestly I'm not sure why your permitted to be a member on this board I would bet if this site was polled who should be banned you'd easily lead the pack. I only assume Ian and mod's feel badly for you and you clear lack of social skills so they allow you a pass, eventually that pass will run out and I will and most others will smile when we see banned under your name.

Until then this will be the last time I quote one of your posts, you and I do not need to speak ever again starting now so have a great night and a great life.

When do you actually stop responding like you have said over and over or do you just want to continue the personal attacks?
Just please don't kill me, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back