PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 reasons TFB will be the best QB ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From the Bleacher Report, you'll have to click on the link and then click on the slide show.

Tom Brady: 10 Reasons He Will Be Remembered As the Best QB Ever | Bleacher Report

Certainly TFB will be remembered as one of the greatest of all time even if he stops playing today. I'm really not into picking the "1 best ever" thing* but I thought it would of interest to post this.

* I am into saying my NE Patriots were the "team of the decade".

Needs no further justification IMO.

I know folks are down on him because of his last 3 playoff games but IMO he didn't turn into a crappy playoff QB overnight.

He needs a defense because there is no such thing as a prolific offense being prolific 100% of the time.

Good read. Brady will always be the best to me no matter what.

Nobody else on the list was flawless. They each had their moments and their down years. We nitpick Brady because we're living with him in the moment. Others nitpick him because they wish they were... When all is said and done he has a shot at GOAT when history reflects on how much he accomplished comparatively and how consistently he accomplished it and both the era in which he accomplished it and his varying surrounding casts, few of whom will ever enter Canton without a ticket...including even those who formed this teams championship defenses. And while Brady had Belichick, most of the other greats didn't have chopped liver coaching them and many had HOF coaches. He likely won't break any of Brett's cumulative records because he's not a selfish prick who can do nothing beyond throw a ball and drive a tractor... Manning may end up with some of those anyway, but between them the rings will always be the things. I think the next time the media selects it's top 100 NFL players of all time, Tommy will be inside the top ten and Peyton may be on the outside looking in...

Brady's in the discussion to be the greatest of all time, but he's got some work to do to catch Montana in many people's eyes. Brady has been poor his last three playoff games, but Montana also had a terrible stretch of playoff games in his career - after winning two super bowls in his first three playoff runs - Montana lost three playoff games in a row with bad games - ratings of 65, 34, and 42. But, he bounced back and won two more super bowls.
Brady needs one more super bowl to be considered in the same breath as Montana....
The clock's ticking on Brady and he certainly has a tougher partity-driven league to deal with than Montana had...I hope he can lead the Pats to another title...

An interesting side note in there I hadn't remembered: In his two MVP seasons he had 49/50 votes in 2007 and 50/50 in 2010, for the most overwhelming MVP votes in history.

Making one wonder, who voted for Fahvra in 2007?

IMHO, if brady was more athletic naturally and more mobile, he would be the GOAT qb hands down. Too bad he is not..

IMHO, if brady was more athletic naturally and more mobile, he would be the GOAT qb hands down. Too bad he is not..

He doesn't need to be though. Sure it helps sometimes but he has the best pocket presence I have ever seen for a QB that it makes up for his lack of athletic ability.

He doesn't need to be though. Sure it helps sometimes but he has the best pocket presence I have ever seen for a QB that it makes up for his lack of athletic ability.

hmm, didnt seem like that against the jets.

Anyhow, thats one game, and TFB has had a great career.

I just want the pats/brady to win one more superbowl.

People said the same thing about Bledsoe. "If only he was more mobile"...Right. Like that would have made a difference.

The Tom Brady "Greatest of All Time" ship ran aground in SB 42 and has been taking on water ever since. Here are the facts;

1) Tom Brady never put the ball into the end zone to win a SB. Even Big Ben did it once.

2) If it were not for Adam Vinatieri, Tom would have "0" SB rings. Adam has won a SB without Tom but too bad Tom can't say the same thing about Adam.

3) Tom is an average come from behind QB. Anytime the Pats fall behind by more than 11 points it's time to turn the TV off.

Tom is a terrific QB. "Greatest of All Time" is SILLY talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back