PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

‘Character coach’ Jack Easterby is leaving the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no crying in football!
giphy.gif

few thoughts:
- obviously the team (players and coaches) liked him and he contributed in tough moments
- the grass is always greener on the other side...or so you think. maybe he wants a reclamation project or maybe he just thinks he will find a better 'morale' fit given whats happened in NE. i doubt it....leadership and character starts at the top, and BB holds the team accountable, character first. i dont see him finding a unified no bs approach like that else where. sure there are super strong morally strong coaches around league, but its take whole organization structure to play along.
- maybe with everything going on, this can send a new signal to the leaders of the team that they are perceived as the bad guys. i feel good about our motivation when we are slighted

Pats wanted Jack to give the team a volume discount.
If that’s the case, someone in the organization should have called him a jagoff so Kraft could approach him and ask what his number is.

Report: Patriots ‘Character Coach’ Jack Easterby Leaving Team

That’s too bad. A lot of the players liked him. The Kraft incident has caused him to look for work elsewhere.
The report also notes that the prostitution charges against Robert Kraft in the past week impacted Easterby’s decision to pursue other opportunities.

“Easterby felt his time with the team had run its course, and the Kraft situation does not sit well with him, according to league sources,” the report stated.

Though Easterby didn’t coach the X’s and O’s with Patriots players, he was a revered member of the staff.

Easterby also served as the team chaplain, leading Bible study sessions. The Globe report said that Easterby “became a part of Belichick’s inner circle and one of the most important executives in the building, on a par with director of player personnel Nick Caserio.”

It's challenging ignoring another poster. Maybe posters shouldn't put themselves in the position to be ignored. Might make for a better forum.

Or, just a thought, knowing things will be less annoying but unfortunately make even less sense maybe members should give more consideration to how comfortable they are with using the ignore feature. In addition any member that does exercise the option might be better served not to announce it, thus denying the satisfaction some douche's draw from knowing they were able to get that far under someone else's skin.

Awful lotta dot connecting going on in this thread...

Somehow I doubt that this guy just made a big life decision within a week of this news coming out. This is typically something reasonable people take time to consider. I have to believe he's been thinking of leaving for a while now.

He left because of Kraft. Probably won’t apply to work for Irsay either.

I remember when we had this guy, just wasn't the same...

Not sure what his stance was. He never came out and publicly claimed he was leaving because of Kraft. At least I havent read anything like that.

His contract expired and he may have been looking for a change of scenery or more money.

If he left over Kraft then it’s a bad look imo. If you are a character coach I would assume you shouldn’t leave when adversity hits. You work to fix what’s wrong. I don’t know, not that big of a deal, there are so many good ones out there, it’s not like he can’t be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes