PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zeus Hightower...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRazorsEdge

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to shine some of the spotlight on big ol' Donta Hightower. For the second year in a row he's dealing with a painful injury deep in the playoffs but shrugging it off and putting in serious work.

When he went down vs. Denver , our defense went with him. I've come to admire his work ethic and dedication to the team around him. He doesn't tack on 'sexy' stats but he goes in guns a blazing to do the dirty work. He and Collins are some of Belichicks finest work. Here's to a big game Sunday!

A player worthy of wearing #54 for us on Sundays...

The middle of the pile is going to be a dangerous place when Denver has the ball Sunday.

Definitely priority #1 for an extension in my opinion.
In agreement brother. He was thrusted into becoming the the alpha male in the middle of this defense with mayo going out back to back seasons. Forcing him into the fire has paid off tremendously. His IQ and Awareness are way beyond his years. He embodies alot of what the players had back in our early 2000 teams. He's going to be a hero here for awhile.

In agreement brother. He was thrusted into becoming the the alpha male in the middle of this defense with mayo going out back to back seasons. Forcing him into the fire has paid off tremendously. His IQ and Awareness are way beyond his years. He embodies alot of what the players had back in our early 2000 teams. He's going to be a hero here for awhile.
He's the most important guy on this defense IMHO. What you said above about being like the dudes from the 2000's- I've been saying that for 2 years. He's one of my all time favorite Pats- and I go back to the 60's. Its funny, if I'm making a list of my all time favorite Pats- the current team is heavily represented.

He's the most important guy on this defense IMHO. What you said above about being like the dudes from the 2000's- I've been saying that for 2 years. He's one of my all time favorite Pats- and I go back to the 60's. Its funny, if I'm making a list of my all time favorite Pats- the current team is heavily represented.
It is nice to know some of the guys who have been around the team for that long appreciate a player like him. He's simply awesome.

It is nice to know some of the guys who have been around the team for that long appreciate a player like him. He's simply awesome.
Hell, you'd have to be a poor excuse for a football fan not to appreciate what he does. Does everything well and may be the most unselfish player on the team _- and that is obviously saying a lot. Tough as nails. Theres something magic about the '14 and '15 teams- same as the 01-04 teams. These guys are every bit as mentally and physically tough as those earlier teams. BB has let slip subtle things that lead me to believe the 14-15 squad is his favorite.

Always under the radar. Butlers play became famous but wouldn't have happened if Hightower didn't stop beast mode the play before. That play was just as important but never talked about.

I remember when I was nervous he might be a bust. I probably was not the only one. He really grew up a lot when mayo went out in 2013

I remember when I was nervous he might be a bust. I probably was not the only one. He really grew up a lot when mayo went out in 2013
I was never in that camp. Always thought he'd continually improve. But I agree with you 100% that after losing mayo in 2013- his growth just skyrocketed.

He needs to be healthy for this game and the next if we want a chance to win it all.

Hightower is a beast.

Rocks the run...

Punishes the pass...

Can sack the QB...

He's like a...

image.jpg

Patriot transformer.

Can someone explain his injury? Is it a strained mcl?

Definitely priority #1 for an extension in my opinion.
Agree. I believe this defense revolves around him. Not to diminish Collins in any way, I just think Hightower is better at more things
I have also been impressed with his play since the beginning of last year. I think Collins has more highlight reel material and steals the spotlight to a certain degree but there is no question who id rather have and I fully expect High to be extended first. I've not seen a guy that can cover more ground and still lay the wood like he can. He's so fluid running, just an amazing athlete. Here's to watching him blitz manning up the middle Sunday. Cheers.

Flemming and Watson were serviceable and I was impressed to an extent. Having said that, I hope they return to cheering and STing asap.

When he went out in the denver game....they ran it all over us..with him in..what a difference. SO important to this D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes