PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Cunningham Tread

sure... but based on his remaining money, there is no way he gets to us on the waiver wire

His vaccination status is going to hurt him given the number of cases we're seeing around the league. He is un-vaccinated, which means even a close contact boots him off the team for 10 days, regardless of if he tests positive or negative (and it already happened to him in October). He's also subject to daily COVID tests, which he recently skipped in Houston, which is probably why they waived him in the first place.

Also remember that a COVID outbreak of un-vaccinated players can result in a forfeit this year. Do the Patriots want to add another one to their roster?

200.gif

His vaccination status is not going to hurt him. Jesus, his ability to play well is going to hurt him.

Sounds like he's basically another Bentley type?

Interesting, but probably not. The team is thick at LB and why fix what's working?

He might be a target in the off-season as a FA.

Sounds like he's basically another Bentley type?
Less stout, more sideline-to-sideline. I don’t think there’s really any recent Patriots to compare him to other than a smaller Mayo. For the most part, they’ve skipped over the 230 pound range entirely and used safeties in the box to complement their big linebackers.

Less stout, more sideline-to-sideline. I don’t think there’s really any recent Patriots to compare him to other than a smaller Mayo. For the most part, they’ve skipped over the 230 pound range entirely and used safeties in the box to complement their big linebackers.
McGrone says hi, or he will next year, I hope!

Cunningham I'm guessing Chargers, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks, Rams, BUCS, Cards

His vaccination status is not going to hurt him. Jesus, his ability to play well is going to hurt him.

What are you talking about? Un-vaccinated players have to get tested daily and he skipped it. They cut him the next day. His vaccination status just got him cut.

Plus, with the rules requiring un-vaccinated players to stay out of the team facility for 10 days after close contact with a COVID-positive person added to the fact that that the Patriots have players on the COVID list now, means they could sign him, bring him to team meeting, find out the next day that someone in that meeting had COVID, and he's out for 10 days.

Kinda hard to bring someone in for the last 24 days of the season when a sniffle could kick them off the team for 10 of those days.

We’re not so deep at LB that we can just not even consider him. We know HT may be done after this year and Bentley as well is a FA. BB loved him at draft process. Maybe some are right that we go after him in offseason but if we have cap space and if he’ll sign for one year for now then I’m in. Also not worried about COVID status. He wanted out of Houston so he did all he could to get out. Also funny to read he’s a sideline guy when he played in a 3-4 and he’s a small Mayo. Dude is 6’3 240. A tackling machine and BB loves guys who can tackle.

Let’s hear from ChubbyBrownBear from the r/Texans: 7CDD6F88-F016-4C96-8CEF-677A814D2F17.jpeg

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? Pass.

Last edited:
I think LB has become a strength of this team (High, Van Noy, Bentley, Uche, Collins) don't see any room for another body.

We’re not so deep at LB that we can just not even consider him. We know HT may be done after this year and Bentley as well is a FA. BB loved him at draft process. Maybe some are right that we go after him in offseason but if we have cap space and if he’ll sign for one year for now then I’m in. Also not worried about COVID status. He wanted out of Houston so he did all he could to get out. Also funny to read he’s a sideline guy when he played in a 3-4 and he’s a small Mayo. Dude is 6’3 240. A tackling machine and BB loves guys who can tackle.
I believe he forced his way out of town probably because he is sick of the losing and wans a chance to play some meaningful games down the stretch.
He has a skill that is lacking on the Patriots, which is he is a good coverage LB. Granted the Pats are deep at LB this year, but it only takes one injury for that to change.
For $900k i would put a claim in, but I doubt he even makes it to the Pats before he is claimed.

So somebody in the media has fourth-hand info that Belichick was supposedly high on the guy coming out of college. Sign the beast!
  • costs more than he contributes
  • late to meetings
  • won't meet standard protocols
  • misses practices
  • no other team would give up even a 7th round pick for him
  • physique matches a high ceiling red shirt rookie who has spent the year learning to play the defense and will be very inexpensive for the next few years if he works out

I believe he forced his way out of town probably because he is sick of the losing and wans a chance to play some meaningful games down the stretch.
He has a skill that is lacking on the Patriots, which is he is a good coverage LB. Granted the Pats are deep at LB this year, but it only takes one injury for that to change.
For $900k i would put a claim in, but I doubt he even makes it to the Pats before he is claimed.
Like I said earlier: if he wants a prove-it deal where he can try to straighten out NEXT YEAR, I know a team that has a good track record with getting such players straightened out.

Skipping a Covid test means he could be sick beyond not liking losing. But skipping a league mandated test is a losing move in its own right.

He forced his way out of town when that town had no desire to keep him.

I see no reason the Pats should be interested in picking him up now. Maybe bring him to training camp to see if he’ll toe the line and cut the mustard, but I’m not liking the odds on either of those. Certainly don’t like them enough to risk disrupting a team on a roll right now.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back