PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

YouTube Officially Rolls Out Sunday Ticket for 2023

As a Canadian I am always jealous of how things are much cheaper in US relative to here except for Sports.

You guys really get hosed. I pay $200CAD a year for DAZN which includes entire season + first 2 rounds of the playoffs + NFL Network. The membership also includes a bunch of soccer leagues and Champions League and other stuff I never watch (boxing, women tennis, MMA).

Last edited:
Isn’t $350 a pretty decent price for not needing any subscription? Iirc it used to cost $300 while getting bent over monthly by directv…

Red Zone now only on YouTube?

It is interesting to see this captured. As a person who has worked with computer networks since the mid 80s, I don't see a technological reason why there is delays on the order of tens of seconds. Maybe ad insertion happening multiple times? A satellite hop was adding around 0.6 seconds up and down. It's something I did measure back in the 80s.

Regardless, this probably will frustrate a lot of people. I noticed this in our GDT. As an OTA viewer, I saw stuff much earlier than others did.

Red Zone now only on YouTube?
It's not 100% clear to me but I think it will be on YT *and* the other places it has been offered in the past.

What has been communicated is that the "DirectTV" version of RedZone with Andrew Siciliano is no longer going to be offered, it died along with the rest of the DirectTV content. The "NFL Network" version of RedZone with Scott Hansen will continue to be offered. It will be offered by YouTube as a separate entity from Sunday Package, thus the extra cost if you pick up RZ and SP at the same time (see the first post of this thread).

What hasn't been stated is if the other places that offer RZ can/will continue to offer it. I think it will since it was and still is a NFL Network product.

The following tweet also supports that idea, but I don't know if it's an official communication or not.

what I want to know is if Verizon is going to carry it on their menu this season...think I('ll e-mail them and see

Here's the thing with YTTV and why it's worth it. You can add up to 5 "family members" as users. They get their own profile and login. I split mine with some friends and they just venmo me every month. It's a good service.

Red Zone is on Verizon...14 bucks a month

I'm curious if YTTV will limit password sharing for Sunday Ticket. With the old DirecTV Sunday Ticket app, only one user could be logged in at one time.

I've been a Directv/Tiicket subscriber since 2004, when I moved out of New England. My wife is also a fan of an out-of-market team, so Sunday Ticket is a must for us, no matter what the price is. I'll likely move to YTTV at some point, but I have no issues with DirecTv right now (I call every fall to get big monthly discounts).

$20 per game is a deal. If I head out to watch it's $20 for 1-way Uber ride to the sports bar. A decent beer is now $7-$10 here in Denver Metro. Plus food. It's a pricey Sunday.

We will be getting this so the wife can watch her Eagles as well as the Pats games. She prefers to stay at home and watch rather than venture out. There are Sunday's where the games kickoff at the same time but those are not a common as you would think.

I'll be signing up for the early bird special.

Will Sunday Ticket still be on DirecTV? couldn't tell from the article. (I can google this)

It is interesting to see this captured. As a person who has worked with computer networks since the mid 80s, I don't see a technological reason why there is delays on the order of tens of seconds. Maybe ad insertion happening multiple times? A satellite hop was adding around 0.6 seconds up and down. It's something I did measure back in the 80s.

Regardless, this probably will frustrate a lot of people. I noticed this in our GDT. As an OTA viewer, I saw stuff much earlier than others did.

I am no expert myself and probably know far less than you, but could it be about the compression rates of the signal. I assume when they get the broadcast they have to compress the signal to send over the internet. I would assume the signal they get from a satellite feed would be too much bandwidth without compressing the signal. But again, I know very little about the subject. So it is a pure guess.

The good news is that they will have multiview. So you can watch multiple games on one screen. I know when they did it back in the old days with DirecTV, they had like 6-8 games on the screen at once which made it unviewable. So I hope Yahoo lets you customize and choose how many games and which games you want to view.

Will Sunday Ticket still be on DirecTV? couldn't tell from the article. (I can google this)

Sorry no. YouTube has exclusive rights to DirecTV except for bars and other commercial settings which will still be DirecTV.

$20 per game is a deal. If I head out to watch it's $20 for 1-way Uber ride to the sports bar. A decent beer is now $7-$10 here in Denver Metro. Plus food. It's a pricey Sunday.

We will be getting this so the wife can watch her Eagles as well as the Pats games. She prefers to stay at home and watch rather than venture out. There are Sunday's where the games kickoff at the same time but those are not a common as you would think.

Plus you get access to all the other games. Helps alot during december especially when its ‘scoreboard watching’ time. I am probably going to get it , i just haven’t been able to find it on my list of options in the app yet… they did mention they we’re rolling it out gradually

DirectTV will probably go out of business after losing the Sunday Ticket contract (no you cannot still get Sunday Ticket from DirectTV, YouTube got the exclusive rights)

DirectTV will probably go out of business after losing the Sunday Ticket contract (no you cannot still get Sunday Ticket from DirectTV, YouTube got the exclusive rights)

DirecTV will still survive because they own the rural market where there is little or no cable or high speed internet access and bars and restaurants looking for sports feeds including the NFL.

Glad it works out for you. Since you want to watch two different games, it is as if the price is $10/game.

Plus you get access to all the other games. Helps alot during december especially when its ‘scoreboard watching’ time. I am probably going to get it , i just haven’t been able to find it on my list of options in the app yet… they did mention they we’re rolling it out gradually
For me playoff watching covers the two games I would have wanted to watch last season but could not.

Given the dynasty is over the Pats no longer get national coverage so the Sunday afternoon and night slots typically get playoff-caliber teams playing in them, and those are available over the air. Thu night I get because I'm already a Prime customer, but most of those games suck. The only one I regularly miss out on is Mon night, and that's the only flaw in my scheme. The issue for me is it isn't worth $350 to fix that flaw, especially that by Mon night I've already consumed a butt-load of NFL all weekend.

Glad it works out for you. Since you want to watch two different games, it is as if the price is $10/game.

For me playoff watching covers the two games I would have wanted to watch last season but could not.

Given the dynasty is over the Pats no longer get national coverage so the Sunday afternoon and night slots typically get playoff-caliber teams playing in them, and those are available over the air. Thu night I get because I'm already a Prime customer, but most of those games suck. The only one I regularly miss out on is Mon night, and that's the only flaw in my scheme. The issue for me is it isn't worth $350 to fix that flaw, especially that by Mon night I've already consumed a butt-load of NFL all weekend.

Im also out of the ne area though so currently im relying on reddit streams and others. For some reason last year i experienced alot of issues with these last year compared to years past and didnt seem as reliable at times. The scoreboard watching part of it was just a nice bonus. If i was in ne i most likely wouldnt think about purchasing .

I was hoping for per game/team pricing tiers, but I am still HAPPY that I now can get Sunday Ticket straight up.

I am already on YTTV which is a pretty damn good streaming option...I only pay $75/month and get NBC (SNF), ESPN (MNF and NBA Playoffs), CBS (Sunday games), FOX (Sunday games), TNT (NBA Playoffs), TBS (NBA Playoffs), NBATV (Some NBA playoff games), NFLN (No Thursday nighters anymore...but it doesn't come as an add on), and of course I separately have a PRIME membership for TNF.

Unlimited DVR....even when I record a show for the first time...they also record back episodes (can't fast forward thru commercials for old episodes tho) and I can watch YTTV on every device possible...anywhere...anytime...am sure I would still be subject to stupid NFL blackout rules if the Pats are playing where I am...but for that I still can tune to CBS/FOX on the app.

And best of all...NO GODDAMN CABLES ANYMORE....my TV is now on wheels...and I just plug it into different outlets in my house whenever I feel like it....

This should have been done YEARS AGO....with DirectTV I was paying $120/month for "basic cable" before paying for ST! Already saving about $45 a month for the same channels...which pays for ST itself...$289 is cheap for all of that entertainment!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back