PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet another suprising tidbit about BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icculus

Rookie
Reaction score
I found this on ESPN Insider (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=wickersham_seth):

"• I've been working on a Larry Johnson feature for ESPN The Magazine the past few weeks, and in getting to know Larry I've learned more about how much he idolizes Jim Brown. So I decided to research more on Brown, and in doing so found an interesting tidbit from a Sports Illustrated story a few years ago. Brown was in jail at the time of the interview and was asked what current athlete he admired. He already had ripped into Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods and others. His answer was interesting:

"Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surround myself with than any black athlete in modern times -- financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in the prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home; he's met gang members in Cleveland. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing."

Who knew Bill had some street cred tucked underneath that hooded sweatshirt?"

You've got to love BB. He doesn't look for any credit on this type of work. He is unbelievable!

Jim Brown is in jail? For what?

And what does he mean BB has been in prisons with him? They close or something?

Icc,

One of the finer first posts in recent memory even if it has been discussed here before. Always nice to have another new member who starts out seeing the positives. Welcome!

Wow, I read that the wrong way, eh? Haha.

Anyway, great read. It really does show a great side of Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes