PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo Sports: 10 reasons why Pats-Seahawks SB was greatest football game ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article! Number 1 was unexpected and made me think a lot.

Nice to be on the winning end of the greatest game ever, instead of the losing side :D

Great article! Number 1 was unexpected and made me think a lot.

Nice to be on the winning end of the greatest game ever, instead of the losing side :D
People wanted blood, but 2 weeks prior to that might have been the issue that started the downfall of the NFL Their hubris and bias of that time and what followed will be cited as the point when people started to turn away in droves.

An average? Or 114.4 million people watched?
That could be an average if you consider 120m people watched the first 1/2 and say ~109m watched the 2nd 1/2

It's shocking the league hate us so much because regardless of who we play people tune in. Nobody gave a **** about Broncos and Panthers.

That could be an average if you consider 120m people watched the first 1/2 and say ~109m watched the 2nd 1/2

I guess it makes sense that way but what a confusing way to write.

The article made a good point about that Super Bowl being the apex of the NFL. The league has been slowly going downhill since the greatest Super Bowl of all time.

It's shocking the league hate us so much because regardless of who we play people tune in. Nobody gave a **** about Broncos and Panthers.
That's why we don't, IMO, have to worry about the league telling the refs to call a tough game for us in the playoffs. Patriots vs. Seahawks orders Cowboys would be great for ratings.

However the league's preference in the SB, that is another story.

HT makes a tackle I thought was just delaying another tragic ending. Then BAM ! Interception. And we go back to HT. And that was amazing.

I agree. In fact at the time I thought that was the worst case scenario.

Either stop them for no gain or let him score a TD.....but to tackle him at the 1 yard line?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOO!!!! That seemed to spell inevitable TD while giving the Seahawks an opportunity to chew up more clock.

Still want to know what Hightower thought he was doing when Butler made the interception! I've looked at that replay a zillion times and it looks to me like Hightower almost knocked it out of Butler's hands.

Until that game he had Peyton as the greatest QB ever ????? Wow. Most people I know would not have PM in the top five! Obviously, opinions differ!

Still want to know what Hightower thought he was doing when Butler made the interception! I've looked at that replay a zillion times and it looks to me like Hightower almost knocked it out of Butler's hands.

Yea I've done the same thing.....and its was a pleasure every time.

My conclusion was that potentially three things were going in his mind.
1) he was kinda moving into MB and was just putting his hands up to soften any potential collision.
2) The ball was kinda moving around a little and as he saw MB trying to secure it, he was trying to get his hands up to help him hang onto it. One MB hits the ground, High jumps down almost right on the ball to help protect it from any Hawks trying to pull it free.
3) He just trying to push him out of the EZ but I'm less convinced that is what he was trying to do.

I think it was a combo of #1 at first then it became #2.

HT makes a tackle I thought was just delaying another tragic ending. Then BAM ! Interception. And we go back to HT. And that was amazing.

I think a lot of folks for a few moments thought it was over...Ill admit I did....the team never quit though...amazing

The article made a good point about that Super Bowl being the apex of the NFL. The league has been slowly going downhill since the greatest Super Bowl of all time.

Not so sure about "slowly."

I still think the longest five minutes or whatever (real time) of my life as a Patriots fan came after Butler's pick. No margin for error, Earl Thomas breathing in Stork's face. It was kind of like watching Varitek trying to catch the knuckler in Game 4 vs the Yankees in '04, maybe even more tense. So glad the 'Hawks D came unhinged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST