PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

X-mas in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. That is what the draft was for me. Like X-mas. Each pick was like opening a present. Not knowing what I was going to get. And I have to say that I was very happy to approach the draft this way. It was a lot less stressful and a lot more fun..

I didn't have any draft lists out. I just sat back and enjoyed.. It was very relaxing.. And yes, I laugh when people posted their tantrums on the board. Some of the reactions actually made me pause to think whether or not the team had a winning record last season and whether or not we'd hired a new coach...

I am looking forward to the PTB on both sides to get their heads out of their arses and get the NFL rolling again so we fans can enjoy all the new toys our teams have.

Yep. That is what the draft was for me. Like X-mas. Each pick was like opening a present. Not knowing what I was going to get. And I have to say that I was very happy to approach the draft this way. It was a lot less stressful and a lot more fun..

I didn't have any draft lists out. I just sat back and enjoyed.. It was very relaxing.. And yes, I laugh when people posted their tantrums on the board. Some of the reactions actually made me pause to think whether or not the team had a winning record last season and whether or not we'd hired a new coach...

I am looking forward to the PTB on both sides to get their heads out of their arses and get the NFL rolling again so we fans can enjoy all the new toys our teams have.

You DO realize that Sanity is always the minority position, right?

BTW - congrats on the upcoming change in your marital status.

Thanks, Maine.

I'm keepin it simple next year....I'll only research TEs and 2nd round DBs. I might sprinkle in a little C if the mood is right.

That is a relaxing attitude. Stick with "Hey look, new running backs! Thanks!" rather than "But cousin Rex got a defensive end and I didn't! Waaah, no fair!!!"

Yes, congrats (and condolences as well!)

Christmas ain't **** compared to a good draft.

A good draft is like a gift that will keep on giving for multiple years.

Yes, congrats (and condolences as well!)

It's really only "condolences" if the new partner doesn't like Patriots football. Somehow, I doubt that's going to be a problem in this instance.

It's really only "condolences" if the new partner doesn't like Patriots football. Somehow, I doubt that's going to be a problem in this instance.

I said that because of the way DB characterized his upcoming matrimony: days remaining as a bachelor. To me that was somewhat wist-ful (need the hyphen to get by the naughty word checker).

Last edited:

She's an A&M graduate. she also works most Sundays right now :mad:

She let's me enjoy the games whenever they are on and has no qualms about me spending the money for Sunday Ticket. So, I can't complain.

I said that because of the way DB characterized his upcoming matrimony: days remaining as a bachelor. To me that was somewhat wist-ful (need the hyphen to get by the naughty word checker).

Not wistful at all. Did it that way to see who was paying attention :D

Following how this team drafts intrigues me almost as much as the games themselves. And, that's saying something. BB even allows us to root for/against other teams because it will affect where our picks end up. Pure genius. As Dabruinz mentioned, it's comical watching internet posters claiming they're smarter than BB. Hope Ian doesn't mind me saying this. But, venture over to some league-wide draft sites. Fans of other teams despise BB because he regularly gets the best of their teams in these trades. Yet, many Pats fans fail to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back