PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Kenbrell Thompkins waived (update: claimed by Raiders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make any sense.
Kenbrell flashed last season but couldn't return after hurting his shoulder against Houston...
SMH

I am a bit surprised but not all that surprised. Thompkins seems to be a stud in the preseason and wildly inconsistent in the regular season thus far in his career. I hope he can pass through waivers. I didn't think they would cut any of the other WRs.

I still want him back, but he is a bit overrated by this board. I think he could be a decent WR, but I don't think his ceiling is all that high. Would have been more upset if they cut Dobson.

For me, this is the biggest shock so far. I didn't like the release of Kelly but he was old/coming off injury and I have been down on Mankins for years so neither of those really surprised me.

Strange move...not sure what to think about it to be honest. Then again, at the end of the day you only get so many chances to perform and prove you can perform consistently and he hasn't done it.

FWIW I don't feel as if this was a decision between Dobson/KT. Dobson was the 2nd round draft pick last year and is expected to become a big part of the offense in the (hopefully) near future. This was more between LaFell/KT as they play a similar role on offense. I guess LaFell's use on special teams and performance against KC is what made the decision clear.

I hope KT catches on somewhere though. He played well here and seemed to have a connection with Brady in the passing game. Will never forget the Saints game last year.

I'd rather of kept him and dropped Amendola and took the cap hit. Don't really care for this. I think he's had some clutch catches while on the field and had a lot of upside.

This will come back to bite us in the ass. Mark this post.

So going with 2 WR (Amendola is F***ing useless right now) again? Because if Dobson wasn't deemed ready by the coaching staff to play Monday I don't really think 3-4 days is going to change that.

I'm also suspiciously wondering that had that stuff not happened this week if this would be Dobson getting cut instead of Thompkins.

I saw Breer was reporting that the team told KT he would be brought back next week if he cleared waivers.

55004035.jpg

Maybe this could also mean they liked what they saw from Lafell last week. Still just pisses me off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes