PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory, yes. Browns only owe him $1.1m next year and is a RFA in 2017 so I doubt they cut him.
That's the main reason why I wonder whether they'll trade him at all/what it would take for them to consider a trade. A 3rd rounder? A 4th rounder?

In theory, yes. Browns only owe him $1.1m next year and is a RFA in 2017 so I doubt they cut him.

They can sit back and see what/who happens.

The first step is reinstatement.

If I'm Cleveland and someone calls to make a trade, I'd take it in a heartbeat, this guy is potentially one incident away from a lifetime ban.

I think its ridiculous that he has lost a year because of that incident coming home after the season ended. Seriously is he not allowed to take any alcohol intake at all, not even at a Wedding, birthday, not at any time.

I think its ridiculous what has happened and it laughs in the face of say someone like Greg Hardy and his situation.

I could understand if it was PEDs or recreational drugs.

As soon as his reinstatement is official I think their phones are gonna be ringing from at least a few teams... Hopefully Hue & crew are sensitive to Josh's wishes and at least take a trade to a team he wants to go to vs. somewhere he doesn't if the value is similar to them. (i.e. Minnesota & New England both offering a 3rd)

But would Brady give up his #12 jersey to get him?

Our 2nd rounder for Gordon and a 2nd/3rd day pick next year.

I drool thinking of Gordon catching passes from TB. All his issues aside he is the real deal and will be the best receiver New England has seen since Moss. Brady deserves a big game changer for a change so he can throw for 50+again and tell the league to bow down once more lol. I'm just dreaming.....

guy calm down. gordon will probably end up going to the broncos or some other patriot rival. no way the league lets brady get a weapon to contrast jules.

If I'm Cleveland and someone calls to make a trade, I'd take it in a heartbeat, this guy is potentially one incident away from a lifetime ban.
Yep. An excellent point. If I was GM of CLE that scenario would be a huge factor in the decision.

Our 2nd rounder for Gordon and a 2nd/3rd day pick next year.
I think the pick/compensation needs to be conditional.

5th just to get him. That is gone no matter what.

...an a additional 3rd or 2nd whatever if he lasts the 2016 season.

Just think several teams will go after this guy.

Its so intriguing that I ultimately don't think it will happen. If the Browns know he is going to be reinstated then why would they trade him?

Once he is reinstated, teams will be crazy to not try and gamble on obtaining one of the best WR talents the league has ever seen. Gordon was the best WR in the league in 2013. The stats he put up in 14 games with three mediocre QBs are unreal.

Based on his twitter activity, he's motivated and wants to play here.

image.jpeg

7 rec 151 yards 1 TD must be Talib's worst game as a pro in the last 3 seasons too. He would change the game on how Denver could defend us.

Most of all, he could play here for peanuts for two more seasons. Brady would have an elite WR for potentially his last two gos at the SB at a bargain cap hit.

I want this move more than any other in recent memory in FA.

Its so intriguing that I ultimately don't think it will happen. If the Browns know he is going to be reinstated then why would they trade him?
It ultimately comes down to whether the Browns think Gordon manages to stay out of trouble. With his contract situation they need to think whether Gordon's a long-term solution for the franchise. If they have no faith in him or their ability to keep him in track and have no intention to sign him long-term next year, they might deal him if the offer is good enough.

I think the pick/compensation needs to be conditional.

5th just to get him. That is gone no matter what.

...an a additional 3rd or 2nd whatever if he lasts the 2016 season.

Just think several teams will go after this guy.

Yeah but I'm only talking about risking a 2nd rounder which, for us, tends to be a low-value pick :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents