PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of love in this thread for quick smurfs, which the team is already loaded with. Meanwhile BB's been drafting (and signing) fleet six-footers like Tate, Price and Holt. So...Torrey Smith? :confused:

I think it's more relevant to ask what there players bring to the table, what does BB hope to get out of them that the other players lack? I think Holt was intended to be training camp fodder/a potential vet possession receiver, Price, with his 4.3 speed might have been a potential deep threat that could take over that function after Moss left.

Tate might simply have represented the best value as a receiver at that point in the draft, perhaps his height is a correlative factor as opposed to a causative one.

That being said, I want Steve Smith for next year. C'mon BB, make it happen!

Lot of love in this thread for quick smurfs, which the team is already loaded with. Meanwhile BB's been drafting (and signing) fleet six-footers like Tate, Price and Holt. So...Torrey Smith? :confused:

At least Szczur is 5'11" or so. :)

Not sure if WR is a need. The fact that we are keeping Taylor Price on the roster without activating him for a single game speaks to how the coaching staff feels about his value.

With his shoes on. ;)

Well seeing that he's supposed to be a bit over 200 pounds, if he's only 5'9", he's going to be a really funny looking Welker-clone.

This might be a smurf for the 7th round: Phillip Livas, LA Tech. 5'8", 175#, 40 times range from 4.36 to 4.48, though GBN has him at 4.35.

2010 ALL-WAC FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM: ST-Phillip Livas, Louisiana Tech, 5-8, 175, Sr., has been selected All-WAC First Team for the 2010 college football season as selected by the WAC’s nine head coaches. Livas garnered first team all-WAC honors as a kick returner after tying the NCAA record on Nov. 27 as he recorded his eighth career return for a touchdown. Livas' 862 kickoff return yards this year ranks second in school history and the Houma, La. native finished his career with 2,758 kick return yards, just 24 yards shy of the all-time WAC record. - Louisiana Tech football.

Just a thought. I'd rather spend high picks on a DE, another LB, and maybe an OL, and this guy seems like he'd be available later in the draft. Maybe he could relieve WWW and Tate of the abuse of returning kickoffs and punts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes