PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Chris Hogan injures shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea got to keep an eye on this one.

We have no idea how bad it is, so I feel we shouldn't panic. Let's see what we glean in the next day or two from Reiss and them.

We have no idea how bad it is, so I feel we shouldn't panic. Let's see what we glean in the next day or two from Reiss and them.
Exactly. And even if it is separated
he should be able rehab and play. Not exactly the news you want but doesn't sound like the end of the world.

Injuries hitting earlier than usual this year

But he watched the rest of the practice from the sidelines..didn't go right back in. So hopefully nothing major.

the last thing they need are WR and Oline injuries. JG needs all the weapons healthy.

I thought that we would have better luck with injuries this year after replacing the strength and conditioning coach from last season.

I thought that we would have better luck with injuries this year after replacing the strength and conditioning coach from last season.
that's a two edged sword. guys hitting are also stronger and better conditioned.

Below are the two most comprehensive reports for the moment.
Since he stayed on the field in the rain and was not treated in any way after his shoulder was examined on the field - it would be very surprising if its anything close to serious.

-

Chris Hogan injured his right shoulder early in practice during a one-on-one blocking drill with defensive backs. Hogan tried to participate in the next period but removed himself after catching a couple passes. He watched the remainder of the workout from the sideline.

Chris Hogan suffered what appeared to be a right shoulder injury during a wide receiver versus cornerback blocking drill. Hogan's right arm dangled when he disengaged with the defensive back, and trainers then examined his shoulder area.
Hogan remained on the field with his helmet off for the rest of practice. The medical staff did not wrap his shoulder or provide any immediate treatment.

But he watched the rest of the practice from the sidelines..didn't go right back in. So hopefully nothing major.

Exactly. He went back in to play with it for a while, then came back out and just sat on the sidelines. No immediate treatment. That's not a separation, or even a partial.

If there is one positive, it's that it had happened so early in camp and not deep into it. Maybe we see him in a red jersey next time they're in pads.

Again, it's way too early to speculate. But it would suck to see him miss valuable practice time because he's new...far different from Jules and Danny missing time. If I'm Dobson, I'm counting my lucky stars because he will likely need some guys to go down to improve his chances of making the final roster (not ragging on him). Maybe someone like Lucien would benefit this way as well, though he's a longer shot than Dobson. Keyshawn may not be a lock, especially since his ST's value will continue to diminish if Cy. Jones continues to impress in that area.

Worst case scenario, he separated it. I doubt it since he went back out there and gave it a go again, but that would be the worst case. In that event, he more than likely would still be ready for Week 1. As someone that has had some shoulder issues (stemming from football), it sounds like he may have popped it out of place a little bit. Probably a partial dislocation that they put back into place. His range of motion probably wasn't what it should be and they felt it best to call it quits and save him from a fully padded practice. But, again, that's just a guess based on my own personal past experience.

Chris Hogan suffered what appeared to be a right shoulder injury during a wide receiver versus cornerback blocking drill. Hogan's right arm dangled when he disengaged with the defensive back, and trainers then examined his shoulder area.
Hogan remained on the field with his helmet off for the rest of practice. The medical staff did not wrap his shoulder or provide any immediate treatment.

I like this one....If it was serious you would think he would have gone back or iced right?

I like this one....If it was serious you would think he would have gone back or iced right?

I hope is nothing serious, I don't know if there are enough footballs for him, Edelman and Dola splitting snaps but I'm sure this guy will fit like a glove in this offense.

People on here were speculating Dion Lewis would be back lickity split...
If anyone has been following the Patriots for any length of time they KNOW that Patriots' injuries are almost always longer than expected. Or at the very least injured guys rarely come back early. Belichick would rather have a 100% healthy Keshawn Martin than a 70% Julian Edelman.
Can't really fault him for that philosophy because the rings speak for themselves. But fans need to realize (especially the folks who've hopped on the bandwagon the last few years) that Pats players don't come back from injury very quickly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes