PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR AJ Brown

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Have anybody talked about this guy what an intriguing prospect based on size and speed. I know Metcalf is the talk of the town but this guy was no slouch on the other side at Ole Miss thoughts...

Have anybody talked about this guy what an intriguing prospect based on size and speed. I know Metcalf is the talk of the town but this guy was no slouch on the other side at Ole Miss thoughts...

Brown is primarily a big slot receiver in the Ole Miss offense. Lodge played the other outside position usually, not Brown. That's not a knock on Brown, who certainly can play any role, but it's important to understand what he's most accustomed to doing. We need a slot receiver for when Edelman eventually retires, but my guess is that we're more interested in adding a traditional X, particularly in the first two rounds (Brown won't last to the third).

Brown could be a more dynamic Anquan Boldin. I like him. Only question is value.

Brown is primarily a big slot receiver in the Ole Miss offense. Lodge played the other outside position usually, not Brown. That's not a knock on Brown, who certainly can play any role, but it's important to understand what he's most accustomed to doing. We need a slot receiver for when Edelman eventually retires, but my guess is that we're more interested in adding a traditional X, particularly in the first two rounds (Brown won't last to the third).

Brown could be a more dynamic Anquan Boldin. I like him. Only question is value.

Drooling he has a Great Body for the Slot Defenders would bounce off him. :cool:

AJ Brown is my WR1 this draft and frankly the only WR I can see being a #1 option in a stable O

If I can't have the TE or DE I want at 32, then I am seriously considering...WR! Those who so far appear worthy of selection in the late 1st/early 2nd range include AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Parris Campbell & possibly Hakeem Butler. In a FanSpeak mock I finished yesterday, I chose Samuel, though I am certainly open to suggestions.

AJ Brown is my WR1 this draft and frankly the only WR I can see being a #1 option in a stable O
This. This kid is a sure fire Pro Bowler imo. Looks like a total stud.

If I can't have the TE or DE I want at 32, then I am seriously considering...WR! Those who so far appear worthy of selection in the late 1st/early 2nd range include AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Parris Campbell & possibly Hakeem Butler. In a FanSpeak mock I finished yesterday, I chose Samuel, though I am certainly open to suggestions.

Brown is the most polished and consistently productive of that group. Butler could become Josh Gordon 2.0, if he can pick up the offense. Samuel is the more traditional catch and run guy; he's quick and elusive. Campbell is Percy Harvin. Explosive, true home run hitter.

I like them all for various roles, depending on how the board falls. Brown is the safest bet in my opinion, just because of his proven production. He's also a Patriots fan. ;)

DraftBible/NFLDraftScout.com compares Brown to Keenan Allen.

The one knock on him is his blocking on running plays.

I think that a lot will hinge on his Pro Day Shuttle and 3Cone numbers.

He does have something you can't teach and that is vision. He also seems to have great footwork from what I've read.

DraftBible/NFLDraftScout.com compares Brown to Keenan Allen.

The one knock on him is his blocking on running plays.

I think that a lot will hinge on his Pro Day Shuttle and 3Cone numbers.

He does have something you can't teach and that is vision. He also seems to have great footwork from what I've read.
Yeah I'm really, really looking forward to that pro day; I also hope that Dawson Knox runs his 40, his broad jump & his 60-shuttle then.

His tape is amazing. He has lined up outside and in the slot.

Every year he improved.

I’d still rather have Isabella and his speed, but brown could be the first receiver off the board in a few weeks.

His tape is amazing. He has lined up outside and in the slot.

Every year he improved.

I’d still rather have Isabella and his speed, but brown could be the first receiver off the board in a few weeks.

You’re a fan of Hardman too aren’t you? Which would you rather take?

You’re a fan of Hardman too aren’t you? Which would you rather take?

I think Hardman is the best slot receiver in this draft. Fast and shifty.

I do not think Isabella is a slot guy. I think he works better on the outside where his speed can take the top off of the defense. Body catchers working between the numbers means a lot of time on ir or in the morgue.

I have a second round grade on Isabella, with the caveat that someone teaches him to catch everything with his hands.

I have a 4th round grade on Hardman. With the caveat that he learns to pick up the blitz, when needed.

I have been beating the drum for AJ forever. He is absolutely worth a 1st round pick and would be a tremendous help for Brady.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back