PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Maroney for Marshawn Lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said 2+ you just named 2 in both seasons. The 2 right now are Maroney and Faulk. Belichick wants more than 2 but two is the very minimum.
Do you not understand that our system now is RB by committee, thats why Belichick wants 4 quality backs.

The Pats did not need 4 quality backs when A Smith and Dillon were carrying the rock. Why? Because they were dependable players who brought it. Thats why NE won SBs. Pass to get ahead and run to win. NE cant hold a lead with just Maroney.

NE Pat Maroney has never had a 1000 yd season, but Dillon and Smith have. Maroney has never started as many games in 1 season as Dillon or Smith. What the hell kind of featured RB has only started 14 games in a 4 year career?

The Pats need Morris and Taylor because they do not know which Koolaid will show up on Sunday. Hence my original point that IF Maroney was playing so great, there would be no need for both Morris and Taylor.

So they decided to fix the problem while he had a year left? Knowledgeable fans would know that a team will fix that problem if/when it arises.

Youve got to be kidding me?

You say he showed a lot of promise in 2008, he played good in 2 games. His stats were as follows Att. 74 Yds. 275 YPG. 3.7 TD 0
Those are jag numbers plain and simple. And those numbers are padded by his 5 ypg average in the 41-7 demolition of a pathetic Denver defense in a game where Sammy Morris looked like Chris Johnson running 16 times for 138 yards and a touchdown.

Big deal. Maroney did the same thing vs Tennesee 2009 in the snow.

Youre wrong about BJGE. He scored 5 TDs in 08. Undrafted and an unknown, BJGE was a refreshing change after Maroney got hurt. But, the Pats kept him on the roster and its year 3, either BJGE sinks or swims.

He wont be the 1st NE RB to be a failure if you know what I mean.

And get this, you say he was better in 2008 but his stats say he was better in 2009.

This is like saying Ryan Leaf had a better season than Brady because he attempted 20 passes and completed 17.

Just to clarify I like the guy but he is nothing more than decent for depth at the position.

Like Maroney is for Taylor and Morris.

Show me proof that he was benched when healthy.
On his fumbles can you name for me good the RBs who don't ever fumble the ball?
Can you name for me 10 starting backs in the league right now who have less fumbles to carries than Laurence Maroney.

It Is What It Is Maroney Benched, Morris Steps Up

[Patriots] Patriots RB Laurence Maroney Benched After Early Fumble

How much do you want to put on this? I'm willing to bet on that but the money would have to escrowed.

$100 bucks. Put your money up?

Maroney should be utilized as a kick returner and as a RB about 4th deep on the depth chart on his new 2011 team,He won't have much else to offer any team desperate enough for help in that area.

If Maroney is worth anything,he is O.K. as a returner and maybe the occasional short yardage guy 5 yards out of the backfield on a 3rd and 5 or less situation, as far as a pure RB,He's a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back