PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wood, Moore and Gilbert

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How happy would you be if three of our picks were Wood, Moore and Gilbert? For me, these three would represent major upgrades and possible 2010 starters. These three with two solid depth prospects at 97 and 124 would make this a great draft for me.
=======================================================
And I haven't even used #23 and #89!

How happy would you be if three of our picks were Wood, Moore and Gilbert? For me, these three would represent major upgrades and possible 2010 starters. These three with two solid depth prospects at 97 and 124 would make this a great draft for me.

Like anything else, it would depend where they were picked an who else was on the board. I like Wood and Moore very much. My distaste for Gilbert is well-known, but in the unlikely event he fell to the third round, I'd be on board. Wood, Sintim, and Chung would be my preference, although I'm perfectly fine with Moore instead of Chung.

Are you projecting Wood at guard for Neal in 2010, or do you think we cut Koppen? I mean I'm as in love with the Center prospects in this draft as the next guy, but I'm just not sure where to play them. I think if we look at a replacement for Neal, it'll be on day two this year or day one next year.

I like all three players. That said, Moore is the only potential 2009 starter of the bunch and he has a fairly significant bust potential. The fact that none of them would be a first round selection weighs in your favor though.

I expect Koppen to be with the team for a long time at center or guard.

I don't think that the second round is not too early to pick a player who could project as a starter at any of the three interior line positions for the next four years, include 2009 if there is an injury. The WORST that would happen is that Mankins, Neal and Koppen all stay long-term and we have a quality backup drafted in the second round. Personally, I like the players in the 3rd and 4th who might be future starters, but there is a large gulf in value between them and Wood and Unger. We good do a lot worse than to have four quality interior lineman on the squad.

Are you projecting Wood at guard for Neal in 2010, or do you think we cut Koppen? I mean I'm as in love with the Center prospects in this draft as the next guy, but I'm just not sure where to play them. I think if we look at a replacement for Neal, it'll be on day two this year or day one next year.

I assume you're talking about William Moore? I would rather have a Delmas or Vaughn who can cover, than an in the box guy which both Chung and Moore are considered to be.

How about Jenkins (via a trade up), Laurinaitus and Wood/Mack or (Best available OL)?

Last edited:

I like all 3 guys at 47 and 58. I would be happy with any 2 of them with those 2 picks. I am still hoping for an OLB at 23 or 34. I would be ok with an OLB plus those 3, but I'm still holding out hope for Malcolm Jenkins, an LT, or a trade up for an elite player.

I like all 3 guys at 47 and 58. I would be happy with any 2 of them with those 2 picks. I am still hoping for an OLB at 23 or 34. I would be ok with an OLB plus those 3, but I'm still holding out hope for Malcolm Jenkins, an LT, or a trade up for an elite player.

I concur with a desire to move up...... 2 solid starters for next year and 3 or 4 solid developmental prospects would be a tremendous draft......:cool:

Id take it;)....as long as its #34, #47, and #58.

I assume you're talking about William Moore? I would rather have a Delmas or Vaughn who can cover, than an in the box guy which both Chung and Moore are considered to be.

Moore had 8 interceptions in 2007. Stone hands will not be a problem.

works for me

23 and 58 for Jenkins
34 Laurinitis
47 Wood or Unger (Mack will be long gone)

How about Jenkins (via a trade up), Laurinaitus and Wood/Mack or (Best available OL)?

Moore had 8 interceptions in 2007. Stone hands will not be a problem.

Maybe not, but his ability to cover and stay healthy will be.

The more I think about it Chip Vaughn is probably the best value in this whole draft. If he can be had late 2nd/early 3rd that would be ideal as opposed to Delmas/Chung at #34 which is likely where we'd have to take either of them.

Last edited:

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back