PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With the 21st Pick of the 2006 NLF Draft the New England Patriots Select...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ochmed Jones said:
Three biggest needs for the Patriots.

1.) A playmaker on the secondary.
2.) Nastiness on the OL.
3.) Depth at LB and WR.

In training camp last year, the plan looked to me like the Pats were trying to establish a 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 back offense. They had a ton of formations with Graham and Watson on the field together. Unfortunately the OL started the year with some issues and we had to keep a TE in to block. Then we lost Koppen and Light and then Graham got dinged up a bit. The whole plan went down the toilet.
Sometime between now and August, we need to make an upgrade or two on the right side of the OL, (provided Light is OK.) If the OL can gel and hold their own in 2006, we will see a ton of double TE formations from the Pats. If that happens the second WR will really function as the fourth pass option for Brady.

I completely agree with this assessment, Ochmed, I think you are right on the money here.....Great post! Brilliant.....:rocker:

nickw308810 said:
The irony of your post was that the 30 yard TD was by Sinorice Moss.

Sorry, but this makes no sense. I guess you're saying that because it was a good speedy receiver who beat him, it's ironic but no, even if it was Michael Robinson who had, it still wouldn't be ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back