PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With September over what record do you expect from this team going forward?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What record do we finish with?

• Total voters
Before the season began, I predicted 3-1 after the TB game and 8-9 overall;

My New & Improved prediction: 5-12, and Mac on IR by Thanksgiving.

14-3 ... Full steam into the playoffs.

Let's get it!

Wk 5 at Houston Texans, WIN
Wk 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys, LOSE
Wk 7 vs. NYJ, WIN
Wk 8 at LA Chargers, LOSE
Wk 9 at Carolina Panthers, WIN
Wk 10 vs. Cleveland Browns, LOSE
Wk 11 at Atlanta Falcons, WIN
Wk 12 vs. Tennessee Titans, LOSE
Wk 13 at Buffalo Bills, LOSE
Wk 14 BYE
Wk 15 at Indianapolis Colts, WIN
Wk 16 vs. Buffalo Bills, LOSE
Wk 17 vs. JAX Jaguars, WIN
Wk 18 at Miami Dolphins, WIN

That's 8-9 not great. Some things have to change real fast. Even if Gilmore comes back, it doesn't fix the OL situation. That was a very winnable game last night, and they let it get away. They will have to beat some really good teams to make a legit run, and I don't see it right now.

I'm still optimistic for 10 wins. I can see a 4-0 end to the season if the team can gel and build some momentum.

The thing that worried me was Tampa's secondary is basically guys off the street, I mean they were giving up over 30 points a game becuase of injuries...Patriots still got under 20 even with that. That has to improve, they have just got to score more or the jets might give them a run for their money.

Watching MNF that game against the Chargers won't be easy trying to stop Herbert, Ekeler and that pass rush.

6 wins

At this point, the Jets might beat us. Zach looked good against Tennessee, and as I was saying, if Wilson was "normal bad", that game is like 10-3 in the 4th. Plus, jets off a bye week.

Our offense is so preschool, and our defense is cute but not great

We're a team that'll score 17 points on offense, fumble a couple times, commit penalties on defense, give up long scoring drives, and find some way to choke or lose games at the end.

On second thought, our offense has no explosiveness. And our run defense is too bad.

In addition to our losing vibe.

That's a bad sign, so I can see us losing to both Carolina AND Atlanta.

At this point, 4 wins is more likely.

As bad as Cam looked last year, our offense had a real method to it. It felt like we had actual control.

As where this year, it feels more like we can do cute little passes and run the ball (which has been getting worse), but when teams need to stop us, they can.

Even defensively, we can be scored on when the other team really has to.

At this point, the Jets will beat us.

I actually feel more encouraged after the Tampa game. I think we can win the next 3 (Dallas is pretty good, but they're still Dallas). After that we'll see. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.

Rushing for eight fewer yards than we did in Super Bowl XX is not encouraging.

If this is shored up, and Jones is protected, then 12 wins is possible.

Don't see exactly how that will happen today.
What? You think it's possible for this team to go 11-2 in the remaining games? Hahahahaha
Hahahahaha Hahahahaha

I would think 10-7 is probably the best the team can do this year and maybe a 6th or 7th seed...

I actually feel more encouraged after the Tampa game. I think we can win the next 3 (Dallas is pretty good, but they're still Dallas). After that we'll see. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.
How is this front line going to stop Ezekiel and Pollard when they're running an avg of 6 ypc? I don't see it. Prescott is top 5 in yds, TDs and rating. His receivers are a nightmare.

If Pats beat Dallas, I'll start believing.

Rushing for eight fewer yards than we did in Super Bowl XX is not encouraging.

If this is shored up, and Jones is protected, then 12 wins is possible.

Don't see exactly how that will happen today.
12 ?
"They're still Dallas"

I don't think the Patriots are in position for us as fans to still be viewing other teams in that regard.

If all goes well, 9-8
If injuries and locker room demoralize, 6-11

this is a learning year. Period.

with an NFL level OLine might be something like 9-8 with what they currently show it will be a 3-14, if they are lucky that Mac Jones isn't killed by end of October with this ****show of Oline and RB play

I see people basically penciling in wins for us against the Texans and Jets. I think we should win those games but really wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. We cannot score points and we keep turning the ball over. Those two things combined leave a very slim margin of error even against bad teams.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back