PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winning too much might not be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day the Browns beat us. That’s the day I become an astronaut

They beat us in Gronk’s rookie season with Colt McCoy and Peyton Hillis.

The Jets have taken that notion to the extreme.

it’s like the Op forgot this franchise won 20 plus games in a row across 2 Consecutive championship seasons

it’s like the Op forgot this franchise won 20 plus games in a row across 2 Consecutive championship seasons

Maybe OP figures that if those fools hadn't kept winning they wouldn't have eventually lost again... or... something... :confused:

They did say something I agreed with. The ravens game will not be a must-win game, I mean of course you want to win but BB knows they might face them again in the playoffs and will test out certain looks on defense against Lamar Jackson to see what works and what doesnt work.
The question is whether Bill learned from past experience.

We've seen seasons go down in flames in Denver for example, when we abandoned the run after 5 minutes. And, when we repeatedly failed to have Ghost kick field goals which he had 95% chance of making and went for it on fourth down with 5% chance of converting.

Bill Belichick has shown time and again he's not afraid to shirk conventional wisdom. It's worked most of the time, and sometimes failed miserably.

I am hopeful that he'll keep his head this year. As always, it's not about going undefeated.

It's about football.

Thankfully our D now is slightly a tad better than the 2010 bunch.

They beat the Patriots in a playoff game that one time. Then they fired their coach. I wonder what happened to that guy.

Shmessy with charts of Pats not losing 3 games in a row since 2002 in 5...4...3...2....

Clearly, too much winning is for losers. :)

I think we've clearly forgotten the huge "L" that will forever blemish this season. Time running out and the Giants complete THE PASS in the 4th preseason game to hold the Patriots to what is at that time a 3-1 record. Now the best they can do is 22-1.

Let's not talk about needing more losses. The Pats already lost their token game - at the hand of the Giants - again. :eek:

So, you're saying the Pats should lose a couple to make them feel better and perform better?

I wonder what Junior Seau and Rodney would say about this.

I wouldn't feel bad if they lose once in early December and head into the playoffs 15-1. =D

This thread has sneaky potential for the next "i dont care, i cant stand it" award.

yea but maybe if we had lost just one of those 20 it would have equaled a calmer, less worrisome, more user friendly back to back championship run. :)

Nick Saban calls it rat poison but I think it hurts the team when the media tells them how good they are. Who cares if we’re 7-0? 7 wins don’t mean anything, the last two occasions when we went 7-0 in 07 and 15 didn’t translate to a super bowl win. I think the reason for this is the media, I almost like it better when they say Brady is done or we aren’t going to the super bowl or the defense sucks because it adds that motivation. Winning too much will make you complacent. It is rat poison.

You’re right. It’s really keeping me up all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back