2A. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
2B. Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State

Last edited:
Two rounds, from DraftTek.com.

1A. Alameda Ta'amu, DL, Washington
1B. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, FSU

Not the worst result but do we really need DL ? Seems, when they are healthy, we have quite alot of DL and I still think we are going back to 3-4 next year. If we need 3-4 DLs we can just pick them up later in the draft.

BTW who is this Markelle Martin ? Anyone got any info on him ?

Not the worst result but do we really need DL ? Seems, when they are healthy, we have quite alot of DL and I still think we are going back to 3-4 next year. If we need 3-4 DLs we can just pick them up later in the draft.

You know where to look, Bro. ;)

Two rounds, from DraftTek.com.

1A. Alameda Ta'amu, DL, Washington
1B. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, FSU

NICE. :cool:

I don't actually have any of those 4 in any of my Mocks, but I DIG all 4 of those guys, which is pretty remarkable...And I like the choice of positional targets, as well.

Not a fan of Martin. Here are our two writeups on him:

vs Iowa State

vs Kansas State

You can browse the rest of the games in our Film Room Archive.

They definitely hit on positions of need, but again with the return to the 3-4 expected next season, where does the olb fit?
Replace the kid from florida state with a taylor or upshaw, depending on how they run and i would be very happy with that draft.

I think they still need a penetrating interior DLman to replace what Mike Wright gave us. I don;t know if this kid can do that, but if he can, it would seem to be an appropriate pick

Would be thrilled to have this draft with a WR in FA.

I reserve the right to change my mind. But, let's say we stick with the 4-3. I want a LDE and LB in the first. A safety and a wr in Round 2. Hope a C falls to Round 3 like Ben Jones. If not, maybe a cb in 3rd and dt in 4th.

1a Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall
1b Luke Kuechly - LB - BC or Zack Brown - UNC
2a Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
2b Marvin McNutt - WR - Iowa
3 Leonard Johnson - CB - Iowa St

I'd like to re-up A. Carter, W. Welker, D. Koppen(I can hear the groans from here), M. Anderson and D. Branch. We're in fine cap shape. Shouldn't be a problem. Target a safety and wr(not necessarily a superstar) in free agency.

I reserve the right to change my mind. But, let's say we stick with the 4-3. I want a LDE and LB in the first. A safety and a wr in Round 2. Hope a C falls to Round 3 like Ben Jones. If not, maybe a cb in 3rd and dt in 4th.

1a Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall
1b Luke Kuechly - LB - BC or Zack Brown - UNC
2a Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
2b Marvin McNutt - WR - Iowa
3 Leonard Johnson - CB - Iowa St

I'd like to re-up A. Carter, W. Welker, D. Koppen(I can hear the groans from here), M. Anderson and D. Branch. We're in fine cap shape. Shouldn't be a problem. Target a safety and wr(not necessarily a superstar) in free agency.

this years S FA class is abysmal. WR is another story. How is McNutt? haven't watched any big 10 football this season outside of Wisconsin and UM.

Last edited:
this years S FA class is abysmal. WR is another story. How is McNutt? haven't watched any big 10 football this season outside of Wisconsin and UM.

McNutt's a big kid. 6'4" 215lb. Former qb. Figure he'd pick up our system. Which many rookies have trouble doing. Knock will be that he doesn't have the speed to get separation at the next level. Iowa runs more of a pro formation than just spread. He's good on quick slants. I've seen him break some tackles on screens.He had great stats 78 rec 1269yds 12 td. He will drop the occasional easy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots