PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Rosey Colvin be a Patriot next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSYLICIOUS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What's your prediction here? He appeared to be getting better week by week. With a full TC think he could help out next year at OLB, much needed with Vrabel another year older. Plus you know somebody is going to get injured :(

I'd also like to see Seau signed and PUP'd, brought in for the stretch run again :D

Last edited:
I think it would depend on how well he competes in camp which he should be allowed to do. If he wins, hello Rosey.

I don't see we've got much outside pass rush. Until we draft a couple more LBs, why not?

We need some speed at OLB. We needs some devastating speed badly. Our D-Line is definitely good enough, our ILB's seem to be taking care of themselves.

I would be interested to see how Vrabel, Thomas and Crable combine with hopefully some free agents or draftees coming in.

Considering that the defense improved when Seau and Colvin showed up, I don't see how you couldn't give the guy a chance.

Ahhh the visions of an LB core of AD-Mayo-Guyton/Vrabes-Rosey with Vrabes/Guyton, Seau, Bru, Woods as depth. Use one or more of those 3 picks in the first 2 rounds to shore up our DB's and our defense returns to 2003 form.

hopefully, Jordan is back too because he's very productive in this season.

Sure. After Thomas, Vrabel, and Mayo he could project fourth-best among the LBs. I've been a Wood un-fan ever since that blown fumble recovery.

I seriously doubt it.

I hope he's at least invited to camp as one poster said.

It's hard to tell since he didn't have a full preseason to get into shape.

I think Colvin can be part of a great three man rotation like the Pats had in 2004 with Colvin, Vrabel, and McGinest. The problem will be what Rosie is looking for as far as playing time and money, whether he wants to play at all (word was he was enjoying "retirement"), and whether the Pats can afford a roster spot for a non-special teamer (Colvin has played special teams in the past, but not really his forte).

I would like to see Rosy and Jr. back but I don't think that it will happen. It's time that the team gets younger in the LB corp. Mayo is a great start, we need more like him.

I hope that BB gives him a shot in Training Camp. Nothing to lose.

What's your prediction here? He appeared to be getting better week by week. With a full TC think he could help out next year at OLB, much needed with Vrabel another year older. Plus you know somebody is going to get injured :(

I'd also like to see Seau signed and PUP'd, brought in for the stretch run again :D

I'd like to see him back, definitely. He has a tendency to wear down and get hurt, though, so I hope that if we want him to be around all year next year, we rotate him and Vrabel with Woods and (hopefully) Crable. Keep them all fresh and relatively unhurt.

I definitely want either him or Seau back to go with Vrabs, Bru and Thomas as the Vets of the group than with your youth Mayo, Guyton, Crable you wouldn't need much. And any additions could compete for the last few spots and/or push out one of the group.

I would perfer the Vet be Seau because I would love to get him his ring but I would find it more likely that the last 4 weeks should Colvin he can still play where is Seau is 40 and the question is would he want to go thru a whole TC, Pre Season, and Season at that age. Definitely keep him on speed dial though.

If he is, will he get rid of that silly #95 uniform he was wearing? Did he have to check in as a linebacker before every play?

Was not all that impressed from my limited view... this is a need, but not sure if he has the desire to fill it.. when he first came back was interviewed by Dale and Holley, essentially he said that he was not working out at all prior to his being resigned..

The only thing that would lead me to say no is that he doesnt play special teams often. I would like to see Rosy invited back but I'm not sure if Belichick wants to use a spot for a guy that will play only OLB (specifically passing situations) and not help him in multiple areas. If injuries strike again he could be called on for a late stretch run much like this season which proved to be effective. It'll be interesting to see how Crable, Woods, and Redd develop to add depth going into next season and what they can do in the draft.

We'll probably see 3 ILB and 3 OLB on the 53 next year. Mayo-Guyton-Bruschi and Vrabel-Thomas-Woods.

You could make the case to move Thomas to ILB if Bruschi doesn't come back, that could keep Colvin on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft