PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will players get paid....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Do the players get paid if the season is shortened or canceled? The same question applies to the other major league sports league. Has this been addressed anywhere?

I believe a pandemic is one of the reasons that networks can get out of contracts. At some point, the flow will stop. Networks wouldn't get money from advertising, teams wouldn't get money from networks, players wouldn't get money from teams. Then there's the question for people like me with DirecTV subscriptions - for baseball I've already been charged my first of five installments - but where are the games? DirecTV pays the NFL $1.5 Billion per year. If everyone starts cancelling, that will become a problem too.

Attendance $$$ will be an issue also but for the NFL TV money is the biggest piece.

Players do not get game checks if there are no games under the CBA. The NFL CBA also does not have a force majeure clause, according to reports.

So they'll get their signing bonuses, etc., but no salary (or roster bonuses, etc., though apparently they might get workout bonuses if they workout on live video in front of team personnel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back