PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will drafting a few pass rushing OLBs/DEs decide where Jason Taylor will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It looks like its a two way battle for Taylor and reports from Miami newspapers say that Jason would have to settle for vet minimum or near minimum to play this season for either team.

I would think that depending on how many,if any DEs and OLB pass rushers Miami and NE decide to draft may change thier views on how important they view obtaining Taylor on thier roster.

Last edited:
It looks like its a two way battle for Taylor and reports from Miami newspapers say that Jason would have to settle for vet minimum or near minimum to play this season for either team.

I would think that depending on how many,if any DEs and OLB pass rushers Miami and NE decide to draft may change thier views on how important they view obtaining Taylor on thier roster.

I think it's possible.

I think the Pats would love to have Taylor, but the issue is money. They are waiting until after the draft so as to not tip their hand and in order to see who they land and how much money they have available. Trading a 1st day pick into 2010 would obviously decrease the rookie hit and free up a bit of money. I don't see it so much an issue of decreasing need (even if they sign a rookie DE/OLB that player won't be ready for a year, and Taylor would be a great mentor to help the transition) as affordability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes