PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the hell did we not try harder to keep TB12?

Nope

If Brady fails it proves BB right that it was time to move on. Brady has everything he asked for in Tampa. No excuses.
He brought in Gronky and the Little Psychopath
And is completing 55% of his passes in the playoffs

Last edited:
As Jules Winnfield said to Brett, allow me to retort.

The odds are that Brady would have been an improvement, but no matter what the record I wanted Brady to finish his career here. He more than earned that.

A) None of the players you mentioned played QB, the most important position in football. The funny thing is, the only time we did change a QB it was to go from Bledsoe to Brady. The Brady to Newton move didn't work out so well.
B) A tougher schedule is even more reason to have a better QB.
C) They came close to taking down Seattle, Buffalo and KC this year. Imagine what they could have done with an actual QB.

There's no better way to start a rebuild than with the greatest QB in the history of the game, who still looks pretty good, even at 43.

I just dont see how you can expect this year to have been any better than 2019. We have gotten worse at many areas and have not improved anywhere. Keep in mind if Brady is resigned Thuney is likely gone, the best and most important piece on Ol right now. The defense, especially the run d is far worse. Schedule harder, and we have a 13-3 team in the division making that nearly impossible to win. How can we realistically expect any better than another one and done?

And youre also overlooking one tiny little aspect that Brady likely didn’t want to be back either. It was just time, and it’s beyond time for us to move on.

Nope

If Brady fails it proves BB right that it was time to move on. Brady has everything he asked for in Tampa. No excuses.
You have an odd description of the word 'fails.' Failure is having a poor record and not making the playoffs, like Bob and Bill's team without Brady this year.

Meanwhile, Brady is about to play in his 14th conference championship game, with a coaching staff that has been described as imbeciles on this board many times.

It'll be funny to see where the goalposts move to if TB and TB continue to win.

I just dont see how you can expect this year to have been any better than 2019. We have gotten worse at many areas and have not improved anywhere. Keep in mind if Brady is resigned Thuney is likely gone, the best and most important piece on Ol right now. The defense, especially the run d is far worse. Schedule harder, and we have a 13-3 team in the division making that nearly impossible to win. How can we realistically expect any better than another one and done?

And youre also overlooking one tiny little aspect that Brady likely didn’t want to be back either. It was just time, and it’s beyond time for us to move on.
If Brady was here and beat the Bills, like he does every year, they would only be 11-5.

Brady was not going to win another super bowl in new england. By the time we build a roster worthy of competing around him he would be 45

With Tampa brady can compete and get #7 to make him the greatest athlete of all time

I believe that this year's team is better. We added TE's this year but didn't have a QB who could get it to them. We also had players return from injuries, especially up the middle. I remember seeing a LB play FB last year. Thuney may be gone anyway.

The defense was adequate, in spit of the fact that they were most affected by opt outs.

One and done is better than none and done, but it doesn't matter to me anyway. It's simply a matter of seeing Brady finish his career here and not lead another team in a playoff run.

There's no way that Brady wanted to leave or he wouldn't have built a brand new home near Kraft. He was clearly chased out of town.

I'm a Pats fan so I have to move on, and I am, but I don't have to like it, and I don't. I never will.

If Brady was here and beat the Bills, like he does every year, they would only be 11-5.

major assumption. We barely beat them last year. We got worse, they got better

We have hashed and rehashed this over and over on many threads. We all know why at this point. It stinks as Pats fans but it could not have worked out any better for Brady. I am really happy for him that he will finish with an org willing to support him so he can still contend for the chips.

I believe that this year's team is better. We added TE's this year but didn't have a QB who could get it to them. We also had players return from injuries, especially up the middle. I remember seeing a LB play FB last year. Thuney may be gone anyway.

The defense was adequate, in spit of the fact that they were most affected by opt outs.

One and done is better than none and done, but it doesn't matter to me anyway. It's simply a matter of seeing Brady finish his career here and not lead another team in a playoff run.

There's no way that Brady wanted to leave or he wouldn't have built a brand new home near Kraft. He was clearly chased out of town.

I'm a Pats fan so I have to move on, and I am, but I don't have to like it, and I don't. I never will.

The fb we have is nowhere close to develin. And the rookie te’s didn’t even see the field regularly until the last couple weeks. If Brady couldn’t mesh with meyers last year he aint making these guys quality targets in yr 1 with no preaseason and both injured. I wanted him to retire here too but id rather see him somewhere he can actually win, and clearly he agrees. This was not all bb’s decision. Just be thankful it lasted as long as it did.

Bill wanted his reboot and got it.

Wished Brady stayed but it wasn’t meant to be. It worked out for Tom, I hope it works out for us too. We’ll know in couple of years. If the rebuild is a failure I believe the Pats are looking for a new GM and HC.

I’m not going to go scorched earth and say I hope the team crashes and burns and Bill is fired just for letting Brady leave. I don’t like it but I’m a Pats fan and hope the opposite happens.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thus far Kraft was right. If Brady implodes this weekend in Green Bay or in the Super Bowl then BB was right.

Lol, what? You're smart enough to know that is a ridiculous take. At least I hope so. You have the goal post pushed as far back as possible. Something tells me if he wins the SB you will still find a way to move the goal post again, somehow someway. You will probably say his stats weren't impressive enough or something... And if he kills it you will find something else.

Brady has already proven he still has it. He just brought the bucs to the NFC championship game. A losing franchise that hasn't won squat since IDK when. Losing to another really good team in the playoffs doesn't prove BB was right. His team just went 7-9 and missed the playoffs and we currently have NO QB. If this is what being right looks like I wish he was wrong.

major assumption. We barely beat them last year. We got worse, they got better
The Bills are a better team than the Patriots in almost every way and I don’t think the coaching is such a huge gap anymore. Bills would have still thumped us with Brady and maybe twice. No doubt about it.

I hope the Pats can follow the same path as they did in 3 years to the top of the conference.

Lol, what? You're smart enough to know that is a ridiculous take. At least I hope so. You have the goal post pushed as far back as possible. Something tells me if he wins the SB you will still find a way to move the goal post again, somehow someway. You will probably say his stats weren't impressive enough or something... And if he kills it you will find something else.

Brady has already proven he still has it. He just brought the bucs to the NFC championship game. A losing franchise that hasn't won squat since IDK when. Losing to another really good team in the playoffs doesn't prove BB was right. His team just went 7-9 and missed the playoffs and we currently have NO QB. If this is what being right looks like I wish he was wrong.
We’ll know if BB is right to start the rebuild when he did in 3 or so seasons. Bills were basically us right now 3 seasons ago and look at them now. I can’t think of any excuse why the Pats shouldn’t rebuild just as quickly as they did.

The "Brady's choice"...is that based on a NFL network/ESPN comment? where you getting this? I am going to guess that Sanu was more of a Steve Belichick thing. The extent of Brady's involvement (IMO) was him being asked "what do you think about Sanu" to which he answer "sure, we need a possession receiver"

adding a reference: Mohamed Sanu Came To Patriots With Ringing Endorsement From Steve Belichick - NESN.com

So Bill's inability to evaluate WRs runs in the family...

Bill bungled the draft and personnel moves the last few years. Bill wouldn't offer Brady a multiyear deal. Brady didn't want to play with a crap roster and no commitment. Bill basically shoved him out the door and had no plan in place for his successor.

To me, I think BB is a bit uneasy with Brady and his methods of "nutrition" , Alex etc. BB and Brady were both tired of each other. What is going on Tampa is a mirage and not sustainable, people are seeing relative success and are reading too much into things. Outside 4 games, Brady has been lucky and that luck will run out this weekend.
Lucky, lol

Nope

"If Brady fails"..? He threw 4,600 yards with 40 TDs against 12 INT's. He is going to the NFCCG. He has more playoff wins without Bill than Bill does without him.

He has already succeeded.

"If Brady fails"..? He threw 4,600 yards with 40 TDs against 12 INT's. He is going to the NFCCG. He has already succeeded.
I think a lot of us at the beginning of the season said this was a successful season if Brady makes the NFCCG. Here we are.

Amazing how bitter someone could be that they think that Brady, at 43, on a new team, with not much practice time or offseason work, a buffoon for a coach, threw for 4600 yards and 40 TDs en route to a conference championship game appearance isn't a success.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back