PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why The AFCE loves Rex Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex shouldn't be a HC. I'm not sure he should even be a DC, given that his system is figured out and he is too stubborn to know it.

true, but separate point...I was just coming from the personality perspective

imagine having rex, harbaugh, tomlin, and fischer in the same division

It should also be noted that Rex took over a defense that was 4th in points allowed and 4th in yardage last season.
In his second game they allowed more total yards, more passing yards and more points that they did in any season.
Someone on this forum said the Bills would digress this year because of coaching and their defense would digress with Ryan running it instead of Schwartz. Currently ranked: 24th in points and 28th in yards. Last year the same players had 54 sacks, so far they have 4.

(Also ironically the Bills offense in 2014 had their 2 highest scoring games against........Rex's NY D).

Rex's best years as HC was seemingly played on Mangini's roster, save for the Sanchize.

Rex is 12-12 versus Buffalo and Miami. He's 3-10 versus us. Let's not fudge stats around here to prove points, especially after the offseason we endured of people doing it to us. We're better than that.

Is that a record we should be impressed by? I must have missed all the great teams Buffalo and Miami have had over the last 7 years.

Just as an aside... I am laughing my ass off this week:

WEEI and Comcast doing: WWRS ... What Would Rex Say .... it's a great diversion to laughter.

Felger has it down the best ...

media loves ryan . Same media who loved rex's refreshing attitude when with the jets when he constantly loudmouthed pats is now praising bowles for being even keeled. Media's job is half done by rex so they always give him a benefit of the doubt.

I've said it several times and so have many others, media and fans love guys who act confident. It doesn't really matter to most of them if they do anything to back up that confidence and swagger, rex Ryan is a terriblely overrated coach because he acts confident and acts like a loud ass. People eat it up

Last edited:
This morning on mike and mike they did that thing where they pose questions then discuss and one today was "is Rex Ryan to blame for the decline of the bills defense"
Of course he is.

I thought the AFCE loved Rex because of this, on his journey he just switches logos..

thumb.aspx

I've said it several times and so have many others, media and fans love guys who act confident. It doesn't really matter to most of them if they do anything to back up that confidence and swagger, rex Ryan is a terriblely overrated coach because he acts confident and acts like a loud assailed. People eat it up

I like him in the AFCE because he's a louder, wider version of Herm Edwards or Dave Wandstat. As long as he's here that's one less team to worry about. It's no wonder that Belichick likes him.

I love Rex. He is always a source of entertainment.

I've never found him entertaining. He annoys me with his big mouth. I like him as a HC because it helps the Pats, so I put up with him.

I like him in the AFCE because he's a louder, wider version of Herm Edwards or Dave Wandstat. As long as he's here that's one less team to worry about. It's no wonder that Belichick likes him.
Would have been funny Rex vs Cowher ..... testosterone fest.

Going .500 against the division is what's known as parity and is supposed to happen. Unless you're the New England Patriots, that is.

Before we get all pumped up here, Todd Bowles (.750) has a better overall W/L percentage since he became a head coach in the division than Bill Belichick (.735). The fact that Bill Belichick has won more games as head coach of the Patriots (180) than Todd Bowles (6) notwithstanding.

Bowles is 6-2 as an AFCE head coach including a 2-1 record as interim head coach of the Dolphins in 2011.

Bowles is 0-1 versus the Patriots as HC of the MD in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents