PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is our game not flexed out?

ahmed

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't get it given that a Broncos match-up is a lot less appealing than the Chiefs one.

Some sort of rule that allowed Fox/CBS to protect the better games? Or the NFL not as scared of us getting blown out like they were against the Chiefs?

I really wanted a 1pm game. I am still getting used to jet lag (1 week later - am getting old) and been falling asleep at 8 or 9pm latest all week.

It could be that the Broncos owner didn't want the game flexed out. There's a rumor that Kraft didn't want to get embarrassed on national TV so ok'ed the Monday Night flex out.

Punishment.
Christmas Eve game is definitely not a reason to celebrate.
Denver fans could make a party of it, but it's background noise around here.

Most likely the league would not allow Christmas flexing.

How dare you!!

I’m guessing because the Christmas Eve game will be the least watched prime time game this season.

I’m guessing because the Christmas Eve game will be the least watched prime time game this season.

For a national broadcast my guess for that one would be last night's Bills vs Chargers tilt. Only available on the paid version of Peacock, I'd imagine the audience was somewhat limited.

I'm guessing two big markets
Denver is fighting for a playoff spot

I'm guessing two big markets
Denver is fighting for a playoff spot
Not many people outside of New England like the Pats. Hell, half of Connecticut are Giants fans. The Broncos have more of a national following.

It’s “flexed in” lol

Not many people outside of New England like the Pats. Hell, half of Connecticut are Giants fans. The Broncos have more of a national following.

Every national poll I see has the Pats ahead of the Broncos. Here is a poll with the Pats #1 and the Broncos #20.

I don't get it given that a Broncos match-up is a lot less appealing than the Chiefs one.

Some sort of rule that allowed Fox/CBS to protect the better games? Or the NFL not as scared of us getting blown out like they were against the Chiefs?

I really wanted a 1pm game. I am still getting used to jet lag (1 week later - am getting old) and been falling asleep at 8 or 9pm latest all week.
Maybe because the patriots suck

I know it is Sunday Night, but this is not "Sunday Night Football". It wasn't eligible for flexing.

I know it is Sunday Night, but this is not "Sunday Night Football". It wasn't eligible for flexing.
Ah ok. Finally someone answered lol. Thx!

Love Myself Kiss GIF by WWE

Terrible time for a game. The first one I’m going to skip since pats/chargers 2001. ( I’ll watch it Tuesday maybe)

that could be another reason - they want to see us lose

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back