PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Kraft talking so much?

He's talking about the $47M in guarantees that he's paying for with his legitimately-earned money he personally worked hard for.

He married into the money and ownership in the NFL is a license to print money. He made great head coaching hires on two occasions but let’s not give Bob too much credit for working hard to make his money.

He made some very good plays with the Titans where they would actually have him run routes I know it’s a insane concept.
Only thing I can think of is he struggled picking up our route tree concepts and Josh gave him basic plays to get the ball in his hands as opposed to him making a mistake by cause a bad play or a turnover.
I think the fumble and I think he blew some blocks that wrecked his confidence.

That quote is over a week old. There's no new information here.
Yeah the link posted is linking another article that says it’s a quote from the statements Kraft made last week, it’s not a new thing. They’re just choosing to report on it a second time because… reasons.

Reactions: sb1
He married into the money and ownership in the NFL is a license to print money. He made great head coaching hires on two occasions but let’s not give Bob too much credit for working hard to make his money.

Billionaires don't "earn" their billions. They may, or may not, work hard. Regardless of how hard they work, it doesn't equate to billions of dollars.

Billionaires don't "earn" their billions. They may, or may not, work hard. Regardless of how hard they work, it doesn't equate to billions of dollars.

Without the players, they're nothing. Period.

He is the owner. And he has a right to speak his mind on things. He wants a PO win. That said, everything needs context.

Let's say NE makes it as a WC in 2022. They are facing off against the heavily favored Chargers. Two days before the game, Herbert tears an ACL. NE then beats the Chargers. Before getting blown out by Buffalo in the next round. Technically, Kraft gets his PO win. But...there's a big asterisk by the win. And more questions come out after being beaten by Buffalo...again.

Let's say the opposite happens. NE faces off against the heavily favored Herbert and LAC. NE leads 24-22. Chargers last ditch effort is incomplete. But...a flag comes in for the most egregious DPI call in PO history. Chargers retain possession and kick the game winning FG with seconds left.

Getting one PO win in the former scenario shouldn't necessarily be looked at as a great step forward. But losing in the latter scenario shouldn't be looked at as a failure by the coaching and players.

How the team performs, win or lose, should matter more to Kraft imo.

Sans a 2-15 record with everyone healthy, and the coordinators performing awful, I believe it'll be up to Bill if he wants to return in 2023.

Without the players, they're nothing. Period.
Aren't most NFL owners already billionaires before they buy a team?

Yes, they make more billions owning the Golden goose. But having 2 billion compared to 10 billion isn't a huge difference when you think of it.

He is the owner. And he has a right to speak his mind on things. He wants a PO win. That said, everything needs context.

Let's say NE makes it as a WC in 2022. They are facing off against the heavily favored Chargers. Two days before the game, Herbert tears an ACL. NE then beats the Chargers. Before getting blown out by Buffalo in the next round. Technically, Kraft gets his PO win. But...there's a big asterisk by the win. And more questions come out after being beaten by Buffalo...again.

Let's say the opposite happens. NE faces off against the heavily favored Herbert and LAC. NE leads 24-22. Chargers last ditch effort is incomplete. But...a flag comes in for the most egregious DPI call in PO history. Chargers retain possession and kick the game winning FG with seconds left.

Getting one PO win in the former scenario shouldn't necessarily be looked at as a great step forward. But losing in the latter scenario shouldn't be looked at as a failure by the coaching and players.

How the team performs, win or lose, should matter more to Kraft imo.

Sans a 2-15 record with everyone healthy, and the coordinators performing awful, I believe it'll be up to Bill if he wants to return in 2023.
What if the Pats finish 3rd in the Division?

Aren't most NFL owners already billionaires before they buy a team?

Yes, they make more billions owning the Golden goose. But having 2 billion compared to 10 billion isn't a huge difference when you think of it.

I guess I was speaking strictly within the confines of their NFL profitability

but yeah they have been with the billions. prolly for generations lmao.

What if the Pats finish 3rd in the Division?
Depends.

Are they on an upward trajectory. Jones playing at an elite level. Then Jones gets injured? I'd say finishing 3rd would be acceptable.

If everyone is healthy. The draft class contributes nothing. And their record is 3-14 or something. Well....maybe then a legit discussion about Bill's future can be had.

I just don't think Kraft has it in him to fire Bill. Whether It's deserved (Bill fired or not) is a different discussion.

My opinion is a coach who wins 6 SB's should never be pushed out the door.

Depends.

Are they on an upward trajectory. Jones playing at an elite level. Then Jones gets injured? I'd say finishing 3rd would be acceptable.

If everyone is healthy. The draft class contributes nothing. And their record is 3-14 or something. Well....maybe then a legit discussion about Bill's future can be had.

I just don't think Kraft has it in him to fire Bill. Whether It's deserved (Bill fired or not) is a different discussion.

Same situation in reverse: a 6-time SB winning coach with more money in the bank than some 3 world nations should not force the hand of an owner who has demonstrated such loyalty to himself and a clear commitment to win. He should step aside gracefully (upstairs or to an advisory role) when he recognizes he no longer is producing to the expected level. BB has too much respect for the game and BK to hang on while the team descends into mediocrity. IMO

Depends.

Kraft said it last season (we're in the business of winning) and again this season (I'm results oriented). This is a business to him. Firing isn't the only option.

Depends.

Unless there’s another -gate scandal that points right at BB he’s not getting fired.

If the team wants to move on they’ll give BB the courtesy of retiring from his job like Coughlin did from the Giants. Or they can tell BB that he will be coach only and not GM which would result in the same outcome. I think coaching is a problem right now but it has to do with what the staff looks like beyond Bill. They’re also rebuilding and need more talent. A lot more.

And I don’t need to hear from Kraft.

I'm sure that BB would be more than happy to let BK take all of the obligatory press conferences and media smoochfests too. Have at it money bags.
Realistically though, whatever PR firm is in Kraft's employ is probably suggesting he get out there.

Let's also not diminish what Bob accomplished AFTER he married the daughter of a SMALL but successful paper company. Under HIS leadership, that small company has become a LARGE international player in the paper products world. A company that is now worth BILLIONS and is now run well by all accounts, by his son (Daniel) who remains largely anonymous to fans like us.

The trope that Kraft got his money by marrying the boss's daughter is well known as a method to sh!t on the man. But is categorically wrong. Bob Kraft is a really good businessman, and despite the number of times he's done stuff that we all disagree with, has made this franchise into the success that its been during the 25 or so that he's run it.

You have to admire Kraft's commitment to fidelity. He was a virgin when he married Myra, so for 70 years he was only w/ one woman. In the last eleven years as a bachellor, he's had four women that we know of: Lander, Mingbi, Lulu, & Blumberg. Nobody can judge a man for wanting to experience the "variety is the spice of life."

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back