PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do we allow Jets threads in the Patriots Fan Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we have say 2 Jets threads max? Or should we merge all Jets threads into one Mother of All Jets Threads, thread?

========================================

Good idea, maybe one giant thread and the topic of the moment as the other, Then when someone starts a new thread on the Jets the 1st gets merged into the mega thread, maybe if it's a real fast moving thread you wait a bit.

I use Google Chrome.

This is Patsfans.com, I respect that, This is a place for all things Patriot and designed to market to Pat fans. That is a good thing.

Lots of fans from other teams come here, this is an important part of what makes this a good site. Allowing Jet/Fin/colt/charger threads helps to draw in the opposing fans and encourages them to participate, that is a good thing.

Maybe because after they wooped the Pats in week 2 they're in all our heads a little bit :eek:

:D

If feeds my latent fear that our run is over and we'll return to the 90's.

Should we have say 2 Jets threads max? Or should we merge all Jets threads into one Mother of All Jets Threads, thread?

Arbitrarily limiting the number of Green Beans threads makes no sense. Most deal with different subject matter and most are at least peripherally related to the Patriots. However, I WOULD encourage limits on the number of posts that Green Beans fans can make in the main forum.

Could Rex Ryan store all these threads in his belly button?

Re: Why Do We Allow Jet's Threads in the Patriots Fan Forum

If you do, get the Ffvb addon. It allows you to manage threads. You can highlight them, and you can ignore them, just as you can do with individual posters.

It also has a more complete "ignore" function. It will not only ignore a poster, it will wipe him off your computer (no "user on ignore..." statement). It goes further than that, in that it also ignores that poster if someone else is quoting him/her. Even better, you can do all that without having to go to the site's settings.

You can read up on it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7023/

That is a good looking add-on but I am a bit worried because when I go to add it I receive a warning that it hasn't been approved by Mozilla.

Personally, I like the latest version of IE better then all of the others but it doesn't have Add Block so Firefox it is.

As for the subject, it should be common sense. Threads during Jets week, absolutely. Updates when the Jets sign a player or have a major event. Sure. Updates about what Bart Scott says to other teams? Umm...No. I mean you could fill an entire forum with his quotes, we certainly don't need them all here. If people want to follow the jets that closely then go to Jets messageboard. We certainly don't have to replicate their messageboard in this one.

because Bart Scott said everyone wants to be a Jet. Duh.

Didn't Ian design this area to be for Patriots only threads?

Except on game week where threads of opponents come into play?

Wasn't the idea of all the sub categories to keep the non Patriots threads away?

Just asking ... seems like if you're friendly with a mod you get special treatment.

We shouldn't have Jet's threads in this area unless they specifically relate to the Patriots.

Thanks for the time.

Patriots Fan Forum
PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum - New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

NFL Football Forum
NFL Football Forum - New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

Thanks for starting another Jets thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back