Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Tebow doesn't wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Sheep count Tim Tebow touchdowns when they sleep.

Tim Tebow can win a freestyle rap battle with bible scriptures.

Scientists agree, the Big Bang was actually a Tim Tebow stiff arm.

If Tim Tebow was gay, his name would be Chuck Norris.

People with amnesia still remember Tim Tebow.

:)

The problem with Tebow is his worshipers. If this were any other player, they wouldn't follow him. It's typical "Cult of Personality" stuff. It's not Tebow people hate, it's his followers who see him as something different than the thousands of players who have gone through the NFL. To non-worshipers, he's just another flame out who couldn't make the jump.

My issue with this is the free pass he gets. I have never seen a player play this poorly and have people clamoring for him to make the team. It would be one thin g if he were some kind of rookie project but it's another altogether when it is a 4th year pro.

Typed up about 5 paragraphs and realized that I wasn't even close to being finished with my answer. Didn't feel like writing a book right now, so I've copied it to a txt file and might revisit it later.

Anyways, some of it is about Tebow directly (think he could have been very good by this point with proper development). Some of it is about the Spread/Read Option and whether it will work in the NFL (think it definitely will). Some of it is about going against and breaking away from "conventional wisdom" (it sucks). And part of all of it is a "fark them, they are wrong" belief (I still think they are).

Sabermetrics has come up a number of times, and I guess I feel like Billy Beane from Moneyball.

You know what happens when NFL types follow "conventional wisdom" ? You end up with a guy like Tom Brady getting drafted in the 6th round. Even then, perhaps the only reason he got drafted at all is because Bill Belichick doesn't do things conventionally.

Based on that I would expect you to be more of a fan of a guy like Russell Wilson, 5’11 200lb quarterback who offers rare athleticism for a QB, he is defies conventional wisdom more than Tebow by most accounts. It also appears on some level this defiance of conventional wisdom is what many GM and coaches are looking for in their next QB; in addition to Wilson, players like Robert Griffin III, Collin Kaepernick, Cam Newton, Geno Smith, and EJ Manuel are all players who have been drafted in early rounds in the last 3 drafts that do not fit into that prototypical mold of a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. What I’m trying to convey is I understand and even relate with your enjoyment for these types of QB’s, I just don’t understand why given all those other names Tebow is the one that appears to consume your attention the most.

IF?! Ahahaha. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

You’re correct that there is nothing wrong with it but just the same I don’t think Tebow is gay. I do think there is a side of Tebow that goes unrevealed to fans and media; I anticipate that someday something will be revealed about Tebow that his publicists cannot spin or that nobody would of expected, it will reconfirm that you should never judge a book by its cover.

My issue with this is the free pass he gets. I have never seen a player play this poorly and have people clamoring for him to make the team. It would be one thin g if he were some kind of rookie project but it's another altogether when it is a 4th year pro.

That’s actually my issue as well; I like many like to believe that if you work hard and do something better than your opponent you will reap the rewards of it, but when I read these posts lobbying for Tebow to make the final 53 my perception is that these posters want a player like Brandon Bolden or the handful of other players in the running for a spot on the 53 man roster should be passed over for Tebow despite them performing at a higher level. I find it hard to justify the decision to keep Tebow, he does not fill a position of need, he is the 64th oldest player on the current roster so he doesn’t fit into that untapped potential segment as much as others, he hasn’t lived up to where he was taken in the draft, and I cannot really identify a specific contribution that he could add to this team in 2013.

Tim Tebow doesn't wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Sheep count Tim Tebow touchdowns when they sleep.

Tim Tebow can win a freestyle rap battle with bible scriptures.

Scientists agree, the Big Bang was actually a Tim Tebow stiff arm.

If Tim Tebow was gay, his name would be Chuck Norris.

People with amnesia still remember Tim Tebow.

:)

Tim Tebow: I don't always drink beer, but when I do, Tim Tebow prefers O'Douls.

Based on that I would expect you to be more of a fan of a guy like Russell Wilson, 5’11 200lb quarterback who offers rare athleticism for a QB, he is defies conventional wisdom more than Tebow by most accounts. It also appears on some level this defiance of conventional wisdom is what many GM and coaches are looking for in their next QB; in addition to Wilson, players like Robert Griffin III, Collin Kaepernick, Cam Newton, Geno Smith, and EJ Manuel are all players who have been drafted in early rounds in the last 3 drafts that do not fit into that prototypical mold of a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. What I’m trying to convey is I understand and even relate with your enjoyment for these types of QB’s, I just don’t understand why given all those other names Tebow is the one that appears to consume your attention the most.

Many Tebow fans (not saying Demo) like Tim because of his outspoken faith.

Which I find interesting... because Colin Kaep, Russell Wilson and RG3 are also very outspoken about their faith...plus of course they are much better QB's at every aspect of the game.

Many Tebow fans (not saying Demo) like Tim because of his outspoken faith.

Which I find interesting... because Colin Kaep, Russell Wilson and RG3 are also very outspoken about their faith...plus of course they are much better QB's at every aspect of the game.

I'm shocked i tell ya, Shocked :eek::rolleyes: 91 to go.

Sabermetrics has come up a number of times, and I guess I feel like Billy Beane from Moneyball.

Sabermetric stats are useless in football. There's a reason why football doesn't have a Billy Beane and never will.

It's too much of a team sport and there are way too many variables and 1-on-many matchups that go on in a game at the same time for those kinds of stats to have any tangible meaning.

It's not even close to the same as baseball which is much simpler, a sequence of of one on one matchups.

You’re correct that there is nothing wrong with it but just the same I don’t think Tebow is gay. I do think there is a side of Tebow that goes unrevealed to fans and media; I anticipate that someday something will be revealed about Tebow that his publicists cannot spin or that nobody would of expected, it will reconfirm that you should never judge a book by its cover.

....like a PED bust.

Personally I would not be shocked to hear Tim's name connected to PEDs someday, either as a current or recent user...or someone who used in the past. And I'm not the first to feel that way.

I'll leave it at that.

Tebow does a lot of great things for sick kids, but he isn't perfect off the field either. He's human. I don't have dirt on him. Everyone has skeletons in the closet. But there's people and a few here that would be overjoyed to hear about any dirt on the guy.

What going to happen when tebow is Cut..... :behindsofa: Oh the Humanity

Yes... this "virus" that is probably accountable for 5% of the posts in the Tebow only thread....

That may have been true at one point but the virus (Tebowites) has attached itself to the host cell (Patsfans.com) and we are now infected.

virus-human-lytic.gif

....like a PED bust.

Personally I would not be shocked to hear Tim's name connected to PEDs someday, either as a current or recent user...or someone who used in the past. And I'm not the first to feel that way.

I'll leave it at that.

I doubt this. I think he looks natural. I've seen film of him in high school and now recent. Comparing the progression. I am suspicious of some other guys but not Tebow. But I'm definitely not getting the sense that Tebow is a user.

I was just as upfront with people there as I have been here at Patsfans. Tebow brought me here, to be sure, but I root for the team. As time goes by, ties will get deeper, the same way it happens with many others.

So correct me if I'm wrong...Last August you were rooting for the Jets and now you are rooting for the Patriots? :confused:

:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick