• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should Tebow be cut?

Should they? I dunno, hard to defend him after last night. I'm 50/50.

Will they? I still think they won't, I think he'll get a full season here.

Do I want them to? No, because I like the kid and I believe he's the sort of player who can and does elevate his play and the play of those around him during game time. Stat heads and fantasy football experts heads explode over the concept of a 'gamer' but here's all the ***** I give:

My point exactly. We need a lot more help at TE then we do QB. My point was mainly that we need to use Tebow's athleticism and not his throwing arm. Whether or not that's FB, TE, etc...

Tebow has shown no ability to play Te. To think he'll waltz in and play better than people who've spent half their lives playing Te is delusional. Teblow can't even play his own position. Maybe hooman should play qb. He's a good athlete I'm sure he could pick it up. That's how stupid teblow to Te is.

Tebow certainly seems to work hard, but he really has no practical place on this team. While teams are getting into running pistol and read-option schemes, it makes no sense to take Brady out of the game to run that type of offense.

It was good to have him around last night to play after Mallett got knocked out of the game, but all he's doing in the long run is taking reps away from Mallett.

I would rather have his roster spot go to another player who will be useful on special teams and in a backup role. Let's face it, if Brady goes down for an extended length of time, it's all over for the year. Mallett is not Cassel and he doesn't have the same pieces around him that Cassel had.

No, but there is evidence that he is athletic enough to change games and make plays.

You should go back and re-watch Tebow's last game as a starter. His athleticism did nothing to change that game; what did show for the world to see is his one-dimensionalism.
Tebow's a one-trick pony and no NFL-caliber defense is going to lose to him after his exposure in 2011.
I'd rather keep Blount, who's "athletic enough" as well, but unlike Tebow, can actually succeed at his position.
There is no current body of evidence to suggest that Tebow can be converted to some other position. Why not make him a center, a linebacker or a place-kicker? He sure is athletic enough! :bricks:

Mallett was injured lest you forget. They were clearly playing it safe.

That's their screw up then. They should have a third qb who can actually play a little bit. Tebow ******s the development of wrs and tes. Teblow there I said it. No way they waste a roster spot on him. I guess they could use him as a tackling dummy for the next week or two.

my personal opinion: I say keep him and develop him.

Tom Brady Has Enjoyed Playing with Tim Tebow, Thinks Backup Quarterback Has Done ?Good Job? | New England Patriots | NESN.com

small except from article: “He’s been on a few different teams. He’s run some different style offenses. He’s done a good job,” Brady said. “He’s come in here and Josh [McDaniels] has had some familiarity with him, coaching him in Denver. He’s come in and just tried to do the best that he can do.”

I'd say cut him unless you can manage to get him to switch to a FB thats a threat to throw anytime he's out there.. otherwise... bleh.. he's not a QB, that much is painfully obvious.

Pure shocker.:eek:

small except from article: “He’s been on a few different teams. He’s run some different style offenses. He’s done a good job,” Brady said. “He’s come in here and Josh [McDaniels] has had some familiarity with him, coaching him in Denver. He’s come in and just tried to do the best that he can do.”

He is trying to do the best he can do just like anyone from this forum would if put on the team.

Go away already.

First off I say it's too early yet to make a determination but I don't like the idea of 3 QBs. Secondly, why don't these Tebow fanatics just make a Tebow fan board instead of coming here and cluttering up a Patriots fan site with polls about the 3rd string QB??? I like the kid, he seems like a humble hard working kid but his fanatics are nauseating.

I've actually grown to like the guy.:angel: As long as he's not taking a more valuable roster spot, and BB will change that when/if needed. The teammates seem to like him. He's kinda like a second mascot.:cheer2: I used to loath him when he came to the NFL because of the over hype. I could do without the obsession of some, but overall I have no problem with him being here. Am I waiting for him to play during a reg season game?:flypig: NO. Let the cards fall where they may. EDIT: Oh yea, we got him pretty cheaply, with no guaranteed $.

his fanatics are nauseating.

Thank god they are such idiot drones. Imagine if these Teblowits actually tried to fight back. Not that they have any ammo or anything.

Tom Brady Has Enjoyed Playing with Tim Tebow, Thinks Backup Quarterback Has Done ?Good Job? | New England Patriots | NESN.com

He sucks. He can't be developed. Brady is being nice you think he's going to say what a joke teblow is?

oK After reading some of these posts, I'm willing to concede my thinking really needs adjustment, especially with the amount of RBs it would be nice to have on the roster right now...

I do still see Tebow as:
-High Character
-Hard Working
-Not good at any particularly one thing
-Pretty versatile athletically
-Presumably pretty smart (though I'm not really sure on this point, honestly)

That still sounds like a Patriots guy to me. But because he's technically a QB, just being versatile, hard working, and high character might not be enough as it would if he was some sort of project TE/WR or something.

I guess now I have to think about whether we're applying different rules because he's a QB, or because he is Tebow, and if either makes sense for lapse in consistency. Or maybe there's no different rules at all and I want him to work because I think with time he'll legitimately get a lot better.
He's not shown an aptitude for the position. He sucks. No evidence he can "be developed". Quite the contrary. No room on a 53 for a terrible player who is hopeless but a nice guy. Maybe Jesus is telling him his place is not in the NFL. Cause he sucks.

That's their screw up then. They should have a third qb who can actually play a little bit. Tebow ******s the development of wrs and tes. Teblow there I said it. No way they waste a roster spot on him. I guess they could use him as a tackling dummy for the next week or two.

Camp arm...

Camp arm...

If they wanted someone to just be a camp arm, why not bring in Peter Lalich? Sure he's been a bit of an idiot in the past, but if it was just to fill the roster why not give him a shot.

There again, I don't think even the terrible teams have given him a shot so he's got no chance at all in the league thanks to his previous idiocy.

We had Kafka as a camp arm. He ran the offense that was developed for Brady. The receivers would have gotten real practice from a quarterback running the same plays as they might be called on to perform should they make the team. Not so with Tebow, who has his own set of plays.

Camp arm...

The brain trust signed Tebow. On that alone, I am good with the signing. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. Hopefully, BB & co are smarter than the rest of us and this works out.

We had Kafka as a camp arm. He ran the offense that was developed for Brady. The receivers would have gotten real practice from a quarterback running the same plays as they might be called on to perform should they make the team. Not so with Tebow, who has his own set of plays.

Needless to say, Mallet or Tebow, will never be Brady's successor... Which begs the question of how does the Patriots find that person? Realistically, Brady has 2-3yrs left. So, grooming a QB needs to start sooner rather than later...

Is 2014 draft the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes