PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did Theo fire Ron Jackson??????

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Why did the Sox get rid of one of the best hitting coaches in baseball? No one is calling Theo or the Sox FO for this. Seriosly, the sox hitters were awesome when he was the HC. Magadan sucks. Magadan was FIRED from the Padres, one of the worst hitting teams. and so what does THeo do? He hires him to be the HC of one of baseball's best franchises.

Also, Dave Wallace was good too, wasn't he?

someone please fill me in on what happened here.

Last edited:
Eh, if we see a more prolonged offensive drought then I think people will start calling Epstein out on that one. As of right now, though, I think people are a little hesitant to call out the Boy Wonder due to the fact that he helped assemble the roster that got us our first two World Series wins since 1918.

Eh, if we see a more prolonged offensive drought then I think people will start calling Epstein out on that one. As of right now, though, I think people are a little hesitant to call out the Boy Wonder due to the fact that he helped assemble the roster that got us our first two World Series wins since 1918.

something's not adding up for me. the red sox were a hitting machine. then he let go their hitting coach, who to my understanding, was a respectable individual and did his job superbly. i must be missing something here. we LOST what would have been a 3rd WS if the sox hitters showed up in game 7 last year against TB.

Theo DID his job by bringing 2 WS but the past is the past. he's not and should not be immune to criticism. i don't live in boston but if i were you guys i would rake the sox management over coals right now.

Why did the Sox get rid of one of the best hitting coaches in baseball? No one is calling Theo or the Sox FO for this. Seriosly, the sox hitters were awesome when he was the HC. Magadan sucks. Magadan was FIRED from the Padres, one of the worst hitting teams. and so what does THeo do? He hires him to be the HC of one of baseball's best franchises.[

2006 they were 13th in hits, 6th in HRs, 7th in RBIs, 5th in strike outs, 13th in batting avg., 7th in slugging %age.

2005 they were 1st in hists, 5th in HRs, 1st in RBIs, 3rd in strike outs, 1st in batting avg., 2nd in slugging %age. With the exception of strike outs 2006 saw a DROP in offensive numbers for the team, which directly cost them games that they needed to win late in the year when guys were clearly not responding to him.

He was "beloved" but they weren't hitting like they needed them to. He wasn't doing his job the way they needed him to do, so they didn't renew his contract.

Also, Dave Wallace was good too, wasn't he?

someone please fill me in on what happened here.

2006 they had more innings pitched, less wins, less saves, higher ERA, gave up more hits, runs, earned runs, walks- all more than the year before Their only bright spot was more strike outs in 2006 than the year before. That's also alongside the injuries that Wallace couldn't work around that they have been able to do since then.

Both failed to fix the problems that they had been able to do the years before, which cost them not only games but the playoffs as well.

Last edited:
He was "beloved" but they weren't hitting like they needed them to. He wasn't doing his job the way they needed him to do, so they didn't renew his contract.

That and they wanted consistency in their program from the rookie league on up to the major league. Papa Jack was different and they wanted consistency so that each step of the ladder would be an easier transition for their stars. Hard to argue with that as the program is working well.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back