PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did LT give an attitude? (Calls out BB : Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
joe theismann was on espn radio...said LT was right for defending his teamates and PATS also got emotional and werent wrong either

this whole thing will be treated like the "we had protection problems" comment by manning because a media darling and high profile player made the comment and will be pushed aside and you will see more people on media (specifically ESPN) think LT was right than wrong because they need their good faith to conduct interviews etc...just so obvious

sorry f I repeat something here (as much as I would love to and probably will eventually read every one of theses 25 pages of posts).
what a Jack-@$$ and dumb turd!!!
I like most here, respected LT and he has had most likely the greatest single season by a RB in history, but come on. When you have a dance that you named and do to show up your opponents (merriman) how is that not classless???? Has Marty not stopped that all season???? what kind of coach does that make him?
Being classy isnt having to tell everyone how great you are. and to attack one of the greatest coaches of all time is no place to start, by defending your whiny @$$.
Hobbs was out of line if he was doing that (but that is hobbs, and he has always been flamboyant). I have never liked him doing that stuff, but if you were truly classy, you would be above that, shake the guys hands that beat you in a team game and move on.
Sorry LT, you have lost my respect. May you never win that ring, as much as I love the baby blue uniforms!

here is hobb's response

http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/843510/detail.html
"You've got to understand the situation we were in. We were hearing it all week. These guys were setting up for parades. They got scouts scouting the NFC already. They were ready for the Super Bowl already and that was a disrespect toward us -- just basically counting us out of the game.

"Everything was against us. Like I said, I didn't mean any disrespect toward the organization. But everything was just out of emotion ...

"When you're playing a game like that, you put your whole heart and soul into it. 'You try to win. You're just mentally and physically the toughest team out there that day."

mike ditka says patriots were classless and they are the patriots and they will get away with it

Last edited:
This just in, from the ever-entertaining PFT:

LTBaby.jpg

Re: LT is a whiny scumbag and has NO CLASS

I don't care how respected he is, or rather, how respected you claim he is, it was classless of him to call out Belichick. Period.
LT. You lost, get over it. Stop trying to be all offended. And who the f*ck are you to call out BB? Why dont you look at your own head coach is you want to see a loser.

So in addition to the dancing at midfield, there's also the shouting into the Chargers' locker room...

Is this what you guys call acting "like you've been there before"?
Video footage

Looks to me like BB had absolutely no problem with it.

:rolleyes:

Re: More from PFT

More from PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

L.T. TAKES SWIPE AT BELICHICK

The guy whom many have suggested should be the face of the NFL showed a little of his ass on Sunday.

Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson appeared to be pissed off about something as he left the field following the Patriots' stunning come-from-behind win in San Diego. He was asked about the situation in the locker room.

"[Y]es, I was upset," Tomlinson said. "Very upset. When you go to the middle of our field and you start doing the dance that Shawne Merriman is known for, that's disrespectful to me and I can't sit there and watch that. And so yeah, I was very upset. And just the fact the way they showed no class at all, absolutely no class, and maybe it comes from the head coach. There you have it."

No class? Hey, L.T., maybe it's just us, but we haven't seen many news items this year about Patriots players taking nandro or buying up the key ingreidient for "purple drank" and shipping it to Houston or getting into shoot-outs with cops or being investigated for importing knock-off athletic shoes that would then be sold to U.S. suckers at full price or driving drunk or doing any of the other things that various members of your team did this year.

And we're not defending Bill Belichick here. We don't like the whole cut-off hoodie look, and not many others do. Though we think that too much was made of him grabbing that photographer last week after beating the Jets, it definitely was something he shouldn't have done.

But there's never been a question about the Patriots being anything other than classy.

So does mimicking Shawne Merriman's "lights out" dance cross the line after the Pats turned the "lights out" on the Chargers' season? What the hell is the difference between the two? Is L.T. saying it's okay for Merriman to show up an opponent with that Tourette's patient on speed routine after making a play because he thought it up first?

It's a stupid argument, and it was a stupid thing for Tomlinson to say.

He wasn't upset because the Patriots were celebrating, he was upset because the Chargers lost, and because his storybook season ended a couple of chapters short.

But there's an epilogue in this one, in Hawaii. And if the Pats should lose to the Colts next week, the head coach of L.T.'s team will be Bill Belichick.

So in addition to the dancing at midfield, there's also the shouting into the Chargers' locker room...

Video footage

We HAVE been "there" before - we don't have to "act" like it.

Re: LT Pissed

Um...speaking of class. People who have it, don't talk about having it and others not having it.

And what do you think Merriman's doing a little dance after he makes a routine tackle is? Not showing up the other team?

Well this is exactly it......LT is a sore ***ed loser and that is the bottom line. Last year, SD players including LT shook their ***es all around foxboro after beating us....and went on to say alot more crap in their locker room......then this past week, Merriman and Philips are going on and on yapping about how bad they are going to beat us.....and even CLUELESS MARTY got into the game delving in to why wouldn't win in SD.......Merriman did that stupid dance several times yesterday....Hobbs mimicked it at the 50 after the game.....big deal.....get over yourself LT...and like someone else said....you might want to take a look at your OWN coach rather than hurl insults at Belichick........unreal

PS...Do you think LT was one of those kids when he lost a game ...would cry and take his ball and go home? I can kind of see that

Re: WOW LT calls out BB

I am not being sour. You guys beat us and have scoreboard. But how can you try and rip Merriman with impunity when you guys EMPLOY a person that did the same thing. He cheated just the same. And using the excuse that he's "just a punter" is faulty logic. Say whatever you want about other parts of the game, but pulling the juice card like you're not as guilty with one of your players is being hypocritical. It is the very definition of it.

This guy is a band aid punter for us that SERVED HIS TIME if I recall correctly.......refresh my memory....what kind of "sentence" did Merriman serve?

Video footage

Do you know that for sure? Does LT? Comments from a guy who came on this board to talk trash this week and got had his team's ass handed to him. I read your comments on your own board this week as well. Who's delusional now? Enjoy the Pro Bowl. On to Indy.

Video footage

Wow. That was really difficult to watch. Players congratulating one another and shouting and yelling in celebration. Embarrassing behavior to be sure. We apologize...for winning.

Wow. That was really difficult to watch. Players congratulating one another and shouting and yelling in celebration. Embarrassing behavior to be sure. We apologize...for winning.

That's what I think these chumps want....us to apologize for standing in the way of their Superbowl Run. I can't believe these guys aren't even the slightest bit embarrassed about what babies they are acting like.

On the Saurbraun/Merriman thing, doesn't anyone think it's just a tad significant that Merriman cheated while he was on the Colts. Saurbraun was not on the patriots when he cheated.

This to me is a major distinction. It's entirely different to sign a guy that has cheated in the past then it is for a guy to cheat while he's on your team. Whatever Saurbraun has done in the past to give himself an unfair edge, the Patriots never enjoyed the benefits of it.

You charger fans who are trying to equate the two: Can you say the same about Merriman?

Holy cow, the smoking gun.

Players happy about winning on the way to their locker room. What a bunch of animals.

Charger fans -- you're coming off as pathetic. Really, now.

I just watched the video too.

I think they were celebrating on the grassy knoll, myself.

(Charger fans, if you SERIOUSLY think this was a classless display, I honestly have no words for how unbelievably pathetic you are being.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back