PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are we playing the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the crazy part, not only that they both won their division 8 out of 10 years, but the 2 years they didn't it was their turn to play our division anyways. I don't think non-division opponents have ever played each other this many consecutive years though I could be wrong

funny thing is that even if the patriots hadn't been scheduled to play the afc south in 2003 and 2009, they still would have played the colts because the colts finished 2nd in the afc south in 2002 and 2008.

The conspiracy theorists always seem to grasp at something, even if they realize that every single game played is based on a formula.

For example, I live in Dolphins territory and some of their fans think it is a pro-NE conspiracy as to WHEN they play, that playing NE in NE in week 17 is the worst possible time for them weather-wise, whereas NE is at Miami December 2, destroying their "warm weather advantage" they would get if the game were in Miami in hot and Muggy September.

Then I remind them of their 0-7 start last year, and that their home opener was vs. NE, and Brady passed for >500 yards when the Miami defense looked gassed, not NE.

I really shouldn't try to reason with Dolphins fans. It's futile. They resemble Jets fans, but just with a tan.

The conspiracy theorists always seem to grasp at something, even if they realize that every single game played is based on a formula.

For example, I live in Dolphins territory and some of their fans think it is a pro-NE conspiracy as to WHEN they play, that playing NE in NE in week 17 is the worst possible time for them weather-wise, whereas NE is at Miami December 2, destroying their "warm weather advantage" they would get if the game were in Miami in hot and Muggy September.

Then I remind them of their 0-7 start last year, and that their home opener was vs. NE, and Brady passed for >500 yards when the Miami defense looked gassed, not NE.

I really shouldn't try to reason with Dolphins fans. It's futile. They resemble Jets fans, but just with a tan.

Clearly they were all so traumatized by week 1 of last season that they just blocked it out entirely.

I'm always amazed by the sheer amount of people who don't realize that NFL schedules are determined by a formula that was devised in 2002.
Well, we're in the deep jungle here where naked native women, piña coladas, and parrots dominate.

No, I just forgot that this was AFCS year. I was really trying to ax about all the other matchups. Now I know.

funny thing is that even if the patriots hadn't been scheduled to play the afc south in 2003 and 2009, they still would have played the colts because the colts finished 2nd in the afc south in 2002 and 2008.
Now THAT is weird. That is Rod Serling weird.

Considering they both won their division almost every year for the the last decade, this isn't that unusual. Although I think in 2009, the Pats wouldn't have played them if the AFC East didn't play the AFC South. So that was a coincidence.

Actually, no fluke there either.

In 2008, the Pats (w/o Brady) finished second behind the Dolphins in the division.

2008 was also the year the Titans flirted with an undefeated season (13-0) and won their division, putting the Colts in second.

Since they finished with the same divisional ranking, they would have played each other the following year (2009).

So then the only way the Dolphins fans would be happy is if both of their games against the Patriots BOTH were scheduled in September? Not gonna happen, sorry Fins fans.

So then the only way the Dolphins fans would be happy is if both of their games against the Patriots BOTH were scheduled in September? Not gonna happen, sorry Fins fans.

Well, to be fair they point out that this year BOTH are in December, which is also strange.

Of course the anti-tanking scheduling rule, with more intradivision games in weeks 16 and 17, makes the "both in December" scenario a lot more likely.

THIS.

It wasn't done on purpose by the schedulers. We play the AFC South every 4 years.... and the Colts are in the AFC South.

Isn't it once every three years?

Each team already has their own division year-in-and-year-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes