PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would you take...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainefan said:
Wait a minute. Wait just a minute. I'm still trying to get my head around the preposterous and unbelievable notion that BB/SP would ask my opinion.

In way, that question puts us all in our place. What do we really know about ANY of these guys? Oh, we've read statistics, we've read some evaluations and we've seen a little film, but BB/SP have watched them all close up. They've talked to them. They've read about their childhoods and their adolescence. They've seen every foot of film on them that exist, and probably rerun some of it again and again. They've talked to people who've worked with them and played with them. They've studied them practically under a microscope.

Someone on these boards implied, the other day, that if we studied our potential spouses with such care--before taking the plunge--the divorce rate would be cut in half. I think there's something to that.

At any rate, what I'm saying is that these are the circumstances in which we must trust BB/SP. They have at least three advantages over the rest of us: 1) A mountain of information, compared to our molehill, 2) The brains and insight to judge, plan and comprehend the possibilities and 3) The courage to make their choices on National TV, in full view of their fans and critics.

All that said, I want Manny Lawson :)
Nice ending! :rofl:

Well, I am certainly going to keep my cell phone nearby throughout the day. Since it is entirely concievable in my mind that locked in an inexorable debate on who to take that they will call me up to make sure the pick gets in on time.

So

Lawson (Fellow Engineer) > Wimbley > Carpenter.

If they are all off the board,

Ty Hill > Kelly Jennings > Richard Marshall

unless they are all off the board as well

then take

Vernon Davis.

"Kiwi" has BUST written all over him. BC produces skilled O-Linemen but think of the overrated busts of late like Hovan and Mamula...

Kiwi was just awful in the one on one drills against Ferguson at the Senior Bowl and guess what, most of the guys he'll face in the NFL will be nearly as big and mean. Don't be surprised to see him go in the third round, unless, of course, Detroit picks him. But they don't really count...

Anyway... my pick would be to trade down and if that won't work then take one of the remaining DB's like Marshall, Hill, Cromartie, maybe even Jimmy Williams if we can get him to sign a "I will not turn into TO or Charles Woodson" statement where he agrees to return his signing bonus if he does go to the darkside!:singing:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand