PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would be our best trading partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who would be the most likely trading partner for us if we decided to trade #21 and go to the 2nd round?

In my view SF would be the most likely. They are in the top part of the second round and have an extra 3rd rounder.

Who else??

Russia, our last trade worked out pretty well.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Russia, our last trade worked out pretty well.

Who did we get? I thought that Igor went to SD.

How about the Texans? They have the 1st two picks in the 3rd round. Maybe trade our 1st and a 5th rounder for the Texans 2nd and one of their 3rd rounders. According to the trade value chart, it works out pretty well.

Pats get: #33 (580) and #66 (260) - 840 total points
Texans get: #21 (800) and #136 (38) - 838 total points

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

Teams with multiple 2nd or 3rd round picks:

Minny: 48, 51 and 83
Houston: 33, 65, 66, and 98 (1st pick in 4th round)
Buffalo: 42, 70, 73
Jets: 29 (late 1st), 35, 71, 97 (comp pick)
Pats: 52, 75, 86

I dont see Minny giving up both 48 and 51 to move up to 21.
The Jets could possibly want to move up from 29, which would probably cost them their early 4th or swapping 29+35 for 21+52.

Other than that, if the Pats were to move out of the 1st round, we'd be looking at some picks in 2007. Who would be willing to do that? That depends on the available players. The last 3 teams to give up their future #1s all did it for a QB. So if Cutler was to slip to 21, it could happen. But I serously doubt Cutler slips that far.

This would lead to the conclusion that whatever moves are made, they'll probably be minor positioning involving day 2 picks in 2006 and/or 2007.

i think we will trade with either carolina or indy who will wnat t try to get a RB then maybe get even crazier (if the LB we want falls) and trade down again to the beganing ofh te 2nd round picking up a ton of picks

It is conceivable that Indy would want to trade up to get a shot at RB Williams. I've read that the Giants think Williams is almost a clone of Tiki. Giants pick #25. Maybe they'd like to secure #21 just to block the Dolts.
Too early to get a good read on it though.

If we trade with Indy, my head will explode.

What do they have to offer us?

their picks

A.C Vegas said:
their picks

Which ones?

Don't want to offer them a damn thing unless it makes us much better than them.

I don't see any 1st round moves by us unless its down a few and improve our position in rd 2. After the first round is in the books I see us moving up and down quite a bit to target certain players...... :rocker:

It depends on who we'd be trading down to target. If we want to trade down and then take an OLB, we can't trade that far. There are 3-5 teams after us in the first round who are quite likely to take an OLB, some of those teams also playing a 3-4. If we trade down to round 2, it's fairly likely the guys some of us would like will be gone.

Feep who are these players you see us moving up and down to "target"?????

PATSNUTme said:
Who did we get? I thought that Igor went to SD.
He did indeed. As I recall my history, it was an Al Aska...

Our first pick is worth almost exactly their (INDY) first 2 picks.
They get tiny Deangelo Williams we get Carpenter and Stovall.

Last edited:
Would Pats want to trade up

Pats 21, 52 and 85 for Rams 11

Rams would probably do it. They need a SLB, two backup DT's, a backup DE, a TE and an OG or C. They only have three first day picks now.

I'm not sure if the Pats would have a clear target at 11. Most of the mocks list these players gone: Bush, M Williams, D Ferguson, Hawk, V Davis and the three QB's. Most have Ngata or Bunkley and Huff getting picked next. Some of the more recent ones have Justice.

Two of Ngata, Bunkley, Huff and Justice would be available, Tye Hill, Jimmy Williams, all of the LB's after Hawk, all the WR's, and the second best RB. Several of these guys might drop to 21 too.

BUMP. Now that Denver just stole my trade with SF. I'm now looking at Houston as a POSSIBLE trading patner. They have two third rounders.

A.C Vegas said:
i think we will trade with either carolina or indy who will wnat t try to get a RB then maybe get even crazier (if the LB we want falls) and trade down again to the beganing ofh te 2nd round picking up a ton of picks

We already have a ton of picks who won't all make the roster. It's time to CONSOLIDATE with a couple trades that turn quantity into quality!

Feep_FLA said:
I don't see any 1st round moves by us unless its down a few and improve our position in rd 2. After the first round is in the books I see us moving up and down quite a bit to target certain players...... :rocker:

I agree. Take your Dramamine before rounds 3-6!

shakadave said:
We already have a ton of picks who won't all make the roster. It's time to CONSOLIDATE with a couple trades that turn quantity into quality!

I'm not sure I agree. We have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds and there are EASILY 5 roster spots available just between WR, TE, RB and LB. That doesn't even include a backup QB, Kicker, and depth at DL, OL, DB and ST. Some of these will be filled via FA, I'm sure. But nobody ever hits 100% in the draft, so I would fully expect the Pats to keep at least 5 of those 6 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3