PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will the pats take with the 15th overall pick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will the patriots take with the 15th overall pick?

• Total voters
Since I sure as hell don't want Mac Jones, I'm going to say Micah Parsons or Patrick Surtain--unless Jamarr Chase falls.

Surtain is McCourty's replacement.

Parsons is going to be the kind of difference maker you saw for the Bucs last night.

Mac Jones is a great college QB, a winner, highly accurate, knows his football. He does not have an NFL arm. Best dream scenario for Mac Jones is that he eventually becomes Chad Pennington.
There is only one Tom Brady. Chad Pennington was a good, winning NFL QB with a weakened arm due to his shoulder injuries — he made the Jetes and LOLphins winners, that takes a lot! It was when his should completely fell apart afterwards that he wasn’t effective anymore. If Mac Jones can be as good as that Chad Pennington without the injury issues, we should be so lucky.

There is only one Tom Brady. Chad Pennington was a good, winning NFL QB with a weakened arm due to his shoulder injuries — he made the Jetes and LOLphins winners, that takes a lot! It was when his should completely fell apart afterwards that he wasn’t effective anymore. If Mac Jones can be as good as that Chad Pennington without the injury issues, we should be so lucky.
In today's NFL, a QB with a weak arm isn't winning you Super Bowls.

Is there a space eating D lineman who can also get pressure available in the draft? Those seem like unicorns these days.

I got Bill taking either a Rutgers CB or D2 DL at 15.

If you aren’t landing a top tier qb prospect take the best player available I guess. I don’t really follow college football but the TE from Florida looks like a beast.

I am not sure how people can still be down on Jones. The dude lit up senior bowl week. Nothing but rave reviews by coaches and scouts alike. Keywords being, Intelligent, processes information quickly leading to quick decisions, pin point accuracy, great anticipation, a leader and an alpha on the field. The dude has as good a chance as being a winner in the NFL as anyone else coming out at the position.

I would take him over anyone but Lawrence and maybe Wilson, and only reason I doubt Wilson is the character issues brought up towards the end of the year. I will take the leader and team player with all the other traits being equal over simply a strong arm.

Leaf, Mirer, George, Russel etc...all had strong arms. They lacked character and leadership. And anyone who ever rooted for Bledsoe should know that having a strong arm can be just as much as a hindrance as it can a positive trait.

Lance is intriguing but not worth the risk, IMO. And I want zero part of Fields.

2015 noodle arm Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl. The only thing we can say for certain is that in today‘s NFL, Tom Brady wins Super Bowls.
If that' what we're striving for, why not trade a 7th for Nathan Peterman?

If Pitts is available... Take him.

Pitts made Florida an almost viable NC contender...

He opted out of floridas bowl game..

Fla got smeared.

I foresee that everyone mentioned above aside from Jones will be gone at 15. So a trade down and then draft a DB that no one has ever heard of from a school that no one has ever heard of.

15's a bad spot, hopefully someone is left there that some other team wants, otherwise BB will be forced to reach for someone.

I forsee whoever Bill takes he will not satisfy everyone on the board. There will be an explosion by some calling for his head. :oops:

I want BB to take the BPA, regardless of position. Furthermore, I want BB to go the conventional route and take the guy that experts would agree to be the BPA, not go with his own intuition or recommendations from his buddies. Lastly, I do not want him to trade down at all. Enough of that "we want to get as many sixth round picks as we can" crap, pick a high quality player who should be picked at 15 instead.

I keep running diff scenarios in my head and of course if there is a major slide on a qb talent that we like, the obvious answer is to move up a few spots and take him. However it is hard to tell if any qbs outside the top 2-3 would be "worth it" for Pats and co in the 10-15 range.

With that said I keep coming back to LB Micah Parsons, who might be the best overall defender in the draft. No telling if he's there at 15 but if he is..I do believe he would have an immediate and significant impact on the team.

If not then I see a Tackle or CB being taken at 15.

I want to be wrong and see them take Pitts or take the best available qb but I just can't convince myself BB would do it.

Probably Patrick Surtain via recommendation from Saban. Your CBs will make or break you in this NFL.

Gilmore is gone.

Probably Patrick Surtain via recommendation from Saban. Your CBs will make or break you in this NFL.

Gilmore is gone.
If we are looking for a CB i like Horn as well. He might be available in a trade down scenario.

I don’t think the big 3 WRs (Chase, Waddle, Smith) will fall. I’d probably go with one of Barmore, Pitts, Zach Wilson (if he falls), or Freirmuth. I think Bill will have some heavy interest in Barmore if he’s sitting there at 15.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back