PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who suspended JJ and JM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

50-yard-line

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
In the thread about the Patriots' website to counter the WElls Report, a lot was made of the Patriots decision to suspend these two . One poster even said that this was some of the pushback he was receiving in other places, as in: why'd the Pats suspend them if they didn't do anything wrong?

Others in that thread pointed out that it's SOP in many instances.

I want to point out, separately, that we don't even know who suspended them, or under what orders.

First this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-equipment-assistant-suspended-indefinitely/

Starts off with this:

"As part of the league’s announcement of the punishment of the team and Tom Brady for #DeflateGate, the Patriots admitted that “employees John Jastremski and James McNally have been indefinitely suspended without pay by the club, effective on May 6th.”"

Sounds like the Pats did it...well, sort of. But two paragraphs later, we have this:

"The league announced that neither can be reinstated without league executive vice president Troy Vincent’s approval, and spells out that: “If they are reinstated by the Patriots, Jastremski is prohibited from having any role in the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs to be used in NFL games during the 2015 season. McNally is barred from serving as a locker room attendant for the game officials, or having any involvement with the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs or any other equipment on game day.”"

The league is dictating this, clearly.

And this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-deflategate

"The NFL also indefinitely suspended the two equipment staffers believed to have carried out the plan, including one who called himself "The Deflator.""

I know that a lot of people are arguing all over FB and other places about this and are getting hit with this concern (I did, too),

Well if it's information that has to be cleared up, the NFL has no precedent to clarify anything that would benefit the Patriots. i.e. make them look good.

The texts opened up a can of worms that puts them in a bad spot regardless of the validity of DeflateGate. The "F*** Tom," talk of intentionally over inflating balls, and what appears to be a scheme to steal team shoes are all valid reasons for the team to take diciplinary action.

Here's the thing, though. Neither employee was a full-time employee. In the Patriot's attorney's response to the Wells report, he makes it quite clear that McNally has a full-time job, and that he took time off from his work to give testimony. It's also mentioned that he wasn't expected to be back with the Patriots until August, which infers, at least to my understanding, that's he's a part-time employee, who is only there for either the season, or just for games. That being said, the other fellow, John Jastremski would seem to be a similar case.

The rebuttal is quite damning of the NFL front office thug monkeys, and goes a long way towards disputing not only the Wells report in it's entirety, but also towards showing the whole affair for what it really is: An attempt to defame and tarnish the Patriots and Tom Brady for not buying into the idea of "parity".

The texts opened up a can of worms that puts them in a bad spot regardless of the validity of DeflateGate. The "F*** Tom," talk of intentionally over inflating balls, and what appears to be a scheme to steal team shoes are all valid reasons for the team to take diciplinary action.

If you read the Patriots Attorney's response to the report, you'll see that the moniker "deflator" came because his job was to take the new footballs and purposely deflate them, then fill them full. He did this twice for each ball, and then, when it was full, would "deflate" it to get to the 12.5psi that Brady liked. he wasn't intentionally deflating the balls to bring them under the limits. Rather, the only way to accurately get to near where the level desired is, is to start with a higher psi and then slowly reduce it.

That makes an immense amount of sense, and shows that Wells and his flunkies took what was said out of contect and read it the way they WANTED to read it, and not how it was intended.

If I had two employees texting stupid **** and caused me to lose a million, get my 1st and 4th taken, and get my QB suspended. I would have hired someone to deflate the crap out of them after I fired them!

If you read the Patriots Attorney's response to the report, you'll see that the moniker "deflator" came because his job was to take the new footballs and purposely deflate them, then fill them full. He did this twice for each ball, and then, when it was full, would "deflate" it to get to the 12.5psi that Brady liked. he wasn't intentionally deflating the balls to bring them under the limits. Rather, the only way to accurately get to near where the level desired is, is to start with a higher psi and then slowly reduce it.

That makes an immense amount of sense, and shows that Wells and his flunkies took what was said out of contect and read it the way they WANTED to read it, and not how it was intended.

Right. And the weight loss thing gives it a double meaning.

I think it would be good form to lift the suspensions. Kraft is arguing that they did nothing wrong. Lifting the suspension would stand by that claim. As far as their cursing out Tom, who cares? I have said similar things about bosses that I have liked when joking with colleagues. I have said similar things about bosses I have liked to colleagues when I have been annoyed with my boss. It's no big deal.

Plus, it would be a nice F U to the NFL.

McNally "deflator" has anything to do with the preparation of the footballs.

The Patriots suspended Jas and McNally before the punishment was handed out. Their punishment only takes effect if they are reinstated. They can be reinstated but not at their former positions. I am pretty sure it's just a lawyer thing to limit what punishment the NFL could mete out.

I think it would be good form to lift the suspensions. Kraft is arguing that they did nothing wrong. Lifting the suspension would stand by that claim. As far as their cursing out Tom, who cares? I have said similar things about bosses that I have liked when joking with colleagues. I have said similar things about bosses I have liked to colleagues when I have been annoyed with my boss. It's no big deal.

Plus, it would be a nice F U to the NFL.

Read the OP - I don't think they can without Vincent saying so.

If I had two employees texting stupid **** and caused me to lose a million, get my 1st and 4th taken, and get my QB suspended. I would have hired someone to deflate the crap out of them after I fired them!
At least every other day I delete my texts and emails in my phone ...
I save the emails I need in my desktop ...
Why did these 2 bozos have any texts in their phones after that game?

FREE JJ AND JM

Because they weren't hiding any thing.

You can data mine or whatever deleted texts and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back