PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Is Sony Michel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony is not the problem

I had never seen Michel run in college, but the hype both on here and elsewhere led me to believe that he would be something special. A player that could gain yards when it looked like there was nothing there. So far that hasn't happened.

I had never seen Michel run in college, but the hype both on here and elsewhere led me to believe that he would be something special. A player that could gain yards when it looked like there was nothing there. So far that hasn't happened.

The Lions Rookie RB ran and caught the ball like he was the First Rounder.:confused:

His drops and uselessness in the pass game sure are part of the problem

2 huge back to back drops. Worst part of his night. Actually thought he ran the ball well al things considered (lack of preseason, OL issues)

My main beef on those drops isn’t with Sony, it’s with the personnel on the field that drive. Down 20-10 late in the 3rd, James White needs to be out there.

He's a guy who thought he was joining a Super Bowl team and is now shocked to learn that his offensive line seems to be wearing the other teams' colors.

Blaming Michel for that mess last night is scapegoating at its worst. Detroit's RBs were running through highway exit ramps; Michel and anyone else on the Pats were getting the ball when the nearest guy, other than Brady, had powder blue on his back.

I mean, cripes, that was a team effort disaster right there.

The Lions Rookie RB ran and caught the ball like he was the First Rounder.:confused:

He was also in lions training camp and is not coming off a knee injury.

Let's give him time. Don't forget he missed almost all of training camp. The O-line also hasn't helped him at all. I don't like his drops and I hope he'll get better in the passing game. I also thought the quick 2nd down hand offs to him were very predictable. I don't care what running back you have, if you have 3 or 4 unblocked defenders, chances are you are not going to get a lot of yards.

Let's give him time. Don't forget he missed almost all of training camp. The O-line also hasn't helped him at all. I don't like his drops and I hope he'll get better in the passing game. I also thought the quick 2nd down hand offs to him were very predictable. I don't care what running back you have, if you have 3 or 4 unblocked defenders, chances are you are not going to get a lot of yards.
I hope he improves because after the team didn't draft ilbs, cbs, or d-lineman this year he became my binky.

You can kind of tell if a back will be good just by how he plays when he is the featured back. Yes, the ol were turnstiles but There was just no elusiveness or noticeable speed. He likely will turn into a good rb, but kind of expected game changing talent. I was expecting a bigger Dion Lewis from the hype this summer.

Okay...so what's he doing out there when the game is not out of hand but it's late in the game? Don't you go to your trusted, experienced players?

Yep...and the running lanes they both had were just about equal.....or something.

Ok I 'll play along: that explains the running now explain the back to back drop passes.:rolleyes: A First Round RB is suppose to be complete catch the Football. If Sony have anvil hands when he's in there the D knows we are going to run. And when Whites in they know we are going to pass. Tough to be creative on O when the D knows what's coming.

They wouldn't be if the team didn't inexplicably force it to him rather than using the excellent receiving back they also have.
On the flip-side, a loss is a loss and he got some valuable reps and film on what he did "wrong" and can now correct it over time. Hopefully, his hands come to him as he gets more reps and more comfort in the offense, and then they won't necessarily be telegraphing run/pass when he's on the field anymore.

On the flip-side, a loss is a loss and he got some valuable reps and film on what he did "wrong" and can now correct it over time. Hopefully, his hands come to him as he gets more reps and more comfort in the offense, and then they won't necessarily be telegraphing run/pass when he's on the field anymore.

Hope in one hand and poop in the other. See which one piles up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents